What's Up With All of the Robes on Lido?

afcj1

When we were on the Dream, I saw soooo many people wearing their CCL robes to get something to eat. Seriously...the pools weren't open yet and at night, they were already closed. Others had jammie pants underneath:eek:

Sorry, if I'm missing it...but would you wear your bath robe to the restaurant at a hotel? Hopefully not, so why would you wear one to the Lido deck to eat? I've NEVER seen as many robes out in public as I did on this sailing.

Just wondering...am I in the minority to think that it's a little wierd?

It is weird. But I am starting to see people where those sleep pants everywhere. I also saw a woman at a hotel breakfast area get food sit and eat.. I think the only time I was ever seen in pjs in public was at a hotel when someone hit the fire alarm. I was a little embarrassed as I was wearing Christmas flannels in June. It gets cold in hotels...

Yes, weird.

A bathrobe or dressing gown or housecoat is a robe typically worn after bathing in the privacy of one's home where the wearer is typically otherwise nude to keep warm and/or preserve modesty at times when there is no immediate need to fully dress. DW

We stayed in a hotel for thanksgiving that had free breakfast. But, the dining area was always crowded so I would go down and bring food on trays up to the family and yes I was in my PJ pants!

I wouldn't go to the dining room like that though. I have no idea about the Lido since this will be our first cruise.

Clearly you don't live in fashionable areas and don't keep up with the latest styles.

Here in Manhattan people wear robes to restaurants. It is a trend that has moved from Paris and Berlin and has caught on here.

but it beats the old flabby guy in the speedo.:rolleyes:

I totally agree with you OP. People who do that have no class. Unfortunately you will see this from time to time on Carnival ships. I would have said something to them if I had seen them. That's too bad some people act the way they do.

I think it is funny to comment on robes! There are some very expensive spa resort hotels , like the Golden Door, where you are supposed to leave your fancy clothes home and hang out in your robe as much as possible!!

Perhaps folks are just being comfortable ??As long as everything is covered..........well....maybe Carnival is turning into a "spa ship" instead of a "party ship".

I would rather see someone COVERED UP than wearing a swimsuit at the buffet.

I routinely grab a cup of coffee from Lido before heading to the sauna (or thalasso pool and sauna) first thing in the morning. (which is a ritual I do almost every morning to steam the ole vocal chords)

And yes, I will have my robe over my swimsuit....because I am headed to the Spa ...

Archived