Not the way I wanted to end the cruise

Pam in CA

Princess were so kind to me end of last year when my mom died.

They really do come through when situations like this happen.:)

Bill has been in good hands all along and know he will be booking his next cruise soon for sure now........Love to all your family......Kruisey:)

In addition to regular travel insurance, my husband and I have MEDJETASSIST. This is medical evacuation insurance that will take you from where you are to hospital of your choice. Having seen many times that medical emergencies can happen to anyone and DO. It is about $250 A YEAR AARP rate and and good for all trips and all types of travel more than 150 miles from your address. I hope that I NEVER have to test it. It gives me comfort to know I have some back up help if I need it. I think you need both even though travel insurance does overlap some. Hope the day is brighter for Pam and family.

In addition to regular travel insurance, my husband and I have MEDJETASSIST. This is medical evacuation insurance that will take you from where you are to hospital of your choice. Having seen many times that medical emergencies can happen to anyone and DO. It is about $250 A YEAR AARP rate and and good for all trips and all types of travel more than 150 miles from your address. I hope that I NEVER have to test it. It gives me comfort to know I have some back up help if I need it. I think you need both even though travel insurance does overlap some. Hope the day is brighter for Pam and family.

I also am a firm believe in MedJet Assist. In Pam's BIL situation, once he was no longer in ICU, they would fly him home to a hospital of his choice (assuming his regular doctor would admit him) so he could recover there. When they transport people - they often do it in private planes with medical professional going with you.

In most cases, it would fly you home right away but it sounds like her BIL would not have been stable enough to fly and needed surgery ASAP.

Regardless, I encourage everyone to look into MedJet Assist.

Pam,

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your sister and brother in law. I am so sorry your cruise ended this way. I hope your BIL recovers fully.

It is so great that you are able to stay with your sister. That must mean the world to her.

Take care.

Pam: So sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. I hope he recovers quickly. I've been reading your postings for a long time and have learned a lot. Your comments about the care and compassion you received from Princess were very reasuring. Please extend my best wishes for your brother-in-law, your sister and to you.

Pam, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for reminding us how valuable insurance can be when the unexpected happens. I'm happy to hear how well Princess has treated you in this unfortunate situation. My best to you and your sister and brother-in-law.

Archived