Royal Palms or Sea Grape

Terpsfan1

We are three middle aged women just looking for a nice day at the beach. We would like a place with restaurant, chairs, changing rooms, etc. It would be nice to have alittle shade, but umbrellas will do. Would you recommend Sea Grape of Royal Palms. I assume both areas can be reached easily by taxi.

Thanks,

Carol and Crew

Just back from a cruise - I went to Royal Palms and loved it! yes, it's close to the pier but well worth going to - everyone is so friendly and the food/drinks are great.

One word of caution - if you have your mind set as to where you want to go - stick with it, I was told by the person who was getting groups in the taxi (actually a van) that Sea Grape was better the cost to there is $5 from the pier - long story short - driver tried to get about 5 of us to get off at Sea Grape and we were adament that we wanted Royal Palms (she did take us back to Royal Palms) you pass "The Reef Grill" - that's where you want to get off for Royal Palms beach - the cost to Royal Palms is $4 by taxi, and $7 for chair rental and $10 for umbrella rental - stay as long as you want, when you leave your chair leave something on it, like your towel, so that no one tries to get it as you have paid for it - keep your receipt as well! Enjoy and have a great time!

Thanks. I have copied my small group as they wouldn't know any better. It was nice of you to share your experience. Our first time at GC, I asked for the Colony Club. Not realizing it was where the ships sent there tour groups. What a waste of money, no chairs available, not place to even put down a towel. Live & Learn.

Just got back from our cruise on the Valor and while in GC went to 7 mile beach Royal Palms beach club. LOVED the beach. Very similar to Orient Beach in St. Marten. Excellent change facilities, washrooms and outdoor shower to rinse off the salt water. The water was clear and warm. In fact this was the only port I swam at!

Just came back from Royal Palm and had a great day there. We had been to Sea Grape a year or so ago and also like it but would stay away if that is a beach used by any ship.

A post on another thread suggested taking a look at the cruise ship beach excursions to be sure you have not planned to go to that beach.

M

Archived