"Your Ticket to Dine" Now Available Fleet-Wide

pintessential

Hello all,

I received an email from NCL in my inbox this afternoon stating "Your Ticket to Dine" is now available across the whole fleet. I believe its the same packages that have previously only been available on the Pearl.

For the first time, it appears you have the option to pre-book the packages with your travel agent. You can also still purchase them on-board during embarkation.

You can view the email online at:

http://ebm.email.ncl.com/c/tag/hBLS010B7yHxAB74HwuJsMluesK/doc.html

Here are the three options that were previously offered on the Pearl (copied from another thread):

1. 3 Restaurant visits:

$25 Cagney’s

$15 Bistro or Asian

$10 Italian or Tex Mex

_____

$50 Package Value

Package Price $40pp

OR

2. 4 Restaurant visits

$25 Cagney’s

$15 Bistro or Asian

$10 Italian

$10 Tex Mex

_____

$60 Package Value

Package Price $48pp

OR

3. 5 Restaurant visits

$25 Cagney’s

$15 Bistro

$15 Asian

$10 Italian

$10 Tex Mex

$75 Package Value

Package Price $60pp

Any recent cruisers know if they offer 2 for 1 deals? They offered 2 for 1 early dining on my 2008 Jewel cruise, but not 2009 Spirit.

I may be interested in this for my Jan Star cruise, but would be disappointed to find out later they offer 2-1 early dining.

Maybe they should lower the price of the cruise and charge for all meals.

huh? What was that all about? I don't think I totally understand your statement..It isn't like they have added any new restaurants or are even suggesting we eat in specialty dining rooms. All cruise lines have them, I am sure you are aware of that. This just makes it a bargain, that is all. YOu still have 2 MDR, room service the outside grill, the buffet, Blue Lagoon with no charges... I happen to think the idea is a great one.

Nita

Seems the New Year has brought lots of negativity. Folks if your not happy with the cruise set up then find another line, go land vacation or better yet stay home and bitch at your partner and let the rest of us enjoy the cruise.

This new advertisement doesn't give you the breakdown of the restaurants they picked for us. I wonder if we can pick the 3?

If you look at the footnote at the bottom of the ad, you'll see the list of paticipating restaurants, so presumably it is your choice of those, subject to the stated limitation of being able to visit any individual restaurant only once. If you were to choose some combinations, such as Italian, Tex Mex, and Asian for the three restaurant combo, you would end up paying more than you would have if you paid for each individually. You have to make Cagney's part of your package in order to get the proper value from the package.

huh? What was that all about? I don't think I totally understand your statement..It isn't like they have added any new restaurants or are even suggesting we eat in specialty dining rooms. All cruise lines have them, I am sure you are aware of that. This just makes it a bargain, that is all. YOu still have 2 MDR, room service the outside grill, the buffet, Blue Lagoon with no charges... I happen to think the idea is a great one.

Nita

Nita, some people get their jollies by being negative. We have an abundance of them here on Cruise Critic. I'm afraid they're not going to go away, sad to say.

Seems the New Year has brought lots of negativity. Folks if your not happy with the cruise set up then find another line, go land vacation or better yet stay home and bitch at your partner and let the rest of us enjoy the cruise.

Well said. This negativity adds nothing of value to Cruise Critic and is really tiresome.

If you look at the footnote at the bottom of the ad, you'll see the list of paticipating restaurants, so presumably it is your choice of those, subject to the stated limitation of being able to visit any individual restaurant only once. If you were to choose some combinations, such as Italian, Tex Mex, and Asian for the three restaurant combo, you would end up paying more than you would have if you paid for each individually. You have to make Cagney's part of your package in order to get the proper value from the package.

If I had to pick 3 it would be Cagneys, Bistro and Asian. That was not an option originally when it was being tested. By looking at it now it looks like you can mix any 3 not what they originally stated.

The way the 24 hour rule exists now, people in insides and ocean views may book a specialty restaurant only 24 hours ahead of time (and do not always succeed because of other categories ability to book earlier). Those in balconies and mini-suites can book 48 hours ahead. Those in suites can book all nights on the first day if they wish (or just have their butler make a reservation on the spur of the moment).

So I'm wondering if having the Ticket to Dine enables you, regardless of your cabin category, to book the whole week if you've already paid for it. Does anyone know?

I thought I read that you may be able to book specialty restaurants on line some time in the future. Anyone know about the validity of that statement? It's true on other lines but I am asking about NCL now.

I received an email from NCL in my inbox this afternoon stating "Your Ticket to Dine" is now available across the whole fleet. ...

I'm mystified why my PCC contradicts your assertion. Looking at the link you provided, I don't see any terms that indicate it is available through any particular date, but my PCC says it is not yet available for my July cruise on the Pearl.

I also haven't found the place on the NCL site where I can order my package, if there is one.

Anyone able to shed some light on this? Also, any insight about "Wine and Dine" packages? Thanks in advance.

InThe

Does the Ticket to Dine apply to the Gem as well? When I was on in May it was $25 for Le Bistro and $25 for Cagney's. I do see the fine print for Teppanyaki. If it was $40 for 3 - that would be a geat deal on the Gem.

Well said. This negativity adds nothing of value to Cruise Critic and is really tiresome.

Actually it DOES add something of value to Cruise critic, it adds the opposite side of the coin. NOT everything about cruising is sweetness and light but SOME CC'ers would like you to think it IS.

I am SURE I am on the list of negative posters, but I don't only post the negative, when there is something positive to say I say it too.

What I do post is HONEST opinion, tell it like it is not like I might like it to be, and things one should watch out for or be aware of.

To some that is negativity.

Simma down now!!!;) Try decaf:eek:

when you buy the pkg you tell them what rest.you want at time of perchase just tell your PCC or pick when you buy on board.

Archived