Alcohol in luggage

ajl5102

I know that with the new travel restrictions you cannot carry on liquids on the airplane, but can you put a few bottles of liquor in your checked bags? I was hoping to do this but worried that they may screen my bags additionally and then miss the flight. Has anyone packed liquor bottles in their checked bags on flights?

Thanks in advance!

When we know we will be purchasing liquor we carry styrofoam containers, heavy duty plastic bags and duct tape. One reason we carry the containers is so that we know just how much space we need.

We also carry a scale to avoid the dreaded overweight luggage fees.

Many shops in the Caribbean carry packing cushions for a nominal fee. We have found that the generic cardboard carry box is not sufficient protection.

we have stopped buying liquor on cruises when we have to fly home...there really are two reasons...one is the weight thing...the other is that with how the bags get tossed around it seems awfully risky...and I dont want everything to end up smelling like rum after a flight

• 2 weeks later...
we have stopped buying liquor on cruises when we have to fly home...there really are two reasons...one is the weight thing...the other is that with how the bags get tossed around it seems awfully risky...and I dont want everything to end up smelling like rum after a flight

My 3 litre made it home safely. :D

IMG_4952.jpg.e4aef157d37da534b4038f97802e1fdc.jpg

I know that with the new travel restrictions you cannot carry on liquids on the airplane, but can you put a few bottles of liquor in your checked bags? I was hoping to do this but worried that they may screen my bags additionally and then miss the flight. Has anyone packed liquor bottles in their checked bags on flights?

Thanks in advance!

I wrap all my alcohol in a cheap towel in the middle of all my clothes and so far it's worked at keeping everything intact.

I take some bubble wrap in the outer pouches of my luggage that I would not normally use when flying. I use what I need to fly home, for liquor or other breakables, and either leave the rest or put it back into the outer pouch. When I pack at home I allow for the fact that I may have liquor flying back so I stay below the weight limit.

Mary Lou

Archived