princess transfer with non-princess flight?

bluenoser2

We're in the midst of arranging flights for our upcoming European Explorer cruise in June. Because Princess air is too complicated for us - we still have to arrange flights from our locale back to Montreal and then to Rome, we decided to book our own flights. The one we are looking at gets into Rome at 9:00 a.m. and we're wondering if it's possible to get a Princess Transfer to the port if we're not on a princess flight. Also, at the other end of the cruise, when we disembark in Southampton, can we get a Princess transfer to the airport, if we're not leaving on a flight that day, but are booking a hotel near the airport, and then flying out the next day?

I think the anawer to your question is yes. We have never booked flights thru Princess because it is difficult and not to our liking.

We have done transfers several times domestically and I would think it is possible internationally. You would have to assure the timing correlates with Princess transfer times so after you determine your flights, call Princess directly.

On the 2nd part of your question, the answer is also yes. We disembarked at Southhampton and took the Princess transfer to Gatwick. We retrieved our luggage and we walked to the hotel (Gatwick Hilton) which was easy because it is connected directly to the airport.

As a matter of fact, we had to stay over because we could not get to the airport in time from Southampton for any flights to the US. Most leave about noon or before and the timing, considering travel, check-in, international security, etc, did not permit it.

One thing we are glad we did was go a few days early to London and explore that fantastic city. Took the Gatwick Express right from the airport to the city then a train from Waterloo Station to Southampton. (There is a similar train from Heathrow to London.) Could not do any Princess transfers on that part of the trip. London was great. I want to go back.

Also, at the other end of the cruise, when we disembark in Southampton, can we get a Princess transfer to the airport, if we're not leaving on a flight that day, but are booking a hotel near the airport, and then flying out the next day?

This is exactly what we did last September in Copenhagen. It worked very well. In fact I didn't book the transfer until we were on the ship.

As long as you are arriving on the day of the cruise, you can get a Princess transfer for a flight you booked.

Actually, you can arrive on an earlier day. You just need to make your way back to the airport on the day of the cruise to take the Princess transfer. We have done this several times.

I arranged transfers through my travel agent - for transfers to the pier after my flight. I just called her with my flight information and she set it up. Very easy! I will print out the transfers with the rest of my paperwork closer to my cruise date. Good luck and have a great time!

We're in the midst of arranging flights for our upcoming European Explorer cruise in June. Because Princess air is too complicated for us - we still have to arrange flights from our locale back to Montreal and then to Rome, we decided to book our own flights. The one we are looking at gets into Rome at 9:00 a.m. and we're wondering if it's possible to get a Princess Transfer to the port if we're not on a princess flight. Also, at the other end of the cruise, when we disembark in Southampton, can we get a Princess transfer to the airport, if we're not leaving on a flight that day, but are booking a hotel near the airport, and then flying out the next day?

I used Princess disembarkation transfer from Southampton to LHR. There was a bit of chaos locating the correct bus (there were lots of them), but otherwise very convenient. It was also financially better for me as a solo.

I stayed at the LHR Hilton. That enabled me to wheel my luggage from the bus thru the terminal to the hotel and then to my flight. It's connected by a covered walkway to Terminal Five.

The one we are looking at gets into Rome at 9:00 a.m. and we're wondering if it's possible to get a Princess Transfer to the port if we're not on a princess flight.

I do this all the time. All you need to do is enter your flight information into your Cruise Personalizer. Then a Princess rep will be waiting at baggage claim to meet your flight. They will have your name on their arriving passenger list.

Also, at the other end of the cruise, when we disembark in Southampton, can we get a Princess transfer to the airport, if we're not leaving on a flight that day, but are booking a hotel near the airport, and then flying out the next day?

I also do this all the time. Just make certain that you purchase the correct transfer to either Gatwick or Heathrow. Onboard, they will assign you a disembarkation transfer time. Sometimes this is very early and you can request a later disembarkation time -- otherwise, you risk getting to the airport/hotel too early for check in. I generally decide to book a disembarkation tour while onboard and then the drop off at the airport is at a more reasonable time.

We want to book a Princess transfer at the Venice, Italy port to the airport. The Crown Princess gets into venice on May 27th 2010 for disembarkation at 1AM. Calls to princess customer service reps say the disembarkation process starts at 4AM. We want to book a flight that leaves venice airport at 7:20AM. Princess says not to book any air prior to 7AM. Would be be safe booking the 7:20AM flight??? Anyone who could help us on this would be greatly appreciated as we have only taken one other cruise but not a transfer during disembarkation to an airport and are not that cruising savvy. Thanks again.

Archived