Looking for Great food and/or pictures

geovet

One of my favorite things about cruising is the food! I've tried to search for info here but did not really find a good thread. I have read some comments about not so great food. Please help me get excited about eating on the GOS!:D

Lots of photos including food pics in the link below. My DH really enjoys the slow roasted Prime Rib in the MDR and I love the savoury bites. Many of the soups are excellent in the MDR and we both enjoy the lamb shanks alot. In the specialty restaurants we both have our favourite dishes and , of course, love those yummy desserts.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Kathy:)

One of my favorite things about cruising is the food! I've tried to search for info here but did not really find a good thread. I have read some comments about not so great food. Please help me get excited about eating on the GOS!:D

Question have you ever had bad food on a cruise before.I ask because it dosnt matter if we are going to a 5 star resort or on a ship,we always hear about the bad food.We have never ever been disappointed.Take it a with a grain of salt and enjoy your cruise knowing that RCCL hasnt grown into the mega giant it has become because of bad food or bad service.

Question have you ever had bad food on a cruise before.I ask because it dosnt matter if we are going to a 5 star resort or on a ship,we always hear about the bad food.We have never ever been disappointed.Take it a with a grain of salt and enjoy your cruise knowing that RCCL hasnt grown into the mega giant it has become because of bad food or bad service.

I've had a few icky desserts (and "icky desserts" is not something I've said or typed too often, that's for sure) on RCCL ships...and the salmon on the Liberty (two separate times) was SOOOOO overcooked that it no longer tasted or even LOOKED like salmon (it's supposed to be pink, not WHITE). So that was pretty bad. Other than that, it's ranged from great to mediocre, but I'm REALLY not picky at all and generally love anything put in front of me, haha. Some people are VERY picky when it comes to food.

We've been on a cruise with Royal every year for the last 5. Just sailed in November on the Liberty. Food is not what is what the first year that we sailed, but it is still good. The filet mignon that they added to the main dining room menu was delicious and I'm more of a seafood eater. However, you do have to pay for that entree now in the MDR.

We did a B2B on the Mariner in November, prior to the cruise I had read several posts stating the food was really bad so was wondering what we would experience. Both my husband and I thought the food was pretty good. The vidalia onion tart was one of the best I think I've had on any cruise and the mahi- mahi and chicken marsala were excellent! We were very pleased with the food in both the WJ and MDR.

Sherri:)

This is a good point. If you look around these boards, you'll find several food complaints, and a lot that say certain foods are "inedible." It's usually a means to cheer lead a cruise line and a stretch to insult another. I'm sure some people have had bad food experiences, but I wonder if some people have ever even tried the food they complain about.

Personally, I have never had a bad meal on a cruise. There have been times when it wasn't cooked to order, but that was easily fixed by them bringing out another one.

I, too, love that slow roast Prime Rib. MM MM MM!

Thanks for some of that positive feed back. I am new to this board and I know that there has got to be some happy eaters out there. There has got to be people waiting to get back on that ship to have something yummy. I usually have to try to loose a few pound before my cruise to make up for the extra I will put on. I'm sure that in three weeks from now RC will treat me good.

Any way, so far I will look forward to some great recommendation. I hope they keep coming!!!

The lobster tail/shrimp combo is included in the MDR meals....no added charge. Yes, you can order more than one.

I'm not much of a lobster lover, rather have the shrimp. But, last year on the Explorer, the lobster was so sweet and so tender, I forgot all about the shrimp.:D

Archived