Past Cruiser Benefits

Surf_Chick

Im going on my second P&O cruise in May this year, i think i remember people stating that if you are a past cruiser you get to attend a "special" night... like with the captain or something (that sounds wrong :p) eg. a cocktail evening with other past cruisers?!?!?!?! on sailaway maybe... correct me if im wrong...

can anyone clarify this for me PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

Im going on my second P&O cruise in May this year, i think i remember people stating that if you are a past cruiser you get to attend a "special" night... like with the captain or something (that sounds wrong :p) eg. a cocktail evening with other past cruisers?!?!?!?! on sailaway maybe... correct me if im wrong...

can anyone clarify this for me PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

hello surf,

yes there is a cocktail party with the captain for people that have cruise more then once.

They give out prizes for things like the person who has cruise the most , the oldest, youngest, things like that.

The captain gives a speech and some time they hang around and chat.

when you are down putting money on your cruise card just let them incase they miss you, its all good fun just some thing more to look forward to, you want know when this cocktail party will be till you get your invitaion. ps If P&O have not changed it from when we were last on.

thanks blue diamonds :)

i had one problem, when my travel agent booked the cruise for me i informed him i was a past cruiser and had left my URN number at home, but I gave him all the details that P&O would need to find my URN..... BUT when the booking came through my URN was different to my first one, so concerned i called P&O and my travel agent, and apparently they have just merged the 2 URN numbers now and given me the new one.... so i will DEFINATELY be advising them when i board to double check thats its showing me as a "past cruiser"....

im the only one out of my group that is but thats definately not gonna stop me going to the party :) i wonder if i will be the youngest!!! i doubt it :( im only 23 so i will be among the minority of young ones maybe hehehehehehehehehehe

thanks blue diamonds :)

i had one problem, when my travel agent booked the cruise for me i informed him i was a past cruiser and had left my URN number at home, but I gave him all the details that P&O would need to find my URN..... BUT when the booking came through my URN was different to my first one, so concerned i called P&O and my travel agent, and apparently they have just merged the 2 URN numbers now and given me the new one.... so i will DEFINATELY be advising them when i board to double check thats its showing me as a "past cruiser"....

im the only one out of my group that is but thats definately not gonna stop me going to the party :) i wonder if i will be the youngest!!! i doubt it :( im only 23 so i will be among the minority of young ones maybe hehehehehehehehehehe

lol sorry to say to get to be the youngest you have to beat the children in age wise,

cocktail party is usually in the middle of a cruise - it wont be on sailaway.

Also it only goes for 20 - 30 mins and the free watered down cocktails dissapear in the first 10 minutes.

Usually the captain will say a few words - its pretty low key and easy going.

I think on most cruises the past passengers cocktail get together is usually on a formal night and half an hour before dinner.

I guess this is so people can get pics with the captain in their good clothes!

lol damn i thought kids would be in a different category to the adults lol....

ok, yeah i wouldnt want it to be a long thing as i will be wanting to party on with my friends :) and any free alcohol in just fine by me (watered down or not)... you make it sound so "lame" but im sure i will enjoy it as its not like everyone can go to it :) i like little things like that... makes you feel a little more important!!!!! plus your on holiday RELAX and enjoy whatever happens... :)

I'll just add to what Whoey said.

You will find a form relating to the Captain's Cocktail Party and past cruises in the folder in your cabin. It is A5 size or a bit smaller from memory. Fill this out in the first couple of days and put it in the box near the Purser's Desk. You will have an invitation delivered to your cabin.

At all the past cruiser's parties we have been to (and that's a lot!) we haven't ever seen prizes for the youngest or eldest. A bottle of bubbly is always given to the passenger with the most cruises (usually between 30 and 130!) and the second most. There is also a lucky door prize.

Choose a seat near a walkway and you can easily pick up a few drinks and maybe some nibbles from a passing waiter. If you are in the middle of the throng, the waiters can't easily get to you.

Trust me - you will be bored sh....less.

I will bet you will last 10 mins at most

It's close to a non event these days

My advice - don't waste your time

Haven't bothered with these for the past 6 or 7 years

boring or not, its something i will do at least once.... gotta see it for myself :) and i will take advantage of getting myself as many free drinks as possible LMAO so thanks for the tip of where to sit.... YAY for free stuff......

boring or not, its something i will do at least once.... gotta see it for myself :) and i will take advantage of getting myself as many free drinks as possible LMAO so thanks for the tip of where to sit.... YAY for free stuff......

Go along and enjoy. I am a different age group to you, but I enjoy seeing everyone in their finery and hearing a bit of 'inside goss' from the Captain about P & O ships. As you say, it makes you feel a bit special, and I don't say 'no' to a few free drinks.

I think it just way to make you good for cruising with again, which is fime be me, as you say free drinks watered down or not, its jus some new to do.

We always go, Surf Chick & we don't think it's lame even though we are in our 50s. The best thing we like is that the entertainment staff - Djs, dancers, CD & deputy CD spend a bit of time mingling with the passengers & it's a great chance to really get to know some of them. The male dancers will often ask some of the ladies for a dance & there's generally a live dance band or something. It's short but it's nice.:)

thanks all for the more positive feedback :) nice to hear.... and hrmmmm i wonder if they would get me some sparkling!!! hehehe i love champagne....

and maybe some of the male dancers will be good looking and ill take them up on the offer of a dance haha :P

thanks all for the more positive feedback :) nice to hear.... and hrmmmm i wonder if they would get me some sparkling!!! hehehe i love champagne....

and maybe some of the male dancers will be good looking and ill take them up on the offer of a dance haha :P

Yes - I'm sure they have sparkling.

They always offer

cheap ship champane.....

(try saying that quickly:eek:),

but we always ask if they have a glass

of white wine,

and have always received

one, two, or even three.

Once when I asked if there might a refil,

the waiter said, follow me,

cause if I bring them out on the tray

they will all be taken by the time I get back to where you are:D

• 4 weeks later...

Surf Chick I LOVE your attitude...way to go girl...dont let us older

experienced fuddy duddies rain on your parade...yes the cocktails are watered down and if you have done 120 cruises you probably wont win the cheap sparkly but who cares!

The best way to enjoy your cruise is join in everything!:D

The deck games are particularly fun...put your name down for everything and dont miss a thing.

Hint for the cocktail party, be early, sit near an isle near the bar, grab two drinks (one for a "friend") you probably wont see the waiter again until its over unless you are very pretty in which case you'll be fine:)!

If you are worried about your past cruise not being recogised, I was told to take along my old cruise card, so if you still have your old cruise card, take yours along too in case something goes astray.

Also keep an eye out for an envelope -ask your cabin steward when the invites go out and ask him to let him know if you didn't get one - it's happened to me a couple of times.

Go along and enjoy the party - I think it's nice for the cruise line to give a little back for loyalty

Hi Surf-Chick, we did the Captain's Cocktail Party on the Jewel NYE cruise, we really enjoyed it, our friends, hubby and I had sat right next to the drink table they had set up, needless to say we helped ourselves :eek: plenty of champagne! we arrived sober but walked out pretty intoxicated! :D we did think it was funny and made the most out of the free drinks...in a short time, the girls we were with loved 'playing waitresses'. yeah we were naughty...:p

hahaha im really looking forward to it now :) will defintaely remember to take my old cruise card (i found it the other day)

so if my friends havent cruised before can one come with me, or is it strictly pas cruisers only..... i dont mind, im rather outgoing so would surely meet people haha :)

damn i cant wait, making my final payment on monday, travel insurance all done.... now the countdown and to finish my savings for spending money for all those cocktails im going to drink YAY

Archived