Has anyone made a noon flight out of FLL?

OK, I know there has been quite a bit of discussion on the early flights out of Miami. I have a chance to book a noon flight out of FLL for a substantial savings for my 3 kids (2 are adult). Our cruise gets into Miami on Sunday Feb 15th. Has anyone made a flight that early and if so, how? Did you take a taxi? Shuttle? Walk off with your own luggage? I really don't want to stress about it but I really don't want to pay and extra $400 if I don't have to either.

thanks!

Jenn

I can't believe a noon flight would be a problem at all. Note, I can't speak for any delays for additional security screening however friends who flew just a few days ago had no problems with needing additional time. If you are really concerned just walk off the ship as soon as it docks with your own luggage. Do not put your bags outside your cabin the night before. We're leaving soon on our 11th cruise and have had flights before noon on several occasions. Even debarking with the cruise line taking care of our luggage (and traveling 60 minutes to the airport) we have made flights before noon. Keep in mind all passengers are off and the ship is cleaned and reboarding very quickly. We often board the ship for our cruise between 11 and 12. I wouldn't be concerned. Save some money!

My son and soon to be DIL did just this on 12/20. They got off with their own luggage, but as Diamonds they would have been off at the same time, because we were driving by them in the car rental shuttle as they were getting into a taxi.

They had an 11:35 AM flight out of FLL and made it to the airport by 9:30.

A noon flight should be no problem. We've made 11:30 flights without a hitch and had plenty of time. Where you get into an issue with flights earlier than 10:30 is unexpected issues with getting off the ship, getting a taxi, getting through long lines at check in or security or any of the other number of things that can bite you in the hind end. But a noon flight shouldn't be a problem even if you get hung up a little along the way.

It's says on their web site that the transportation can't originate in Miami? So I think that would leave them out for my ride from POM to FLL. Thanks though and to all of you who responded.

Try Quality Limo Service. We are taking them from POM to FLL after our cruise. They were about the same price as the other shuttle services. Also very good customer service/response when I had questions before booking.

It's says on their web site that the transportation can't originate in Miami? So I think that would leave them out for my ride from POM to FLL. Thanks though and to all of you who responded.

SAS will transport you from FLL to Port of Miami and back. They cannot transport you from P of M to another place in Miami. I used them a few weeks ago when I sailed on the Majesty and was at FLL for a noon flight by 9:00.

as long as 1 end of your trip is in FLL they can take you. They can't if you are going from one point in Miami to another point in Miami.

Bill

Absolutely use SAS! They are realiable and only $15 pp each way. They will take you from FLL to either the port of Miama or to your hotel in Miami. After the cruise they will pick up at POM and take you back to FLL. We carried off our luggage and were at FLL by 9 AM.

Archived