New York hotels with parking for NCL Jewel

PACruiseBear

Does anyone know of any hotels near the NYC port where you can stay overnight and then leave your car there for the week while you cruise. I did this once at Port Canaveral and it was very convenient and cheaper. Also, thinking of doing the NCL Jewel out of NYC in April going to Canaveral, private island and Nassau. Anyone done that cruise before and have any thoughts on it. Thanks all and have a great New Year.

Does anyone know of any hotels near the NYC port where you can stay overnight and then leave your car there for the week while you cruise. I did this once at Port Canaveral and it was very convenient and cheaper. Also, thinking of doing the NCL Jewel out of NYC in April going to Canaveral, private island and Nassau. Anyone done that cruise before and have any thoughts on it. Thanks all and have a great New Year.

not in Manhattan. There are some in NJ that do and some by the airports....look at the eastern ports discussion thread they are discussed there.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

It is my best guess that you would not be able to find a reasonably priced hotel/weekly parking combo in Manhattan. People who pay for monthly indoor garage parking here do so at the rate that others, outside of NYC, pay for their monthly house rental or mortgage.

We are really on a tiny island and space is one of our most valuable commodities. NJ hotels are just across the river yet have much more reasonable rates. It is easy to get from NJ to the pier.

I am thinking the charge at the hotel would exceed what they charge at the port.

As said, it is not unusual to spend more on a parking space than most of us spend for a mortgage. A few, very few, over in Jersey might work out.

Port parking is $30 night. If you go to a hotel in NJ that has parking you will pay for the room and probably a small charge like $5-10 per day to park. That is usually what I do when I fly out of Philly but then you will also have to cab from the hotel which would cost you too so probably just better to pay the $30 and walk right to your car when you get off the ship.

I agree that parking at the port is very convenient. We used to take Amtrak to NYC for our cruise. But, the last two times we drove and much prefer it.

We did this itinerary on our first Dawn cruise in 2005. I agree that I would probably not book this itinerary again (unless it was the Dawn sailing it! :D). The reason is the itinerary. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed it. But, we felt it was a little dull. We much prefer to cruise to other countries to learn about different cultures. We've been to FL many, many times. So, if we ever did this sailing again, we'd probably stay on board while in port in FL and enjoy some of the specials and an empty pool.

But, since this is your first NCL experience, you'll probably love it! Our Sky cruise in February will be our 5th NCL cruise and our Dawn cruise in June will be #6. We love NCL!

Space, even the little bit you need for 1 car, is a huge premium on the island of Manhatten. Generally you can pay upwards of $45 per day to park & that's not overnight. No hotels offer what you want but as others have said, the port is the best place to park & the cheapest b/c it's relatively inconvenient to everything else.

I suspect everyone is ragging on this itinerary b/c it's boring. You are basically sailing to Florida. Ho hum. Just fly to Florida & sail some place more exotic. There are a few longer cruises.

we sailed this itnerary because of the price for a family reunion was reasonable. We had been to the Bahamas numerous times and of course Florida, also. but we still had a blast. When we did this cruise, the best part of course, was t Great Stirrup Cay , but the kids enjoyed going to Cape Canaveral for the day, and we toured Bahamas on our own. The best part is till the cruise, you will still have fun.

Parking at the NYC pier is costly for those of us who have free parking almost everywhere but as the ads say it is "priceless" to come off the ship and get in your car and drive home. We have sailed out of NYC 3 times (Bermuda and E. Caribbean) and loved having the car at the ship when we debark. Just plan it into your cruise budget and go for it. We too have looked at the sailings out of NYC cause it is a fairly easy drive for us, but the FL, Bahama, GSC itinerary just doesn't have that much appeal for us. We loved the E Caribbean itinerary on the Dawn from NYC so much we did it twice in one year. Sorry they did away with it.:(

Budget Queen - could you please elaborate on why you would not consider this cruise. I have been looking at it for my first NCL cruise. Was it the ship, the food, the ports or what.

