Princess Countdown Clock?

mommy5

Mine worked for the first few days and then disappeared. Checked the Apps folder and the icon is there, sat on the bottom of my screen in the dock ( I use an IMac) but wouldn't open. I do have Adobe 9 and Adobe Air installed as well. I tried installing with my Mac laptop as well, same thing...Nothing. Any suggestions?

Snowbird

We discussed this on our last roll call when the Princess count down clock first came out. Everyone including me, with Windows XP was unsuccessful in getting the application to work. Anyone running Microsoft Windows Vista was successful.

I have it loaded on my laptop at work (running Vista Enterprise edition) and it not only works fine (like Paul's below) but when I arrived back from my last cruise I found it had automatically shifted to countdown for my next booked Princess cruise in May 2010. :)

Obviously the application has some undocumented dependencies.

Oh, and its nice to know that it works with Vista but not with Mac like their commercials imply. :rolleyes:

When I first downloaded the program, it worked properly. It no longer does: when it is started, it doesn't dis[play anything, and according to Windows Task Manager, it uses a tiny bit of computer processing once a second.

I suspect it is the new download of Adobe which is the culprit. Since it updated itself, Firefox crashes fairly regularly when it is shut down - never did this before.

OS is WinXP Pro SP3 - usually rock solid.

PS - my personal opinion here - whoever designed the program should have given it a little more thought. A program which is meant to stay alive for long periods should NOT put an entry on the task bar at the bottom, but should put an icon in the notification area at the right side - like the volume control.

It doesn't run on my Widows XP Professional. However, it does run on my son's Windows Vista laptop. I find that strange since nothing runs well with Vista. I wonder if it would work with Windows 7? I don't need another thing running on my desktop so I really don't care that it doesn't work. I am fine with my CC countdown clock.

Well I started this discussion and am glad I'm not the only person that can't get it to work right! I've tried it on a PC and a laptop.....downloaded the Adobe 10, Adobe Air, it shows that it installed and shows it as a program but it will not proceed from there. I gave up. Sigh...too bad, I thought it would be great!

Mommy5

for a few months! I lost it just over a week ago :mad:- was just getting to the exciting point where I have only 10 weeks to go before my cruise!

Tried to download again but nothing so assumed it was something to do with the P website. Oh well - nice while it lasted! I have Vista!

Glenda

Never got it working... I've got Windows 7... not sure if that's an issue

Still can't get it to work on any on my computers. I have Win 7, Win Xp and Win XP Pro. I have down loaded all the necessary soft ware/program and the clock will not load.

Hugh

• 2 weeks later...
I run Windows XP Pro and my dh has Vista, and it works on both, Except - the clock's wrong. It shows us at sailing at around 5:00 in the morning. I sure HOPE that isn't right!

Still works for me, I just do not keep it running because it takes up so much memory but CruiseB the same for me. It says we sail in 13 days and 10 hours and 20 minutes :eek: That would have me leaving pretty close to 5 in the morning too :D I doubt I will be awake at the hour in our hotel in FLL.

I will say that an Adobe Air Updater pops up but it will not let me update it now it wants me to click on Update Later :confused:

Something else to ask....you know those new emails being sent out every few weeks about your upcoming cruise. A friend is getting them and luckily is emailing them to me but I am not getting them. I am signed up and everywhere on Princess they have my correct email address. A few weeks ago when the one came out from the Passengers Services Director I was upset that I still did not get one so I called into Princess to find out what the heck was the problem. It seems that they had a totally different email address that was complete off of what any email address could even be for me. It seems when this new program was started they did manually upload some email addresses and mine was a huge error. Well anyway after several pohone calls and waiting on hold they told me that they could not get me the previously sent emails but from that point I should start to get them. I even called back a few days later to confirm they now had my correct email address in this new system and they did and that person said YES I would get the new emails that would be sent out. Well guess what at the two week mark which is today and new email has gone out and as you might guess :rolleyes: NO I did not get one :( I have checked my spam mail as well. At this point with only two weeks left I am not even going to bother to call them. It just would have been nice to be getting these for my very first Princess cruise :o

Haven't heard yet of a clock working according to the correct cruise departure time. Mine says we depart at 8:00 a.m. vs 5:00 p.m. actual. The days are right but not the clock. So much for technology. BTW I am running XP. We'll be there at the right time on the right day to depart on schedule ... and enjoy every minute of the high seas.

I haven't been able to get my countdown clock to work either. I uninstalled and tried again last night. It loads and the icon is on my desktop. However, when I double click, the little circle (brain?) turns very briefly then I get a message from my virus protection questioning the program. I click "allow" to continue but that is as far as it goes. I am thinking that therein lies the problem. Just not sure how to fix it. I was really looking forward to this feature. Oh, well :(

I downloaded the application, an icon is on my desktop, I click it... nothing happens. I assume the countdown clock is supposed to showup on your desktop??

someone on the post mentioned you need adobe 9... would that have anything to do with it not showing up??

The countdown clock is designed to be part of your signature, not for the desktop. CC has changed something in that now all the countdown clocks have part of the ship name missing on the right side.

John

• 1 year later...
Has anyone successfully downloaded the Princess Countdown Clock? I try and it gets to the agreement page, scroll down, and there is no where to click, "yes, I agree!" then it just goes back to the first download page. I must be doing something wrong. I did download an updated Adobe 9, still no different.

Any suggestions?

Mommy5

Take your viewing to 75% than scroll down and you will be able to see it.

Archived