WHO was your FAVORITE waiter in MDR?

Cardancer4

All were wonderful but Alex on the Sensation May 13 was incredible.

It was a table of 6 women (my sister and I, a mother and grown daughter, and two friends) all over 45 and he had us laughing like teenagers.

He did tricks with the silverware, force-fed me chocolate melting cake (ok, I didn't resist very hard but the photo is priceless), made my sister blush several times (which always makes me happy).

I tried to talk him into coming home with me but he says he doesn't serve at home...

Oh yeah, and he did his job perfectly too...

We had the most fatastic waiter last year on the Conquest. His name was Witch. We had our 1 year old son Carson with us. After long funfilled days Carson would a little rambunctious by dinner. Witch would pick up Carson and carry him around so my wife and I could enjoy our dinner. By the end of the week, Witch was part of the family!

THANK YOU WITCH!

Ours was a young man named Hervoia(Sp?) from Croatia. He was on the Celebration, so you know that was a while back. It was my daughters first cruise. He made them feel like princesses every night. The kicker was when he asked our 9 year old if he waited until she was old enough would she marry him. We will remember him as long as we live. The smile he put on her face was priceless. We look for him on each cruise since but have never spotted him.

Kanya and Imade on the Conquest (December 09) were AMAZING!!! In addition to the great service we got in the MDR Kanya would find us in the Lido deck buffet and do special things for us, particularly the kids. One of our best cruise souvenirs are the 3 napkin animals she made for us, a duck and 2 bunnies. She actually set out to find us the last morning to say goodbye (this was when we acquired the 3rd napkin animal). These are proudly displayed in our living room and are a great reminder of Kanya and Imade.

Edited by cjkbleonard

Without a Doubt The Award Goes to:

Hugo from Peru and Budy from Indonesia on the Conquest July 09.

They worked together like clockwork, they had everything down pat. They cut up the kids food, knew what the picky ones wanted and oh did they keep us entertained. When it was time for dessert Budy would tell us it was "Time for Yummy Tummy" We still use this phrase and it brings back the memories. We would love to see them again, is there any way to know where they are now? Oh did I mention how cute Hugo was, especially when he danced at night:p

Oscar Lopez from the Dream. Had Oscar both on April sailing and requested him for the July 3rd sailing we just returned on. Exceptional! Great personality, fun, professional and never had to ask for anything! Definitely at the top where waiters are concerned! Been with Carnival for 18 years! Great guy and great with kids! Sadly, he is leaving the Dream this week and not sure which ship he will be relocated to. I guess I'll have to wait till October to find out.

We have had very good waiters on all Carnival cruises, but were especially happy with Hendra on the Pride last Oct. He was very accomodating between our toddler's preferences, as well as our enjoyment of trying different items as well as multiple entrees. Always accurate and fast. He was very friendly and gave outstanding service, and just so very sweet to our daughter - making her origami bird, hat etc. Always something special. She started off very shy toward him but at then end hugged him!

Rochna on the Liberty in 2007. She was the best. We still talk about her to this day.

Yucco on the Liberty in 2009. This was the first time we tired YTD and we lucked out and got him on the first night. We asked for him every night after that:D.

Edited by PittsburghGirlee

Anong from Indonesia, on the Freedom June 2010 in the Chic Dining Room. He knew our names by the end of the first night, if we wanted tea, coffee, etc... He was great with the teenagers in our group. We have fun pictures of our kids with him, and he made our dinners alot of fun! They exchanged email, and have already facebooked him. We are sending him some videos from dinner, so he can send to his wife and daughters. Wish we had him on every cruise!

My first cruise was a stunning blonde from south africa named lobka I dont know if i spelled that right haha. The funniest had to be oman and omanda i forget where they were from and oman had a lil bit of the hots for her and it was like watching a sitcom all week haha. We had a waitress on the valor for our last cruise whom was sooooo rude and acted like everything we ordered was a hassle for her. I forget her name though.

On the Pride in June 2009 our waiter Smith from the Phillipines and his assistant Liayatree (sp) also from the Phillipines were the best! They were super friendly and made dinner every night very enjoyable.

On the Liberty in January 2010 our assitant waiter Cecilio (also from the Phillipines) was fantastic too. Very outgoing and clearly enjoyed his job. I danced with him one night during their dance after dinner. He was fun and always said hello and joked with us when we saw him around and about the ship.

Our favorite waiter was on RCL. Our least favorites were on our last cruise on Glory. They never bothered to know us by name; didn't know what sides were on the dishes, and rarely refilled our drinks or water.

We've pretty much decided to sail with RCL next year; going on Freedom. No booths over there either!

• 3 years later...

Remberto!!! (Carnival Fantasy, Feb 2013) If we could figure out which ship he'll be on when we're ready to cruise again we would certainly be on the ship! Remberto MADE our cruise in February! Our son still talks about Remberto like he is a long lost family member that he can't wait to see again.

Martina on the Magic in January 2012. Over the years we've had lots of great waiters. Hers is the only name I remember in the great category.

Lousy waiter - didn't have to even think twice - Daniel on the Magic in August 2013.