LIVE From The Oasis of the Seas!

Trainman, I just want to add my name to the Cheerleaders List. You are doing such a great job (and service) of sending photos and sharing experiences. I suspect it takes the cruise experience to another level for you. Purpose is always fulfilling (to me, at least). I hope you and Carol have a great time and some good smokes :D I'll be on the Oasis this Saturday--wish it would have been this week so we could have met!

Trainman ~ Thanx for posting this, you are amazing!!!!

I'm not going till October but I can't wait for summer to be over, ooops did I say that:eek:

As for the peoples that do not have any respect for those with Mobility Issues, just remember "What goes around, Comes around!" Unfortunately someday they will understand:rolleyes:

Thanks Again, Happy Sailing!:D:D

We had a great Meet & Mingle today. Minimal mingling though. Most people sat in small groups. I wandered around and introduced myself to lots of folks.

DSCN9956.jpg

DSCN9957.jpg

DSCN9958.jpg

Hello, the last picture with the man with the white clothes and the women with the pink shirt and black shorts. We met them on Celebrity Equinox (January 4, 2010 sailing), NO JOKE! His name was Lysle, he was the most friendliest guy ever. He told us that he was doing a back to back. He did Equinox for 11 nights then stayed at a 5 star hotel then oasis. He is from England. We said bye to him on January 15, 2010 on Celebrity Equinox. :( He is a very very nice guy. He told us that he booked Oasis 3 more times and Equinox 10 night cruise again.

It's so hard to believe that this is a CRUISE SHIP!

It's so gorgeous and life-like and detailed.

I think I'm in love.

Mark said he won't take me on it now because I'd make him broke in the Coach store...

So much for our honeymoon plans. :)

Trainman- I was on the Mariner with you in June of 2007 right before your son went to basic. I have some photos of him, if you or Carol are interested :) I hope he is doing well. Thank you so much for the review.

First let me say ADD me to your fan club. Second think about getting Carol one of those electric scooters, And add a horn to it, so when the rude people try shoving their way around she can blow the horn, scare the crap out of them, I met a elder couple last year and she used one especially going long distances. Just a thought.;)

Trainman2 Thank you for the wonderful pictures and info. I will be on the Feb20 cruise and when I saw your first pictures posted I thought great I can get all my questions answered. Because of a problem with my leg I am thinking of using a walker like yours with a seat. My husband pulls me when I have a long distance to travel. How hard will this be, we are on deck 12 do the rugs have deep pile getting to the different areas, theather etc. We are at the aft part of the ship so I don't think the pool and windjammer and dinning room will be a problem hope I can walk it, hope by the cruise my problem will be gone. They have been telling me it will get better for weeks.

Really enjoyed your posting which I found by accident since it's not on the Oasis thread. I knew the ship was something else but your pictures have proven it, can't wait to get on her. Will be watching for your future posts of other cruises you will be taking. Thanks again and keeping watching out for Carol I am sure she knows what a great husband she has.

We had our concerns about the size and the number of passengers but decided to give it a try.

The only "bad thing" for us is that we have to drive south to Fort Lauderdale and spend the night before the cruise somewhere.

We love the ship.

There are plenty of places for us to smoke (Ugh POOH :eek:) and I make a point to talk with the "evil" Non-Smokers and everyone I have talked with so far is happy and content with the smoking - non-smoking arrangements.

There is so much to do on this ship that we will never do it all nor are we likely to see everything.

We are not late people and normally hit the bed between 9 and 10 pm so we haven't done any shows yet. We are going to try to do some.

Without a doubt, this is the Best RCI Ship we have been on!

Really enjoying everything so far --and we were just on the ship. Your pictures are soooooo much better than mine!!!

If you are going to see a show--SEE HAIRSPRAY! I think there was one at 5:30 on our cruise. We saw it twice!

As soon as I saw the first photo of you and your lovely wife at check-in, I knew this thread was going to be a treat, and I was right! You both look so delightful.

I pretty much have zero interest in Oasis, but the photos are WONDERFUL and all the info you're providing is making me wonder if maybe down the line, Oasis will be in my future. Central Park is beautiful! But it doesn't look at all like a ship, which is kind of missing the point, for me at least.

In any case, I can't wait to read more about your trip and I hope you and Carol have a wonderful time!

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks for all of the great comments. You have probably figured out that I enjoy doing this.

Today is Day 4 - St. Thomas. US Virgin Islands

It is about 4:30 am here, Carol is in bed sound asleep and I am posting from the "Little Desk" in the cabin by the light of the bathroom with the door partly open.

I have been having some problems with Outlook on my PC and was unable to send or receive email. Yesterday the Ships IT folks tried to fix it for me. I can now receive email but I still cannot send. Three Good Folks who tried their best!

We are really Mad at Verizon Wireless!

We used to be with Alltel and never had a problem with our cell phones working on RCI Ships. When Verizon bought our Alltel they put some kind of "HEX" on our phones. They didn't work on the Freedom and after making a big stink, the swore they would work on Oasis, and even charges me a bit more for International Calling to guarantee that they would work.

Guess What, They Lied! The phones don't work!

Maybe it is time for a new cell phone carrier when we get home.

Yesterday Carol and I had lunch in the Solarium Bistro. I seems to have an Asian Flair and, although limited in selections, was pretty good.

DSCN0097.jpg

DSCN0096.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg

The Gazpacho was Superb! There was a giant bowl of what looked like Seafood Sauce and then lots of smaller bowl of various shopped up things to add. Once I figured it out it was great. As good as any I have ever had and maybe better!

NO extra charge but get there early to be sure of a table!

The Big Change In The Main Dining Room was confirmed last night!

No more plates! The main courses come in large shallow bowls now!

Three nights in a row of bowls and talking with the wait staff confirms it. I guess this is the big new thing in restaurant operations.

Anyway, last night Carol had the Sirloin Steak from the alternative menu and I ordered the Fillet from CHOPS. Both were excellent! RCI should drop the price down to about $7 and they would sell a lot more of the CHOPS Fillets.

DSCN0102.jpg

DSCN0101.jpg

I learned yesterday from the IT folks that the RCI Systems have "blockers" that prohibit streaming video.

This is why I can't do multiple photo uploads to PhotoBucket. It also caused the PhotoBucket page to "bonk out" regularly but am able to get back to it easily and with a minimum delay.

Archived