chef's table/tour question

hazels

It's a bit mysterious how they choose who gets the chef's table. It is very important to get your name on the list as soon as possible (the dine line usually opens around Noon on the day of departure). As the others have said, the cost is $75 per person which we think is very fair when you consider the dinner and experience. Keep in mind that you get a very nice Princess cook book (worth $35), a photo, and you also get Champagne and wine (paired with the different courses).

Hank

It's a bit mysterious how they choose who gets the chef's table. It is very important to get your name on the list as soon as possible (the dine line usually opens around Noon on the day of departure). As the others have said, the cost is $75 per person which we think is very fair when you consider the dinner and experience. Keep in mind that you get a very nice Princess cook book (worth $35), a photo, and you also get Champagne and wine (paired with the different courses).

Hank

My friend rang as soon as we boarded on the Diamond recently. In addition to the above we also got a lovely red rose and a Princess shot glass :eek:

Hank

You get the Princess cook book, too? I LOVE that book! I wonder if they'll come out with a new edition else we'll end up with 3 copies of the cook book if we do chef's table...

You get the Princess cook book, too? I LOVE that book! I wonder if they'll come out with a new edition else we'll end up with 3 copies of the cook book if we do chef's table...

Noticed a few on ebay so maybe you can offset the cost there...

It was one cookbook per couple on our chef's table on Golden in November. I believe it is the same edition that I have seen over the years at the cooking demonstrations. Perhaps ebay will be the way to go.

It was one cookbook per couple on our chef's table on Golden in November. I believe it is the same edition that I have seen over the years at the cooking demonstrations. Perhaps ebay will be the way to go.

One cookbook per couple, but what if you are two women (not a couple) in a cabin? Think it is one per cabin no matter what? How about the picture? One each or one per cabin?

Janet

I called as soon as we boarded the Emerald Princess last month. The woman who answered the phone said she would put us on the list and let us know if we made the cut. We never heard back, and I did not pursue it because we had lovely tablemates and great waiters in the traditional dining room.

I'm going to try again on our next Princess cruise, which may be as soon as March. I just started looking yesterday.

I agree... doesn't seem as if they've come out with a new edition in the past few years. Don't get me wrong, it's a great cookbook and I guess I can always give it away as a gift.

Posters above have mentioned we get a photo, too. Is this in the galley w/the chef?

Posters above have mentioned we get a photo, too. Is this in the galley w/the chef?

When I did the Chef's Table last August on the Crown, the photo was taken at the dinner table . . . I was seated, and the Executive Chef and his team were standing in back of me. Nice souvenir!

What type of food is served at the Chef's Table? How many courses?

We were having dinner in the Anytime Dining room one night and about 8 people in white lab coats followed the wait staff right into the galley and maybe 30-45 minutes later they were led out again. We overheard a neighboring table ask the waiter who those people are and what's going on. The waiter's response was those people are doing the Chef's Table. It seemed like a really fast dinner, so just wondered about the food.

What type of food is served at the Chef's Table? How many courses?

We were having dinner in the Anytime Dining room one night and about 8 people in white lab coats followed the wait staff right into the galley and maybe 30-45 minutes later they were led out again. We overheard a neighboring table ask the waiter who those people are and what's going on. The waiter's response was those people are doing the Chef's Table. It seemed like a really fast dinner, so just wondered about the food.

They were in the galley for appetizers, and a quick tour. After they got out the meal began in earnest, finishing about three hours later.

john

My friend rang as soon as we boarded on the Diamond recently. In addition to the above we also got a lovely red rose and a Princess shot glass :eek:

Deb,

We did exactly the same thing when we boarded Star in SYD on 24 Oct. There was a group of ten of us who were all travelling together and we submitted our names as a group. Seemed to have worked as we were offerred the first Chef's Table of the voyage.

Ciao for now!!!

We and our travel friends requested the Chef's Table on Day 1 aound 5pm. We were picked for the 2nd Table of the Cruise on Day 5. It's a memorable event and if you are a foodie - an experience not be be missed. There were two dinners on our cruise but the week prior there were four. We started at 7 pm and didn't finish until 10 pm. There is a superb review on one of these threads that is worth reading. Just do a search on the words Chef's Table and you'll find it. Humourous and accurate and not a bit exaggerated.

Yes we had two pictures included and received a cookbook (one per couple) but there were two single ladies on the table that got one cookbook each. It was autographed by the Exec Chef who was with us the whole evening. Ladies received a rose. Captain and senior crew joined us in the Kitchen for the apps. It was up close and personal for 30 minutes or more. We took some great pictures.

I am reluctant to publicize this event for fear that so many cruisers will line up for this and I'll never get to do it again.

Here is the menu from our Chef's table experience a few weeks ago. Worth EVERY PENNIE! My wife and I still rave about it. Just FYI, the wine, liquar and champaing were worth $75, plus the gifts, pictures and book. Not to mention the meal, which was fabulous. Check out the pictures

http://salas.smartneighborhood.net/PhotoAlbums/album_1258988207/

Archived