Looks like the welcome aboad champagne will be offered

martinchem

yoyocruiser - You weren't the only person to ask Guest Relations about it on the Jewel. I asked John about it directly and was told it stopped when the Jewel repo'd to Miami. Either way, it was a nice touch that I missed as well. As for the in-room coffee maker, that's a waste for me because I am allergic to coffee!! :eek: Now where's the Green Tea Latte maker?? :D I'm just so green with envy! LOL :rolleyes:

yoyocruiser - You weren't the only person to ask Guest Relations about it on the Jewel. I asked John about it directly and was told it stopped when the Jewel repo'd to Miami. Either way, it was a nice touch that I missed as well. As for the in-room coffee maker, that's a waste for me because I am allergic to coffee!! :eek: Now where's the Green Tea Latte maker?? :D I'm just so green with envy! LOL :rolleyes:

Then John was wrong. The Jewel offered it in mid-December.

Hmm... not that we ever intend to book an inside, window or porthole room....I can't handle the claustrophobic feeling I got in our first cruise in one of them, but I personally think this is a real "turn off". Even a cheap motel has a coffee maker. I mean if they want to really save money then "leave the coffee maker" and eliminate the "coffee".....at least people would have the option of bringing their own and have the coffee maker there to use.

This stinks...totally! :(

Please don't give me that crap about .......there were no coffee makers "in the old days", cause there were non in cheap motels either. It's 2010!

You can order room service 24/7 or request as many cups of coffee as you want delivered to your room in the morning. I do not see how this is a turn off. I personally hate dealing with coffee pots in general. Keep in mind that it has a heating element and unless it is equipped with an automatic shut off feature then it is also a safety hazard as well as just one more thing for the room stewards to fuss with when everyone wants their rooms cleaned but don't want to wait for it.

As for the champagne - again, I do not see the big deal. I was just on the Jewel last week and there was champagne to be had anywhere you went. There was a charge for it, but its a perk. If you want free champagne the murder mystery dinner we attended offered it.

You can order room service 24/7 or request as many cups of coffee as you want delivered to your room in the morning. I do not see how this is a turn off

Perhaps some folks (myself included) don't relish the idea of having to do that and the associated tips that go along with it. They got used to what NCL used to include for the price and now don't?

Perhaps some folks (myself included) don't relish the idea of having to do that and the associated tips that go along with it. They got used to what NCL used to include for the price and now don't?

So run up to the buffet and get a cup of coffee there. No tip required.

So run up to the buffet and get a cup of coffee there. No tip required

Kind of loses the "handy" factor. I know you don't care about the loss but many did get used to it.

Unfortunately I got used to the high end Lavazza machines in the suite last year - It was my consolation that my OV room this year would have a basic coffee maker at least.... but No!

" Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! "

Not a historian but I always thought that was the Japanese who did that. The Germans were too busy bombing the hell out of the British Isles.

It's time to get over this, people. The masses have spoken and they've told NCL that the welcome glass of champagne is NOT IMPORTANT.

Like every other business in the current economy, NCL has looked for ways to cut expenses, and the champagne lost. It's as simple as that. Can we move on now?

I am not one of the masses and I am going to speak and say that actually it is important to me. I liked it and I am disapointed it has gone. I also like the the robes and coffee makers and will say that they are important to me. However, we usually book a balcony so will maybe still get a coffee maker.

I am somewhat annoyed about the withdrawal of the tiny little, insignificant to the masses, extras but that is just me. I could say that all these things were available and advertised to me when I booked in July 2009 and as such should still be available to me since I believed these things were included in my cruise fare. Others will say that the cruise contract gives them the right to do as they please and if you want it you can pay for it. Fair enough but at what point does this all stop? If I wanted easycruise I would have booked easycruise. Will any of this spoil my cruise, no way, not given I survived a heart attack 2 weeks ago and am paying £270 for 2 weeks insurance just to cover any possible medical issues that my consultant says are unlikely to occur but will I be slightly disgruntled and feel a little miffed. Yes.

Did anyone ask if the coffee makers would be on a request only basis? What are they going to do with all those coffee makers anyway?

A friend of mine was on the Spirit a couple weeks ago; when they asked for a coffee pot, it was brought to them (inside cabin).

Not a historian but I always thought that was the Japanese who did that. The Germans were too busy bombing the hell out of the British Isles.

In the Movie that is quoted, the character blames it on the Krauts. I doubt that anyone here doesn't know the right answer. I would add a comment but I'll leave politics out of it.

In the Movie that is quoted, the character blames it on the Krauts. I doubt that anyone here doesn't know the right answer. I would add a comment but I'll leave politics out of it.

At this point, all I can say is "British can read. What good has it done them?":D

(A line from another movie)

" Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! "

Absolutely. I speak nothing but the truth.:D I didn't waste my 8 years in college.;)

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1960484520071219

I can see it from my window :)

Archived