Pearl secrets

gdpups

I've confirmed with NCL you can bring your own wine and pay $15 per bottle, but was wondering if it's possible to then give your wine to a waiter or something after arriving on the ship, so they can serve it at dinner?? Is that possible and if so who do I give the bottles to. Otherwise, I guess I could just bring one to dinner with me.

Also, we plan to eat at a different specialty restaurant just about every night, do they store unfinished bottles for you and deliver to any of the the specialty restaurants???

Thank you for your help!

gdpups come join our roll call we have a fun group that will be sailing

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=927099

To answer your question you take your wine to the dining room or resturant with you the 1st evening. They will then store the unused portion for you for the next evening, unless your like me and drink the whole bottle.

Not really a secret, but easily missed....the navigation bridge viewing room. All the way forward on Deck 11, port (left) side of the ship. They have navigation repeater stations, a big window that looks in to the bridge and a looping video of the construction of the Pearl.

Actually, I think that viewing room is one of the few secrets, or at least something that many people are not aware of.

As to the wine, yes they will store you unfinished bottle. Not a problem for us, we always finish, or take what is left back to the cabin and then finish it.

Not really a secret, but easily missed....the navigation bridge viewing room. All the way forward on Deck 11, port (left) side of the ship. They have navigation repeater stations, a big window that looks in to the bridge and a looping video of the construction of the Pearl.

Thanks so much for that hint! I will be going on the Pearl in April, and would love to hear of any other "secret" or favorite places which people have.

I would say this is a good secret we were on the Pearl in June and did not see this. We will be back on the Pearl with the OP and just down the hall from the viewing room so I am sure I will find it this time.

As to the wine question tiggerfan616 is correct just bring it with you the first night. We did bring some wine with us but we kept it in our room. They had a wine chiller in our suite for us and they kept it full of ice.

They have the same window, bridge to be viewed unless a bridge tour is going on then the curtain is drawn. All the awards, tv video of building of the ship.

Thanks so much for that hint! I will be going on the Pearl in April, and would love to hear of any other "secret" or favorite places which people have.

Not in any particular order: the stone loungers in the spa!! the bar/club on deck 13 [the starlight?] early in the day when no one is there, curled up in one of the forward window seats; your balcony at dawn and at dusk; all the specialty restaurants except mambo; looking at the pictures on every mid-flight stair landing on all of the 3 stair cases....really great. walking every deck and finding new things. the library if you're tired and want quiet. deck 12 near the pool if you're wide awake and want noise. you will LOVE it.

We enjoyed every restaurant including Mambos (twice). If you like sushi DO NOT miss the great sushi bar and leave room for their specialty ice cream for dessert (cant remember what its called - but it is unique and delicious!) We rarely made reservations and didn't have to wait for any restaurant more then a few minutes but we had a smaller party.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks so much everyone.... Keep these great ideas coming..... I'll really appreciate the info.

Gordon

I appreciate all the info too! We are sailing on March 27th and flying into Miami the day before. It is not practical to bring wine from New York does anyone know where to purchase wine near the port? Thanks for your help with this. Marcia:)

Archived