Attention Night Owls & Late Sleepers!

View The Photos Below At Your Own Risk!

You Have Been Warned!

They May Be Offensive To Your Eyes!

CAUTION - CAUTION - CAUTION

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg

DSCN0028.jpg

I really enjoy the sunrises from our Balcony. Of course, Carol never gets to see them.

What a great thread and the pictures are awesome thanks Trainman!

Is deck 6 close to everything and easy to get around? I can't wait to keep reading your updates and I hope you and Trainmom continue to have a wonderful cruise! :)

If you like a balcony and watching and listening to the waves, Deck 6 is the best!

Our Cabin, No 6672, is only one cabin away from the entrance to the aft Elevator area and access to the Promenade, one deck down, or the Windjammer way up there above us.

Trainman I am enjoying this immensely. Can't wait for your next pictures. What I would like to know is how you get your pictures to come up so big in the post instead of little pixs that you have to click on to make bigger? I think I am doing it wrong. Let me know when you get home.

I host my photos on PhotoBucket and pay a small annual fee ($25 I think for extra storage and access)

Under each photo is what they call the "Image Code" which puts an Image Tag before and after the actual URL for each photo.

That is what I use. I copy the URL with the Image Code on each end of it and past it into the CC Thread.

Hello, Trainman, thank you so much for doing this. We are going in June and this is amazing. Is it hard to get reservations at the shows you want? Are the places that they say are complimetary really free, i.e. Johnny Rockets for breakfast? Can you make reservations for that, do they sing? Sorry I have so many questions and am so excited!

Johnny Rockets is definitely FREE for Breakfast but is first come first served.

The early birds get seated immediately. Later in the morning you have to wait in line.

I don't know trainman....i was really NOT into Oasis at all, but you're thread and photos have me intrigued.....

Ah well......it leaves from Fla and we aren't flying...so....

Thanks for taking so much time out to do this for us!

Enjoy!

We had our concerns about the size and the number of passengers but decided to give it a try.

The only "bad thing" for us is that we have to drive south to Fort Lauderdale and spend the night before the cruise somewhere.

We love the ship.

There are plenty of places for us to smoke (Ugh POOH :eek:) and I make a point to talk with the "evil" Non-Smokers and everyone I have talked with so far is happy and content with the smoking - non-smoking arrangements.

There is so much to do on this ship that we will never do it all nor are we likely to see everything.

We are not late people and normally hit the bed between 9 and 10 pm so we haven't done any shows yet. We are going to try to do some.

Without a doubt, this is the Best RCI Ship we have been on!

Trainman-2 - great to hear from you but seriously - it is a HUGE ship with lots to explore, you are with DW and you should not be in the internet room. Post when you get home. Go enjoy every minute of this new fantastic ship. Don't stay inside on the computer! Can't wait to read your posts once you come back - I'm jealous - great ship that some day I may afford. Enjoy:D

Actually, things work well for us.

I am an early riser (3-4 am) and Carol Sleeps late. I am posting now from our Cabin. Carol is asleep and the cabin is dark but I have the door to the bathroom open a bit and the light on in there which gives me just enough light to see the Keyboard.

I already did my exploration of the Royal Promenade this morning, uploaded, and posted the photos while Carol slept.

It is almost 7:00 am and I am about to head up to the Windjammer for breakfast. I will wake Carol and tell her I am off to breakfast as I leave. She will lay in bed until I return with coffee, a Sourdough Roll, Butter, and some crisp bacon for her. Only then will she actually get up and go out on the balcony.

While she is waking up and showering and getting dressed and all of the other things women do in the mornings I will explore and photograph Central Park and the Pool Deck.

I will be back in the Cabin around 9 am and take my shower and by 10 am, Carol and I will be off to do whatever.

This is working out well for us!

We had our concerns about the size and the number of passengers but decided to give it a try.

The only "bad thing" for us is that we have to drive south to Fort Lauderdale and spend the night before the cruise somewhere.

We love the ship.

There are plenty of places for us to smoke (Ugh POOH :eek:) and I make a point to talk with the "evil" Non-Smokers and everyone I have talked with so far is happy and content with the smoking - non-smoking arrangements.

There is so much to do on this ship that we will never do it all nor are we likely to see everything.

