CC "meet and greets" - help!

Aunt Tina

I am trying to set up a meet and greet on the Emerald at the end of January for 28 people. I found the name of the Princess Rep for the ship and have contacted her. I'm not getting much help or information from her. We are thinking about a quick hello on sailaway, then a meet and greet on the first sea day. Can anyone tell me:

What have you experienced on Princess Ship meet and greets?

Did officers attend?

Were refreshments provided?

Is there a bar on an open deck to have a short meet and greet on sail-away? ( the rep can't organize these).

What time was the safety drill?

All info greatly appreciated!

I go on longer cruises, so we usually have the M&G on the first sea day. We usually have 30 to 40 people attend on the little girls (670 passengers).

It depends on the timing who will attend. If it is after sailaway, the Captain is probably busy getting the ship safely underway.

Refreshment are usually some salty snacks.

i am trying to set up a meet and greet on the emerald at the end of january for 28 people. I found the name of the princess rep for the ship and have contacted her. I'm not getting much help or information from her. We are thinking about a quick hello on sailaway, then a meet and greet on the first sea day. Can anyone tell me:

What have you experienced on princess ship meet and greets?

Did officers attend?

you would have to make up invitations for them.

were refreshments provided?

sometimes they provide a cash bar and sometimes not.

is there a bar on an open deck to have a short meet and greet on sail-away? ( the rep can't organize these).

yes there are a couple aft overlooking the terrace pool.

what time was the safety drill?

around 4 pm.

all info greatly appreciated!

:) :)

If you can't get anywhere with the Princess rep, why not just set up a time and place with your rollcallers and meet on your own. You can always pass along invitations to the officers and CD at the passenger services desk. Tell the others to stop by the Horizon and make a plate of goodies and have everyone responsible for getting their own drinks.

Princess does not sponsor nor support Meet & Greets for Cruise Critic roll call members. The best way to set one up is for someone on the roll call (you?) to organize it by contacting the Cruise Director when you board. Before boarding, decide on a meeting place and time. Just after Muster is usually not a good time as many people go back to their cabins, find theire luggage has been delivered, do a little unpacking, etc. before sailing. If you do plan a sailaway party, a good place to do so is the Outrigger Bar. Most M&G's I've been to have been on the first sea day. On my Crown cruise last summer, we set up a second get-together at afternoon tea, which was delightful.

Some CD's will help, some won't. Some CD's will provide drinks and munchies, most won't. It all depends. I've seen at least one CD not only set up a M&G but bring officers and entertainers to visit.

I just did this for the Crown for 1/23 and it was a confusing job. 1st call they did not do this any more,2sd call staff was in a new job.3rd call right person but phone did not work ,4th call got through left e-mail AND 5 th call connected and got e-mail confirming date.When on board will reconfirm with passengers services.I am Elite with 31 cruises with Princess .Heaven help a newcomer.Kathe

Wonder why Princess is so non responsive to Cruise Critic get togethers.

The ones we attended on Princess had the bar opened for us and we had no snacks at all. We made our own fun.

On a Recent Royal Caribbean cruise, with over 100 Cruise Critic members attending,Royal Caribbean had put invitations in our room, complete with name tags, At our meeting, there was a small buffet set up with fruit and all kinds of goodies. We all got gifts from the cruise line, and raffle with prizes as well. It was lead by a Cruise staff member.They supplied a Microphone so we could go around the room and introduced ourselves. It was very nice.

On Holland America we are treated like royalty as well.They have always gone out of their way to welcome us.

For me Cruise Critic is a big part of the cruise experience. Getting to know our fellow passengers before and chatting with them. Then finally meeting in person, new friends who now felt like lifetime friends.

I have set one for our cruise on Jan 15th. I phoned the "Onboard Coordinator" for our ship in corporate office. She was most helpful and accommodating and only requested an email with the date and time we wanted our function, where we wanted it held and the number of CC's we expected to attend. Within and hour I had a confirming email from her that it was all set up. One of our roll call members has done letters inviting various officers and management people to drop in and has requested and announcement in the Patters.

We have set up several Meet & Greets on Princess by e-mailing the on-board services person for the particular ship we were sailing on. They arranged to have a portion of a venue, i.e., the Wheelhouse for our group and even had a sign that posted our Cruise Critic event. The bar was a no-host bar and we had the normal pretzel/chip snack normally provided.

I am trying to set up a meet and greet on the Emerald at the end of January for 28 people. I found the name of the Princess Rep for the ship and have contacted her. I'm not getting much help or information from her. We are thinking about a quick hello on sailaway, then a meet and greet on the first sea day. Can anyone tell me:

What have you experienced on Princess Ship meet and greets?

