What's Up With All of the Robes on Lido?

afcj1

I have a better answer that might just be the real reason people wander about with those robes on--They're too lazy to get dressed to just throw the robe on and wander about. Those that have it open are likely wearing it after a swim, but others who keep it closed one has to wonder IF there is anything underneath, which shows the laziness...

I am a little fluffy, thus, the robes don't fit..so much for the One Size Fits All theory.....one size fits some....

:DWell I for one don't worry too much about what people wear on ship. Most of the time it just gives us a chuckle. I have enough worries with out worrying about that kind of stuff......:D

I agree.....life is too short to worry about what other people wear.

I cruise for fun and relaxation....I do not spend my time judging others on what they wear or do. And, no I have never worn a robe in the dining area of the Lido..but now I am thinking about it ;)

Life would be boring if we all dressed alike at all times :eek:

Well...if they had not been wearing their robes....then what would your thread have been about :confused:

Uhhh, that's a hard one:confused:

I've been on several cruises in the past year and this just stood out. I realize that the PJ pants seems to be a mostly "younger" thing to do, but certainly not as silly as wearing a robe to eat. Back to my original question, when in a hotel, do you wear a robe to the lobby for breakfast?

I assume not and since a cruise ship is like a floating hotel, then why is it OK.

Anyway, I really don't care what people wear, it's not about caring, just asking the question.

Guest bahamamama1
And, if that was me you were talking to, I would tell you where to go and how to get there. How about people minding their own business?

I'm with you !

Guest bahamamama1
they should require burkas. How dare anyone walk around a cruise ship in a bathing suit. :eek:

.. Omg !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Burkas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lolololol !!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it would be more decent if people spent time learning to spell than worrying about what others are wearing.

It is spelled decency, not decensy!

You may want to review the community guidelines. Here, for your perusal:

Spelling and Grammar Errors It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Cruise Critic Cannot Correct Your Posts

Please review your post carefully for typos, incorrect dates and spelling errors.

Maybe it would be more decent if people spent time learning to spell than worrying about what others are wearing.

It is spelled decency, not decensy!

or spend a little time reading the guidelines for posting

...just a friendly suggestion;)

Guest bahamamama1
Good point!

I had a lady come to my office in pajamas?!?!?!:eek:

People can come to my shop and banquet hall all day long in robes; as long as they are spending money- I could care less !!

I stand....or sit corrected.

My point is the same though, rather than expending one's energy worrying about whether someone is in a robe or cover-up (same material as someone already said), it should not affect one's vacation.

And yes, myself and 2-3 of our kids would go and get breakfast in our PJ's at a hotel we stayed at over Thanksgiving. Because, by the time we got up and would get dressed, all the good food was gone from the buffet area. So, we went down in our Pj's and got food for everyone to eat in our room.

No shame in my game. Everything was covered up and we did brush our teeth before we went down. :cool:

or spend a little time reading the guidelines for posting

...just a friendly suggestion;)

I hate those pj pants that are the craze right now....you see them everywhere, I've seen people at Chili's in them, at the grocery store looking like they just rolled out of bed, the 7-11 and every place else. I do not think robes or pj pants are acceptable out in public on a cruise ship. After all, you are sharing your vacation space with 3000 other people. Would you wear your robe to Chili's?:eek:

I hate the darned things too....except in my home where, combined with an old soft sweatshirt and a pair of warm fuzzy footies they make a definite fashion statement.........

On two cruises this fall we saw a lot of folks in robes all over the ship. It just seems alittle odd but it is a vacation. I wouldn't want to wear a robe in public let alone on the Lido deck but if others do it I just think they are freer spirits than I. And you'll never see those people in robes again after you get off the ship so it just gives you a quirky story to share with your friends.

Guest bahamamama1
'Wal-Mart' comment: On my last cruise my daughter noticed that many of our fellow passengers were wearing clothes from Target. .

It's because some executive that used to work for Target went to work for Wal Mart and wanted to help boost the image.. which is why now Wal Mart employees wear the dark blue shirts and kaki pants..

I choose to stand up for correct spelling and I will do so while wearing my bathrobe and slippers to get breakfast on the lido :cool:

It doesn't matter to you if you break the CC rules (correcting someone's spelling), nor do you care about other people you may offend in public by the way you dress. Why don't you just come out and say it? It's all about ME, ME, ME! That's so sad. Were you not taught proper manners when you were growing up?

Archived