We are not late people and normally hit the bed between 9 and 10 pm so we haven't done any shows yet. We are going to try to do some.

Without a doubt, this is the Best RCI Ship we have been on!

Having sailed the Oasis on the Dec 5th Inaugural we have to agree with you. We were so surprised to find the open feeling of the ship. Everything is so big that there are so many places for people to go it didn't feel crowded (even the elevators that were always there for you and larger than on any other ship). We were on a week and didn't see everything so have to go back on the ALLURE next Dec 12th.

The only thing that I like on the Freedom class ships better is the Diamond Club. The one on the Oasis is so dark and small, like an after thought. The cappuccino machine is there though so all is good. We do not drink alcohol though so do not partake in the evening get together in another area. Enjoy the WOW ship.

Miles and Irene

I don't know trainman....i was really NOT into Oasis at all, but you're thread and photos have me intrigued.....

Ah well......it leaves from Fla and we aren't flying...so....

Thanks for taking so much time out to do this for us!

Enjoy!

And I am feeling the same as you. I didn't think I would be into this ship at all but.....

Trainman,

You and I obviously keep the same hours when we are aboard ships. People look at my pictures and often ask if there were any other people on the ship! We both seem to know what hours we can have the place to ourselves and our cameras.... no matter how big the ship is.;)

Trainman, best live thread anyone has ever done. I like you are also an early riser. Love to go out on the balcony before sunrise and sit and wait. Hope your having a wonderful time. Your an awesome husband for looking after your wife the way you do, you remind me of my dad.

deb

So I was deliberately ignoring this thread, no intention or EVER going on Oasis, until I noticed who was posting!!

So good to see you guys on CC again. Your food pics are still doing my head in they are soooooo good. you have a really relaxed style of writing, getting to the point yet being descriptive and evocative as well. I love it.

Of course RCI should pay your internet charges. You are doing a far better job of advertising the Oasis than they are!:D

Nifty Elevator Info...

When the elevator arrives if it is going up the arrow and the light above it lights up Green. If it is going down, the arrow and light are red.

DSCN0057.jpg

Either way, Move Fast, These elevators don't wait for slow folks!

So good to see you guys on CC again. Your food pics are still doing my head in they are soooooo good. you have a really relaxed style of writing, getting to the point yet being descriptive and evocative as well. I love it.

Of course RCI should pay your internet charges. You are doing a far better job of advertising the Oasis than they are!:D

Could not agree more with this statement. This is the kind of review and pictures that I was hoping RCI would release when the ship was introduced. RCI doesn't even have the 360 view of the cabins available for this ship on their website, almost 2 months after the ship's release !!

Great job Trainman. I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this thread !!:D

Maybe RCI will read the thread, like it, and credit me my internet charges.

And then again, maybe not... :D

This has indeed been the best thread I have ever read,We are sailing this weekend and of coarse we are excited but your thread has lifted that excitment to a all time hi.I also wake up around 4 am even if I go to bed at 1 am ,its the body clock.I always find this is the best time to take pictures and yours are awesome.keep up the good work im sitting on the edge of my seat as are many others,and yes I think RCCL Should pay your internet charges,you are doing a better job than they do.Have the best cruise ever and savor every moment with your DW she looks like a lovley lady.

What I would like to know is how you get your pictures to come up so big in the post instead of little pixs that you have to click on to make bigger? I think I am doing it wrong. Let me know when you get home.

The way your'e doing it is the correct way. If you upload large photos then every one of the large pics are loaded into your pc memory and your pc runs slower. But if you load the small thumbs the pc uploads less and your pc runs better.

This morning while Carol was sipping her coffee and waking up on our Balcony, I wandered through Central Park. The menus were hard to photograph because of the glare. I hope you can read them.

Enjoy the Random Photos...

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg

DSCN0040.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

DSCN0043.jpg

WOW!!!!

Like a lot of other folks, I was going to wait a few years before trying the Oasis.......now I am not so sure!!!! :p

The ship looks amazing!!!!:)

Trainman - you should most definitely be credited back your internet charges!!!! You are single handedly changing people's minds about sailing the Oasis - there has to be some reward for THAT! ;)

Have fun today!

Archived