Celebrity Silhouette will be 4th Solstice-class ship

London

Just announced, the fourth Solstice-class ship (after Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse) will be Celebrity Silhouette.

I loved so much the first 3 names....but just don't get the 4th....I'm trying really hard to get used to it thou :)

Any clues about the 5th ship's name?

It's gonna be something related to light and shade as are the other according to X.....please Celebrity don't mess it up choosing something like Shadow :D.....I know u guys are more creative and dont need to copy other ship's names ;):rolleyes:

I'd be interested in learning where the new ships will be sailing. With Solstice and Equinox committed to Mediterranean and Caribbean, and with apparent saturation of Caribbean by all the cruise lines, would love to find out that Celebrity intends to deploy new additions to its fleet elsewhere. Any rumors out there?

I'd be interested in learning where the new ships will be sailing. With Solstice and Equinox committed to Mediterranean and Caribbean, and with apparent saturation of Caribbean by all the cruise lines, would love to find out that Celebrity intends to deploy new additions to its fleet elsewhere. Any rumors out there?

Given the age of some of their older ships (Century 1995 / Mercury 1997) I wouldn't be surprised if these are replacement ships with plans of retiring the others.

Given the age of some of their older ships (Century 1995 / Mercury 1997) I wouldn't be surprised if these are replacement ships with plans of retiring the others.

Hi West Coast !

I'd be very surprised if Century left Celebrity's fleet anytime soon, as she had a major refurbishment a few years ago, and is in excellent condition for a 14 year old ship. On the other hand, Mercury's future remains a mystery. She's been on the bubble for a few years, but has managed to remain with Celebrity. I'd love to see Celebrity give Mercury a Century type refurbishment, perhaps with elements of Solstice... and keep Mercury in Celebity's fleet for several more years. It shouldnt cost as much to refurbish Mercury, as it did Century, since she already has the balconies that Century didn't have back then. It's probably wishful thinking..... but I strongly feel that Mercury can make money for Celebrity, if they found a good niche for her. She is a beautiful ship, and has plenty of Cruises left in her, if given a facelift.

Mercury's future with Celebrity likely depends on if there is a demand for her elsewhere, such as a foreign line, or perhaps even Azamara. If there is ? Celebrity may choose to part ways with Mercury.

We will probably know if Mercury gets another year with Celebrity, around March or April of 2010, when they release their Winter 2011 / Spring 2012 schedule.

Andy

A friend from Charleston put a deposit on Mercury for 2011 and i have one for century for 2011 so i guess we know they are not going far if at all before spring 2011.

Hi Robin !

Mercury should be safe through the current schedule, which goes well into April 2011. Beyond that, is anyone's guess.... but as always, I hope Mercury remains in Celebrity's fleet. Happy Holidays !

I would also like to know where Silhouette will be sailing and exactly when in 2011 she will be delivered. When does booking starts?

Schedules will probably be out Spring of 2010. At this point, no one can say when it will be delivered, all the other S class ships were finished early and they put extra cruises on.

Andy

A friend from Charleston put a deposit on Mercury for 2011 and i have one for century for 2011 so i guess we know they are not going far if at all before spring 2011.

If the time came to retire either of those ships, they could easily serve these cruises with a different ship. If I were them and I were going to make this type of change, I would do it before final payment so that customers could see their cabin locations on the replacement ship before the deal was binding.

Another "S" class ship to look forward to!!!

We have sailed twice on Solstice, & have something booked on Equinox for 2011, so we will have to check out the other two as well!!! The name does not fit with the others but is not that bad,,,IMHO

If they made Mercury (still our fav) a total spa ship with an expanded spa area & kept the t pool; it'd be awesome--it could do Newport, Bermuda, Charleston, & maybe Bahamas--we'd go every year!!!

Hope X is listening to these suggestions!!!

Archived