Cheapest cruise that can sleep 6

flwrlover1

Hello all... I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction since the online travel sites will not let me enter in 2 adults + 4 children. We are hoping to get pricing information for a family room (does not need to be a suite) that can sleep 6 individuals instead of reserving 2 separate rooms. (We're hoping to save a few $ this way.)

Price is important to us, so we're trying to find the best rates out there. Any previous cruisers who can give recommendations on where to find a good deal for a large family? Are there any websites out there that won't limit you to 4-5 passengers per stateroom? Any cruise lines that don't limit the number of "free" children who can sail with paying adults?

Thx!

I'm not sure many (if any!) cabins on any ships (except, perhaps, Disney) will sleep that many...most regular cabins hold 4 max. The other option is a suite of some sort.

Price 2 interior cabins....they are the cheapest, and you will be HAPPY to have the space! Ship cabins are nowhere NEAR as large as a hotel room....

Just call the lines you're interested in....you don't have to book, but they can immediately give you prices on several different kinds of accomodations. Sure beats trying to do it online....and most online sites won't allow you to book that many in one room online, anyway!

Use the phone! Grab a cup of coffee and a notepad and start comparing!

I just want crazy looking for a cabin for five and had to call everyone!! Their are cabins that hold up to eight on RCCL but you gonna pay more for a suite. On ncl it's a suite too. It might be cheaper to do two interior cabins. Must websites don't give prices for more than four people. So I look for cheap interior prices , then I check for 4 people. If you go to a site that tells you what 3/4 person pays, you can figure it out. you can do three and three. Thats what I would do.I have priced suites for 5 and its always cheaper to do two room. Sometimes by alittle and sometimes by alot. I hope I helped.

Thanks everyone, you are definitely helping us sort it all out. Our family was 1/2 the size the last time we cruised!

We've been running across so many Cruise ads recently that say "children sail free in the same stateroom" (MSC, Disney and a couple of others) that we were thinking we might be better off to purchase a suite for him and I and let the kids ride along for free, especially if it meant being able to travel further out than the Caribbean. We just couldn't find any documentation that said whether or not those promotions were limited to a specific number of little ones.

Most of those ads will say 'Kids sail free' , and in tiny print *with two paying adults in the same cabin. So, you could put two kids and two adults in one cabin, but end up paying full for the other two in the second cabin. Putting one adult in each cabin wouldn't get you the special rate for all kids. EM

We are a family of 6 and I have priced all cruise lines and different cabin options. Since cost is a factor, I usually book 2 rooms. I have the teens in one room next to us and the younger kids in our room. The family suites were a lot more money than 2 inside cabins. Kids sail free doesnt work with a family our size unless we bring grandma and grandpa to share the other room with the kids. We have always enjoyed having the 2 rooms and the extra bathroom is definitely worth it! I'm sure your family will enjoy it's cruise.

When we were planning our cruise last year with a total of 13 of us, I looked into booking a suite and splitting the costs evenly among five or six of us, but it was still much less to just book our own cabins. The only way a cabin can accommodate that many people is if it's big enough - and the only cabins that are big enough are suites, which means that they're more expensive as well. The cost for just one of the first two passengers in a suite is often more than the cost of an inside or OV cabin would be for both of them.

The two bathroom thing is also a VERY important consideration. I regularly share the bathroom with two others, and when my mom is along we make one work for four... but six? Imagine how early you'd have to get up on a port day to get everyone through the bathroom and out the door! :eek:

Hello all... I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction since the online travel sites will not let me enter in 2 adults + 4 children. We are hoping to get pricing information for a family room (does not need to be a suite) that can sleep 6 individuals instead of reserving 2 separate rooms. (We're hoping to save a few $ this way.)

Price is important to us, so we're trying to find the best rates out there. Any previous cruisers who can give recommendations on where to find a good deal for a large family? Are there any websites out there that won't limit you to 4-5 passengers per stateroom? Any cruise lines that don't limit the number of "free" children who can sail with paying adults?

Thx!

The only non suites that sleep six that I know of are on Royal Caribbean. There is a family inside, a family ocean view and on the Freedom class there is a family promenade view.

However, you will either have to deal with a travel agent or call Royal Caribbean directly. Online pricing is limited to four per cabin.

For my oct Liberty of the Seas cruise, I priced out a family inside stateroom and that was more than 2 insides. 2 inside adjoining staterooms seem to be the most economical. Some people splurge and do a balcony and an inside. All depends on your budget and where you want to spend your money. Comfort of a balcony or more on excursions.

We are a family of 5 (2 adults 3 kids) and had a family oceanview on Explorer last Feb it was plenty big enough for us we hardly used the extra bedroom with bunk beds except for the suitcases the kids all slept on the sofa bed as there was a tv in the lounge area! Only down side was it is at the very front of the ship and you can feel every movement!

We are cruising again in a couple of weeks and we have chosen a Family Promenade cabin on Freedom.

We had to go through a travel agent as nothing here in the UK will let you book for more than 4!

Archived