LIVE From The Oasis of the Seas!

There was a single $8.95 cover charge for the two of us.

That's odd. I thought it was $8.95 pp. I wonder if they are doing a first night special.

Chocolates look yummy....but I wish they were dark chocolate--I'll be fighting with the husband.

Trainman-

Thanks for this review. I'll be following it intently since I'll be sailing on the Oasis in June. Great stuff so far. I have to laugh at the "rude kids" stuff because it bugs the heck out of me too. I was the same age as those kids 10 to 20 years ago and I wouldn't have thought about acting that way. As for that towel animal, I believe it's supposed to be a dog. Have fun!

Trainman-2, I just happened on to your posting yesterday and have enjoyed your descriptions and pictures very much. I have to tell you that when I saw Carol's plate of mashed potatoes and gravy, I thought, Yumm. The very first thing I look for on the lido lunch, when my husband and I first get onboard is the mashed taters and gravy. :) Tell Carol to load them up with butter and that will give her some extra calories!

My husband would like to cruise the Oasis, but I have told him, since I'm the cruise planner in this family, we won't be going on the behemoth any time soon. We sailed the Mariner of the Seas last June and I even thought it was a tad bit too big for my tastes.

I have to say that I enjoy you not being afraid to mention the smoking sections, because we are also both smokers and the sections have dwindled quite a bit since we started cruising 20 years ago.

Thanks much for taking the time to post what you see and do on this cruise. Even though I think the Oasis is too big for my liking, I really enjoy hearing what others, such as you and Carol like and don't like about it.

Trainman-2 - great to hear from you but seriously - it is a HUGE ship with lots to explore, you are with DW and you should not be in the internet room. Post when you get home. Go enjoy every minute of this new fantastic ship. Don't stay inside on the computer! Can't wait to read your posts once you come back - I'm jealous - great ship that some day I may afford. Enjoy:D

WE had our first Towel Animal tonight. We are not sure what it is. It looks exactly like a Sphinx!

Note Dove Milk Chocolates include in the photo just before I ate them!

LOL.

Love your review - I can't wait to read more. Your pictures are beautiful....

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for your Live Review. It's much appreciated. Great photos!

Formal night tonight.....Where did people go to Meet The Captain? Did the Master have a Capain's Party? Did you see a lot of people 'dressed' or not so many?

What dinner seating do you have? Or are you doing My Time Dining?

Thanks again. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you Trainman for doing this review. DH and I are going on the Oasis in June. Love the pictures you are posting and now I am getting even more excited to go.

Enjoy your cruise and you're a wonderful husband for taking such good care of Carol. I hope she will get her strength back soon. My mother-in-law is a 34 year breast cancer survivor and I remember when she went through it, she often felt very weak. Just relax and enjoy each other.

Just popping in again to say THANKS AGAIN for doing this for us! I am in major post cruise depression since being home from the Freedom. :( Your LIVE report from Oasis is helping my mood tremendously!!! We are planning a cruise on her for next year!

WE had our first Towel Animal tonight. We are not sure what it is. It looks exactly like a Sphinx!

Note Dove Milk Chocolates include in the photo just before I ate them!

DSCN9982.jpg

Really enjoying your entire review--fabulous pictures!!!! We were on the 1/2/10 sailing in 6601 and I agree this is a great deck to be on. Close to everything. I recognize the towel animal. Is your room atttendant Donna? She may be closer to the front of the ship. If you pass her at all please say hello from Gina, Danny and Natalie! She was wonderful.

Keep everything coming, but please enjoy yourselves too. You sound like two wonderful courageous people!

Today's nominees for "Rudest Kids" in the Windjammer while Mom looked on.

Screaming, running around, yelling, beating on the windows.

DSCN9963.jpg

despite the bad kids that is an awsome view, u can kinda see the curve of the earth.

I'm sure you will find other spots for morning coffee as well as the week goes on. One of our favorites was the Park Cafe, and of course there is also the donut shop on Boardwalk, or Mondo Coffee Bar on the Royal Promenade.:)

When I am looking for "Morning Coffee" it is 3:30-4:30 am :eek: and the only choice I have found is the Cafe Prominade!

By 7:00 am when "Regular Folks" are looking for morning coffee there are lots of choices.

Archived