Early MDR Seating?

If you have a table for two showing up late won't be a problem..it will just be rushed..However if you are at a larger table it might be a little uncomfortable as your table mates may well be into their service.Perhaps you should try one of the speciality restaurants or the WJ until you get your waitlisted request...this will more than likely happen..Be sure to go to the MDR when you first get onboard to check on this..Good luck and Enjoy !!!

The time listed on my reservation is 6:30PM. I was wondering if there was a grace period in which I can arrive later?

Arriving late puts a hardship on your waitstaff as they are trying to get early dinner guests fed, so the second round can come in. Your table mates may not be very pleased with you either. :eek:

If you are going to go late to dinner,just think of the other guest that may be sitting with you.We had a family that came late every night and our waiter would wait for them until I said I wanted to be served and didnt care about the four others.And we had late sitting.

Even if you are at a table by yourself it does put a strain on the wait staff. They normally get appetizers, dinners and desserts for all tables at about the same time. If you come in when others are already eating, it can throw off the whole rythmn for that wait staff.

While I have seen people come in up to 30 minutes late and still be seated I would not want to do that. As others have said, stop by the MTD desk on boarding to see what you can do, or dine in the Windjammer or specialty restaurants if getting to dinner on time is an issue.

I will either switch to MTD when I board or we will use the Windjammer on those days when the shore excursions get us back to late.

Why don't you just go to Portofino's and/or Chops for those days, that is what we did this past August. Well worth the extra fee!!

jlbkty; Arriving late puts a hardship on your waitstaff as they are trying to get early dinner guests fed, so the second round can come in. Your table mates may not be very pleased with you either.

I totally agree with jlbkty!

Archived