Best free restaurant for breakfast, lunch, dinner

mlredman2

I haven't been on the Oasis yet, but I've been reading these boards pretty obsessively, and it seems like a lot of people like Johnny Rocket's for breakfast (not a buffet), and almost everyone seems to love Park Cafe for both breakfast and lunch. (I think that's where they have the custom salads, and everyone keeps mentioning the roast beef sandwiches.) Reviews of the Solarium Bistro have been about 50/50; I guess it depends on how important it is to you to have healthy food choices.

Erica

Hi! What is the best free restaurant for breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Were they very crowded? What was the best time to go to beat the crowds? Anyone order room service breakfast? What can you select? Thanks! Lisa :)

We loved the Park Cafe for lunch. The salads were fresh and delicious, the soups wonderful, the roast beef sandwiches superb, and the desserts yummy. The MDR was fine for lunch too when you want something other than soup, salad or sandwich. We didn't particularly like Johnny Rockets for breakfast---too greasy, and tastes like fast food.

I think the foregoing comments are accurate: Johnny Rocket's burgers are outstanding as are their onion rings w/1000 Is. dressing; breakfast is mediocre--McDonald's is better! Park Cafe is remarkably outstanding: custom salads, sandwiches, etc. Also remarkable are the mini-sandwiches and desserts at Mondo Coffee Bar on the Promenade (D-5). Food is free and coffee has a charge. [sailed Oasis Dec. 1-5, 2009]

Park Cafe breakfast was great. English Muffin sandwiches and "build your own" bagel bar. The MDR had a B'fast buffet and there were people posted in the elevator banks to encourage one to go there instead of Windjammer, possibly that was about crowd control. Solarium was pretty bad for breakfast unless you believe that a turkey can produce palatable bacon! So many options was fun!

--------------

Helen

Park Cafe breakfast was great. English Muffin sandwiches and "build your own" bagel bar. The MDR had a B'fast buffet and there were people posted in the elevator banks to encourage one to go there instead of Windjammer, possibly that was about crowd control. Solarium was pretty bad for breakfast unless you believe that a turkey can produce palatable bacon! So many options was fun!

--------------

Helen

Could you also order from a menu in the MDR for breakfast or was it only a buffet? If only buffet could you get eggs cooked to order?

We loved the Park Cafe for lunch. The salads were fresh and delicious, the soups wonderful, the roast beef sandwiches superb, and the desserts yummy. The MDR was fine for lunch too when you want something other than soup, salad or sandwich. We didn't particularly like Johnny Rockets for breakfast---too greasy, and tastes like fast food.

I would agree with the above totally and I would add that we like both the Park Cafe and the solarium Bistro for breakfast too. Did not like the Windjammer for either.

We ate dinner in the main dining room all week and thought it was great. We have gone to the speciality restaurants on other ships and we did not feel it was necessary this time.

Could you also order from a menu in the MDR for breakfast or was it only a buffet? If only buffet could you get eggs cooked to order?

You could also order the usual stuff form the menu--omelettes, pancakes french toast but..boo hoo..no eggs benedict!

great info everyone...Sounds like the Park Cafe is the place to be ....we are going to check it out for sure. Last time we spent most of our time in the windjammer and the MDR. We want to branch out a bit more this time!

Thanks again

Archived