What's Up With All of the Robes on Lido?

afcj1

So when jay z drops 1800 for lunch at a swanky NYC restaurant all the while wearing a ball cap (sideways naturally), it seems to me that the mgmt has deemed him appropriate. But let's judge others while vacationing. :confused:

So, jay z is going to serve as a model for dress or manners?

It can be tacky in some areas but it looks better than flab hanging out all over a tiny suit while in the buffet line. And I wouldn't want to see someone's thing-a-ma-jingy either. :eek: Covering up can be good!!

BTW - Thanks! for making me laugh soooo hard today everyone who has written in this thread! I needed it!!

A few cruises back one of the comedians made some jokes about a group that came to the show in their robes. My husband and I have often commented to each other that people wouldn't show up in a dining room at a hotel in their robe or pj's, so why on a ship? But, people do what they do and I am certainly not going to let it impact my day.

My daughter tried to go to high school one day in pajama pants and was stopped going out the door. From my perspective, she appeared sloppy and lazy and definitely not ready to start the day. Tacky was the best word I could find to sum it up, and she reluctantly changed and went on her way.

Last cruise, I must admit we had a spa cabin w/the private elevator and private stair entrance. Late at night we did to go the spa in our bathing suits covered by our robes. But, we didn't have to walk through the general public areas.

I was on the Carnival Triumph 12/12/09 and noticed people on the Lido Deck in the morning with Carnival Robes and house slippers. I call that Skeezy and totally unacceptable for anyone on a ship with nearly two thousand people on board. It is too easy to just order room service and not subject the public to this outrageous behavior. It also seems that people have lost proper decorum when it comes to dining at dinner. I noticed people dressed very inappropriate for such a setting and their behavior was also questionable. I was in the London Dining Room and we had a group that thought they were on the street corner. I think Carnival should require people to behave like people and stop this type of behavior before it becomes accepted as normal behavior. I do not think myself a stuff shirt but my Mother always said you can tell where people come from and who they come from by their behavior and the compny they keep. ;)

This laxity in dress seems to have started about the time that credit cards became available to anyone -- about 1970. Prior to that, the robe and baseball-cap-in-the-dining-room crowd couldn't cruise.

Interesting.

No matter how or when or if I spelled a word wrong it does not change the fact that the behavior of that type is unacceptable. Decency or Dencesy it is just wrong. Stand up for something or stand for nothing. End of conversation. God Bless!

Well I think Carnival opened themselves up to it by putting the adult pool on the other side of the buffet so you have to walk through the buffet to get in or out of the pool. I'd rather see people in robes than bathing suits.

It doesn't really bother me what other people wear. I notice it and might comment about it to DH but it wouldn't ruin my cruise. I've never even wore one of the robes because I'm always afraid they don't wash them between passengers.

For the people who posted about wearing beach cover ups- what's the difference? It's the same material in a different shape.

When we were on the Dream, I saw soooo many people wearing their CCL robes to get something to eat. Seriously...the pools weren't open yet and at night, they were already closed. Others had jammie pants underneath:eek:

Sorry, if I'm missing it...but would you wear your bath robe to the restaurant at a hotel? Hopefully not, so why would you wear one to the Lido deck to eat? I've NEVER seen as many robes out in public as I did on this sailing.

Just wondering...am I in the minority to think that it's a little wierd?

Alot of people where them with the bathing suits underneath. Also alot of folks to and from the Spa. It's no big deal.

I choose to stand up for correct spelling and I will do so while wearing my bathrobe and slippers to get breakfast on the lido :cool:

No matter how or when or if I spelled a word wrong it does not change the fact that the behavior of that type is unacceptable. Decency or Dencesy it is just wrong. Stand up for something or stand for nothing. End of conversation. God Bless!

Back and forth to a pool or spa and sitting around the pool eating from the grill does not seem to be a problem. Nor using robes to ward off an unexpected cold snap. It is sitting inside at a bar, or in a restaurant or lounge, where it seems unacceptable. I certainly would rather people cover up bathing suits when wandering about. On our first cruise there was a young woman, maybe about 18-19, who strutted around all day, inside and out, in a very small bathing suit and heels. She was lovely, and had a wonderful figure, and if I'd been her mother I would have hit her upside the head and told her to get dressed. (Ok- no, I would not have actually hit her upside the head- this is a saying folks- I am not advocating child abuse, even if the kid needed it)

Guest bahamamama1
I think I'd rather see the bathrobes than what's underneath them the majority of the time. ;)

LOL thats what somebody said on the last thread discussing this topic ! LOLOL

Was anyone wearing SNUGGIES ???

Back and forth to a pool or spa and sitting around the pool eating from the grill does not seem to be a problem. Nor using robes to ward off an unexpected cold snap. It is sitting inside at a bar, or in a restaurant or lounge, where it seems unacceptable. I certainly would rather people cover up bathing suits when wandering about. On our first cruise there was a young woman, maybe about 18-19, who strutted around all day, inside and out, in a very small bathing suit and heels. She was lovely, and had a wonderful figure, and if I'd been her mother I would have hit her upside the head and told her to get dressed. (Ok- no, I would not have actually hit her upside the head- this is a saying folks- I am not advocating child abuse, even if the kid needed it)

They should require burkas. How dare anyone walk around a cruise ship in a bathing suit. :eek:

If she is 18-19, it isn't child abuse. It is battery.

Archived