What's Up With All of the Robes on Lido?

afcj1

Roll your eyes all you want- yes, I find pajamas in the grocery store offensive. Just for you I will stop wearing them (actually, my wife would appreiciate it to.I also find bathing suits without a serious coverup in stores offensive. I find strapless clothing in high schools offensive. This would be inappropriate to me as it can disrupt a learning environment and with our education system we don't need anymore disruptions.I find pants hanging down at mid thigh offensive. It really only bothers me when I am behind this person and they can't walk at a normal pace because they are trying to keep their pants up. I think we have lost all sense of decorum in this country and it shows in many ways. And I don't think that our country and our culture is the better for it. I think as a country we have become to intolerant towards others and have started to meddle in peoples lives to much.

End of lecture.quote]

End of rebuttal

When we were on the Dream, I saw soooo many people wearing their CCL robes to get something to eat. Seriously...the pools weren't open yet and at night, they were already closed. Others had jammie pants underneath:eek:

Sorry, if I'm missing it...but would you wear your bath robe to the restaurant at a hotel? Hopefully not, so why would you wear one to the Lido deck to eat? I've NEVER seen as many robes out in public as I did on this sailing.

Just wondering...am I in the minority to think that it's a little wierd?

Well...if they had not been wearing their robes....then what would your thread have been about :confused:

Clearly you don't live in fashionable areas and don't keep up with the latest styles.

Here in Manhattan people wear robes to restaurants. It is a trend that has moved from Paris and Berlin and has caught on here.

Do those wearing the robes everywhere promote women NOT SHAVING under their arms or bathing only ONCE a week. Yuk ! ! :eek:

I really think it looks weird when people go to stores in the PJ and slippers.

The robe thing at the lido would depend on time i guess. if its before 7 and you just are going to get a coffee. Ok i guess I wouldn't do it i'm going to brush my hair and put work out clothes on.

But then I'm the girl who dosn't own sweat pants baggy mens tees or sweat shirts. And if i did i wouldn't wear them out. lol

I don't know, I'm starting to think it's just me that doesn't see what the big deal is. people are saying it somehow lessens their cruise to see people dressing this way, how? Does it make the alcohol taste funny? The water is a little less blue when there's a guy in his robe somewhere? I'm sure the Hairy chest contest really classes the vacation up right? Shows us where the integrity lies?:rolleyes:

I went to college on a big campus and it was common to see people wandering around all day in pajamas, maybe I've become blind to it. :confused:

I saw a lot of robes on the Dream CTN. First, we had awful weather & I think people were wearing whatever they could to stay warm & dry.

I also think the placement of the Dream hottubs out the side contribute to this. There was a lot more walking through the inside to get to those. Then on your way back to your room you stop for a quick drink, an ice cream, a slice of pizza - next thing you know you've just been around the whole lido in your bathrobe!

I don't know, I'm starting to think it's just me that doesn't see what the big deal is. people are saying it somehow lessens their cruise to see people dressing this way, how? Does it make the alcohol taste funny? The water is a little less blue when there's a guy in his robe somewhere? I'm sure the Hairy chest contest really classes the vacation up right? Shows us where the integrity lies?:rolleyes:

I went to college on a big campus and it was common to see people wandering around all day in pajamas, maybe I've become blind to it. :confused:

Yes it's just you, I guess you are part of the ME generation...my children are the same way....Dennis

I saw a lot of robes on the Dream CTN. First, we had awful weather & I think people were wearing whatever they could to stay warm & dry.

I also think the placement of the Dream hottubs out the side contribute to this. There was a lot more walking through the inside to get to those. Then on your way back to your room you stop for a quick drink, an ice cream, a slice of pizza - next thing you know you've just been around the whole lido in your bathrobe!

I haven't been on the Dream yet(40ish days to go), but on my last cruise, we all (20) ladies, went from our rooms to the spa in our robes.

I don't know what we past while doing it, but I think we were right to wear them as cover ups.

And as stated, if you are going to the hot tub, pool or just the chairs to sun bathe, then you get a little hungry,

do i need to go back to my room to change so I can grab a bite to eat, and go back and layout some more, reading my book and relaxing?

I think we all should worry more about our own issues, and leave others to worry about theirs.

What is offensive to us about someone, means nothing to others. What is it that is offensive about you to others, is what we should be concerned about.

Oh, and our group has a PJ Party Planned for the Dream one of the nights, so if you see 100+ people in their robes at 10ish,

that would be us. Sorry in advance if we offend someone. Oh and there will be PJ Pants and night wear also.

When we were on the Dream, I saw soooo many people wearing their CCL robes to get something to eat. Seriously...the pools weren't open yet and at night, they were already closed. Others had jammie pants underneath:eek:

Sorry, if I'm missing it...but would you wear your bath robe to the restaurant at a hotel? Hopefully not, so why would you wear one to the Lido deck to eat? I've NEVER seen as many robes out in public as I did on this sailing.

Just wondering...am I in the minority to think that it's a little wierd?

No.

Just like in a hotel, a robe should not be worn out of your stateroom (with the exception of those late night robe parties).

No, you are not the only one. I would have to agree with you. My first Carnival cruise is coming up next month and before reading these boards I had no idea how many of the fashion police force cruised Carnival. I don't necessairly have any immediate plans to wear my bathrobe to Lido, but it is in no way going to lessen my vacation if someone else does. I spend my vacation enjoying my time with my friends and family and don't waste my precious vacation minutes critiquing the attire of my fellow passengers. I fully plan on the drink of the day being delicious & the water being a sparkling blue no matter what the other passengers are wearing.

Don't care what others are wearing. Don't understand why anyone would care or why it would bother them.

AMEN BROTHER!!

WHO CARES????

I personally would feel rather stupid but I find it rather entertaining LOL!:D

4 more days!!:D

donnakg

No, you are not the only one. I would have to agree with you. My first Carnival cruise is coming up next month and before reading these boards I had no idea how many of the fashion police force cruised Carnival. I don't necessairly have any immediate plans to wear my bathrobe to Lido, but it is in no way going to lessen my vacation if someone else does. I spend my vacation enjoying my time with my friends and family and don't waste my precious vacation minutes critiquing the attire of my fellow passengers. I fully plan on the drink of the day being delicious & the water being a sparkling blue no matter what the other passengers are wearing.

In the real world no one says a thing.

At home here in FL, I have noticed people wearing what appear to be pajama pants (and sometimes slippers) to the supermarkets, Target, etc. Seems like it's becoming more and more common.

I have seen people in PJ's and robes walking around the ships too. It doesn't offend me, but I just couldn't imagine doing it myself.

Archived