Live from the Pacific Princess World Cruise 2010

paradiseken

Paradiseken here. Today is Saturday and we are heading to Aruba. Weather has been rough since leaving Lauderdale on Wednesday. Sail-Away was great. Free champagne, great music and lots of fellowship. Had our meet and greet on Thursday. MaryAnn (Wowzo) did a great job. Had the captain, chief purser, CD and asst. CD there. Lots of CC members came. Great to put faces on all the folks we talk to online.

The PP is a great little ship. Got spruced up during drydock.

I have not walked a straight line since embarkation. Queasy stomache not much fun either. Looking forward to getting off ship this afternoon.

The day the ship left it was captured (many thanks to Lou at Mortgage mobile in FLL) I thought I'd mention it in case someone on the cruise might want to see it when they return home.

Have a great cruise. Have friends on the cruise that are very computer savvy. So I was in hopes some one else was do a Live thread.

Hope you start feeling better soon.:)

Paradiseken here. Today is Saturday and we are heading to Aruba. Weather has been rough since leaving Lauderdale on Wednesday. Sail-Away was great. Free champagne, great music and lots of fellowship. Had our meet and greet on Thursday. MaryAnn (Wowzo) did a great job. Had the captain, chief purser, CD and asst. CD there. Lots of CC members came. Great to put faces on all the folks we talk to online.

I have not walked a straight line since embarkation. Queasy stomache not much fun either. Looking forward to getting off ship this afternoon.

I'm checking in for this cruise.

Wow first day out on a 100+ days cruise and you have a "Quesy Stomache", ewww.

Enjoy your cruise, I will.

I'm checking in for this cruise.

Wow first day out on a 100+ days cruise and you have a "Quesy Stomache", ewww.

Enjoy your cruise, I will.

I was thinking the same thing. I sure hope somebody gets their sea legs quickly or it's going to be a longggggggggg 107 days. ;)

paradiseken are you on for the entire cruise? Look forward to reading your daily (?) posts. Some of use got to do the World on the Royal last year and had a marvelouse time. Looking forward to doing the same again.

Feel better NOW.

How wonderful to be able to follow you both along on this adventure. I am really looking forward to hearing about the ports we will be visiting on Diamond Princess as we bring her back from Bangkok in April/May. Also anxious to hear of your thoughts on the ports we saw on Star Princess when we sailed from Sydney to LA last October/November.

Thanks for taking us along with you and have a safe voyage.

Fran

for anyone who didn't realise but they are also doing a blog

http://pacificprincessworldcruise2010.blogspot.com/

joanne

Thanks for the link to the blog, Joanne....I can now have a 'double dose' of this world cruise :D

Have a wonderful cruise, paradiseken.....thanks for taking us along with you :)

Thanks for the Live From and thanks for the blog link. I love following the world cruise.

Does anyone know what happened to Capt. Bill from last year's Royal WC?

The thread is still going on in the Floataway Lounge. Last time I checked he is still MIA, I think. Beware there is a lot of pages/replies to that thread. I was amazed this weekend when I checked just see what's going on. Yes, occasionally I'm lurking out there.

Thanks so much for posting, I have been following your blog as well. Is Tab Hunter on the ship?

Can I bring you some Ginger when I get on in Los Angeles? It might help your tummy!

Amelia

Greetings from in the Panama Canal !!

Ken has invited anyone on this cruise to go ahead and post our comments.

The ship drydock really cleaned and polished up the ship - Fresh from blasting and repainting the outside and alot of the inside. Revarnished the woodwalls, etc., they look brand new. Not much new furniture or carpets, cabins are about the same but look freshened up. No reconfigureing of spaces. The sound & light systems were redone. I'm happy to have the best AC unit in a ship in a long time !!

Storage is tight but the amount we brought fit in every nook & cranny.

For others on the Pacific in the Amazon last year, Pia, Tina, Donna, Carolyn, etc - we have only found one crewmember from that time - everyone else is new to the ship. But equally wonderful.

Tab Hunter looks good and is very personable.

Had a large Cruise Critic Meeting and most of the officers were there - very nice of them.

We're having fun and can't believe a week has gone by.

MaryAnn

there is a great photo posted on their roll call of them going thru one of the locks....from earlier......... just the bridge cam and they seem to be going through another set of locks but I can't find them on any of the panama canal webcams

joanne

Archived