Did officers attend?

Were refreshments provided?

Is there a bar on an open deck to have a short meet and greet on sail-away? ( the rep can't organize these).

Don't lose any sleep over this--make the first M&G simple--just meet somewhere close to a bar--sailaway by the pool always seems to be a problem--just too many people--I'm assuming you leave at 5 pm and that muster will probably be before--Try to set up something by ANY bar after sailaway--also, is the first day a sea day by any chance ???? I just may be on your cruise if it's out of FLL about the 23rd or 24th of January--

Princess rarely gives you refreshments--some times dry snacks--kind of like checx mix--If you want one on the sea day or a sailaway at someones balcon--it helps to ask CD etc.--sometimes they send great food and lots of champagne--don't hold your breath--also--they are more giving on the small ships such as Tahitian and Pacific--just be sure to invite all that you can to come to you M & G

All info greatly appreciated!

Okay--I messed up--my post is above--sorry

Nancy:D:D

The ones we attended on Princess had the bar opened for us and we had no snacks at all. We made our own fun.

On a Recent Royal Caribbean cruise, with over 100 Cruise Critic members attending,Royal Caribbean had put invitations in our room, complete with name tags, At our meeting, there was a small buffet set up with fruit and all kinds of goodies. We all got gifts from the cruise line, and raffle with prizes as well. It was lead by a Cruise staff member.They supplied a Microphone so we could go around the room and introduced ourselves. It was very nice.

On Holland America we are treated like royalty as well.They have always gone out of their way to welcome us.

For me Cruise Critic is a big part of the cruise experience. Getting to know our fellow passengers before and chatting with them. Then finally meeting in person, new friends who now felt like lifetime friends.

Royal Caribbean always will work with CC--they always set things up for you--Princess doesn't do it that often--sometimes they'll do a lot for your group--just never know--better to be happily surprised than sadly disappointed--

Nancy:D:D

NCL does not have a contract either but the do a fantastic job for our CC M&G's..They provide snacks juices, coffee etc...and are always attended by staff members, usually including the Captian...Its a shame Princess can't do the same thing...:rolleyes:

Besides inviting the Captain and the CD, what other officers are usually included in the invitation list?

We've had CD staff, and sometimes even the CD, himself attend. Would like to invite some ship's officers this time, but not sure who, besides the Captain, to prepare invitations for.

Thanks for your help.

I've arranged M&G s before by emailing the Princess rep at the head office for the ship I would be on.

The rep. set up the time, place and arranged for a microphone to be available (at a $10 cost to me).

She also contacted the ship (passenger's service dept.) with the information and let me know of changes that had to be made re: time.

She invited some of the crew but could not guarantee they'd come.

On the Crown last Sept., the cruise director, passenger's service director and one other crew member attended and answered the cc's questions. A meeting sign was set up at the door by the staff.

Two bartender's were provided for a 1hour cash bar. No food.

A note re: arrangements was to be in my cabin when I boarded, but it did not arrive until later, so I just went to the passenger's service desk to confirm the arrangements for our M&G for the 2nd day on board.

Why not take a look at an earlier sailing's roll call to see if you can get contact information?

Hope this helps.

Besides inviting the Captain and the CD, what other officers are usually included in the invitation list?

We've had CD staff, and sometimes even the CD, himself attend. Would like to invite some ship's officers this time, but not sure who, besides the Captain, to prepare invitations for.

Thanks for your help.

I'm the one who put together the invites for Putterdude's cruise (see above post). I have letters for all the people whose names appear on the emails we get from Princess prior to the cruise. For this one it is the captain, the cruise director, the captain's circle hostess, the maitre'd and the passenger services director.

I set up the M&G for our last cruise by contacting the Princess representative and then once I got on board I delivered the invites via the purser's office and asked for notice to be put in the patter. They were very accomodating. The Captain could not make the meeting but he called my cabin to give his regrets. That was a bit of a thrill. The CD and PSD did attend.

Hi San diego Sue (I know you're on one of my threads) I'm in total agreement with you. Princess doesn't even like to see M and g the first day.

Hi San diego Sue (I know you're on one of my threads) I'm in total agreement with you. Princess doesn't even like to see M and g the first day.

NCL does a great job too..on our last cruise we had over 100 CC members for the M&G...they gave us a whole lounge and moved bingo....:D...most of the senior staff show up, answer any questions and hand out their personal business cards just in case someone need any help...It just good business with minimal cost to the line....I have a hard time understanding Princess's minimal participation...

Archived