LIVE From The Oasis of the Seas!

Seriously, you are making me salivate. Not to rush your week, but is it Saturday yet?

I'm with you! :):D

Trainman...great thread..thanks! :) I have a question....IIRC, the Aquatheater pool was supposed to be open for passenger use druing the day. Have you seen this to be the case?

nice shots,WE are booked for 2010, nov 13th, we can hardly wait to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary on such a grand ship on the oasis of the seas,we were on a disney cruise this past dec. when the oasis pulled into Nassau,it must of been the first time there because they gave her one heck of a welcome,despite all the rain the band played on.:)

wow trainman, thank you so much for posting your photos and sharring them with everyone, your pictures are really great,maybe someday our paths will cross on a cruise, and if they do, it will be my honor to buy you and your wife a drink. :)

Trainman - thanks for the wonderful review. Keep up the good work. I must admit that I am a Carnival Cheerleader. We have done Royal 2 times, but just preferred Carnival. I must admit, RCCL did the ship right and I will definitely try the Oasis before I try the Dream. That alone should get you your Internet fees back.

If you like a balcony and watching and listening to the waves, Deck 6 is the best!

Our Cabin, No 6672, is only one cabin away from the entrance to the aft Elevator area and access to the Promenade, one deck down, or the Windjammer way up there above us.

Im in 6288 next month!!! I didn't realize that the Promenade was on level 6 :) This is our first balcony also..I know I will be a balcony snob after this one :)

Oh wait..I just re-read what you said...the promenade is one deck down..still awesome!

There are plenty of places for us to smoke (Ugh POOH :eek:) and I make a point to talk with the "evil" Non-Smokers and everyone I have talked with so far is happy and content with the smoking - non-smoking arrangements.

Please can you list exactly where you can smoke on board, which bars, which decks etc as we are always being asked that in our agency!

Trainman & Trainmom,

I've followed your posts and the pictures more than you can imagine. RCCL should hire you as a Human Interest spokesman. I will continue to follow your progress and look forward to your next cruise. Take care of both of you and keep up the good work.

Thanks again

Im in 6288 next month!!! I didn't realize that the Promenade was on level 6 :) This is our first balcony also..I know I will be a balcony snob after this one :)

Oh wait..I just re-read what you said...the promenade is one deck down..still awesome!

Ok...it's early and Im not awake..thought I was on your Freedom of the Seas "live" review..LOL...I am on the Freedom next month, not the Oasis..although I wish I were on the Oasis now!!! Anyway, please excuse me this morning! I am loving your review and even though I am on a different ship, I am way excited!!

Are you sure you are on a full ship???? Where are the people by the pool??? Were the shots taken very early in the morning?

Thanks for these incredible shots!!!!.....and yes, RCI should pay you back for the internet charges :D

We worried about the Freedom with 4,500 passengers and the Oasis with 6,296.

The interesting thing is that the passengers are never all in the same place at the same time.

There are a few expansion joints or transitions on the decks that will stop Carol's walker because she leans forward into in and puts a lot of weight on the front wheels.

Most of our moving around the ship is by using or canes and stopping to sit and rest a lot!

In the Solarium this morning we came to a narrow place between two rows of deck chairs. It was clearly too narrow for two people to pass! I was already through and stepped to the side to allow Carol to come up behind me. Two couples coming toward us stepped to the other side to allow Carol to pass through. Just as Carol was in the middle, two adults (40ish) shoved their way past me and almost caused Carol to fall.

It was clear that they thought they were more important than anyone else in the area and deserved to not be delayed by slow people like Carol.

One of the ladies called them a name which decorum prohibits me from posting here. The other one told Carol she should have hit them with her cane.

The key point is that the ship is well designed and never appears crowded!

We have no trouble getting around using our canes, except for the occasional rude-nicks!

Please can you list exactly where you can smoke on board, which bars, which decks etc as we are always being asked that in our agency!

I will have to make a list! The ship does not have one! I already asked!

I will make it and I will post it!

It may be at the end or post cruise, watch for it!

Trainman,

thank you VERY much for you live review! My dh and I are doing a b2b in the Fall and looking @ these picture's October cannot come soon enough-!!

I do have a question- maybe it has been answered somewhere else- using the keyboard in your cabin you are able to access the internet. The only time I would do that is to "check in " for our airline tickets- but I like to print out boarding pass- would I be able to print them say to guest relations desk?

Again thank you for your great review!!!!

Kathyr

Thanks for the great posts and pictures. I am going on my first cruise in February. I am sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas and am so excited. Even though its not the same class of ship it is still interesting to see the pictures.

I hope the lady with the bratty kids logs on and sees herself. Maybe she will control them next time. lol :D

We worried about the Freedom with 4,500 passengers and the Oasis with 6,296.

The interesting thing is that the passengers are never all in the same place at the same time.

There are a few expansion joints or transitions on the decks that will stop Carol's walker because she leans forward into in and puts a lot of weight on the front wheels.

Most of our moving around the ship is by using or canes and stopping to sit and rest a lot!

In the Solarium this morning we came to a narrow place between two rows of deck chairs. It was clearly too narrow for two people to pass! I was already through and stepped to the side to allow Carol to come up behind me. Two couples coming toward us stepped to the other side to allow Carol to pass through. Just as Carol was in the middle, two adults (40ish) shoved their way past me and almost caused Carol to fall.

It was clear that they thought they were more important than anyone else in the area and deserved to not be delayed by slow people like Carol.

One of the ladies called them a name which decorum prohibits me from posting here. The other one told Carol she should have hit them with her cane.

The key point is that the ship is well designed and never appears crowded!

We have no trouble getting around using our canes, except for the occasional rude-nicks!

I just can't believe that some people can be so rude. Heaven help them if they ever have a mobility issue.

It's great to read your "live" post. We met you and Carol in the concierge lounge on the Jewel Panama cruise in Nov. 08. Glad to see you and Carol are enjoying the Oasis! Keep up the great work! :D Enjoy the rest of the week on the beautiful Oasis. I love all the greenery in the boardwalk area.

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I started reading your post yesterday and couldn't wait to come back and see more pics and more info!!!!!

I'm probably one of the few people who LOVE large ships. I was on the Voyager of the Seas last September and the Radiance of the Seas in January, guess which ship I loved more?

Thank you so much for posting all the restaurant choices. I'm picky about my food and have a problem with all the salt that some places use. I'm glad to see that there are some 'healthy' alternatives on the ship.

I hope you and your wife enjoy your vacation as much as I have loved reading it. It's almost like being there. I, hopefully, will be making reservations for a cruise next winter. I'm going to cut back on all my spending just to be able to afford this cruise.

HAPPY SAILING TO YOU AND YOUR WIFE!!!!! <3

Laurie

Archived