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

As all the rest of the posters are stating- it's the ports. :(

Thanks for all your replies. I do realize the ports leave a lot to be desired but I'm cruising with my DD who has only cruised to Bermuda and Alaska and my 2 grandchildren who have never cruised before. As for me, I cruise for the ship and not the ports. I've been to most of them many times and rarely get off the ship in port. Still a toss up on which cruise to book but I am leaning towards this one.

• 1 year later...

Stay123.com

Check-in Date: February 01,2011, Adults=1, Rooms=1, Children=0

FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES NEWARK, New York Manhattan Cruiseport Stay Park Cruise and Save

• One Night Hotel Accommodation
  • Free Breakfast. Free parking up to 14 days. Transportation to Manhattan cruiseport is by Limo at cost. $60 for two, $70 for three, $75 for four. For Limo call 888-816-0973

Free Parking Upto 14 days

Rate: $119.00

WYNDHAM NEWARK, New York Manhattan Cruiseport Airport Stay Park Cruise and Save

• Free parking up to 14 days. Transportation to Manhattan cruiseport is by Limo at cost. $60 for two, $70 for three, $75 for four. For Limo call 888-816-0973

Stay123.com

FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES NEWARK, New York Manhattan Cruiseport Stay Park Cruise and Save

• Free Breakfast. Free parking up to 14 days. Transportation to Manhattan cruiseport is by Limo at cost. $60 for two, $70 for three, $75 for four. For Limo call 888-816-0973

• Free parking up to 14 days. Transportation to Manhattan cruiseport is by Limo at cost. $60 for two, $70 for three, $75 for four. For Limo call 888-816-0973

Remember the Limo would have to be round trip..so double the cost...not to mention having to wait until the Limo driver can reach you at the port..which will be crowded at debark...plus there is the tip...both ways....so IMHO...pay the $30 a day for port parking...walk off the ship to your car and be done with it...just so much easier....remember penny wise and pound foolish.

Space, even the little bit you need for 1 car, is a huge premium on the island of Manhatten. Generally you can pay upwards of $45 per day to park & that's not overnight. No hotels offer what you want but as others have said, the port is the best place to park & the cheapest b/c it's relatively inconvenient to everything else.

I suspect everyone is ragging on this itinerary b/c it's boring. You are basically sailing to Florida. Ho hum. Just fly to Florida & sail some place more exotic. There are a few longer cruises.

My family flys all over the world..but not this time...why? Because we want a cruise..and we got it at a very very good price...and will be driving and parking at the port...because we don't need to spend upwards of $3000 during the week we are cruising to fly to FL...and guess what? we will be on a great ship...in great weather..because we are not going in the winter or hurricaine season....and will have 2 ports out of 3 that will have clear sky blue water......we are good with that

Hi,

Found the ONLY hotel on Manhattan (and close to pier ) to offer FREE parking overnight when you stay there BUT you have to get5 out when you check out.

Still a 45$+ value in our pocket.

Almost 1/4 of the week long parking fee at the pier !

Have a good one !

Stay123.com

I am using this package to stay at the Fairfield this weekend to cruise out of Bayonne and and using the limo company. When I return I will be posting back about the experience.

Unfortunately there are not many park/cruise options for the NY ports. www.trinityreservations.com also offers the Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, and Wyndham Gardens for reasonable prices + 14 days parking + breakfast in FI and SS. The limo company price of $60 is very reasonable to NY, but you might want to find out if it includes tolls. Another option is Embassy Suites in Secaucus - they now have a cruise package that includes room, breakfast, parking and one way transportation to the Manhattan pier.

Not everyone wants to spend the $30/day to park in Manhattan for a cruise. It's certainly convenient, but a lot of folks don't feel comfortable driving in Manhattan. You have to figure out what will work best for you. I can tell you that Fairfield Inn and Springhill Suites are very close to exit 14 on the turnpike (printed directions from their website are absolutely necessary - no GPS), so they would be an easy on/off for you heading back to DC.

Hi,

Found the ONLY hotel on Manhattan (and close to pier ) to offer FREE parking overnight when you stay there BUT you have to get5 out when you check out.

Still a 45$+ value in our pocket.

Almost 1/4 of the week long parking fee at the pier !

Have a good one !

Which hotel?

Archived