Found a camera and photos from qm2

MAUREGATO

Hello again,

I have just saw today's BBC program, and it was really exciting. Both, the woman who lost the camera and the man who find it, together on tv. Really a happy end to the story. ;) :p

Safrican, As I told You by mail, You allways will be wellcome. :) :)

Well, this really restores my faith in humanity. How marvelous that people, especially

Mauregato and Paul would be so interested in helping complete strangers. This is the

best feel good story I've heard in a long time, and it's all true.

Mimi

I also found this on the Princess board. The story actually brings tears to my eyes for the goodness of people. Mauregato and Paul and all the others who made the unbelieveable - believable.

I think everyone who reads this will in some way keep some of the kindness by remembering this amazing story.

This is such an awesome story on so many different levels . I was on that voyage , it was awesome as well. Glad the owners will be reunited with their photos. Mauregato you are a good person as are all the folks who helped you.

Denise

The link on the Princess board brought me to this thread

As soon as I saw Paul from BBC post, I had chills...those news people when they grab the ball they don't let go....

I knew at that point there would be a happy ending!!!

and of course when I read that Mauregato and SAfrican connected

it was like a sappy Hallmark commercial on the television and I started crying!!!!!

This is the CruiseCritic boards at its best!

I'm sure Carolyn and LauraS are thrilled!

Mauregato...you are an incredible individual....

I hope you always receive the same amount of kindness and thoughtfulness (that you have extended to complete strangers) on a daily basis!!!

If you go back and read the first posts on this thread, its funny to see how sceptical and smartalecky people were towards this very nice man who went to such lengths to return the pcitures. Its clear that some especially snarky messages were removed. Oh, well, that's the not so nice so side of human nature.

Of course, in fairness to the snarks, it does seem unbelievable even now that we know it was true!

If you go back and read the first posts on this thread, its funny to see how sceptical and smartalecky people were towards this very nice man who went to such lengths to return the pcitures. Its clear that some especially snarky messages were removed. Oh, well, that's the not so nice so side of human nature.

Something of a pity that they have chosen not to apologise to Mauregato.

Of course, in fairness to the snarks, it does seem unbelievable even now that we know it was true!

But not an excuse. There's always the opportunity not to comment...

Its such an AMAZING story, without looking into it deeply I was 50-50 that it was a hoax, but I hoped it was true and I'm very glad I passed it on to Paul Clifton at the BBC anyway, telling him it would be a sensational story if it turned out to be true. Well done Paul for persevering with it until you made the story have such a great ending!!

Cheers,

- Rob of http://www.TheQE2Story.com

Hello everyone,

I want to thank everyone for your wonderful, cheerful, and congratulatory remarks!

I have to make it quite clear though - no congratulations are due to me - only to you guys for your constant effort and belief that a happy ending was possible. ESPECIALLY MAUREGATO AND THE SEA CAPTAIN BENITO. Ignore the snarky guys - there will always be those in life who look on the bleak side - maybe something wonderful will happen in their lives and they will be reminded to keep searching for the silver lining of life!

Thank you Rob of www.TheQE2Story.com who, I believe, it was who took this story to Paul Clifton of BBC. My friend saw that broadcast and so the happy reunion was effected. And of course, thanks must go to King Neptune for taking such good care of his lost & found department at sea!!

A cruise game was suggested, wherein one buys a disposable camera, takes some clearly identifiable pics, and then tosses it overboard. See how many turn up!!?? Good idea!! The fishermen can then compete to see who finds the most!!

Our trip aboard the QM2 was fantastic! We had spent a week in N.Y and taken every 'tourist shot' imaginable - A luxury I'm not sure we'll ever be able to afford again. Our initial amazement at the camera being found has now turned to immense joy and an overwhelming gratitude to those whose involvement will eventually bring it back to us.

I fully intend to post some pictures for you all to see once I've got the SD card back!

I really want to fly to Spain and meet these two wonderful people - I want to shake their hands, hug them till they can hardly breathe, and tell their families just how blessed they are to be related to these upstanding, caring people.

I have always believed in the goodness of humanity, and know that those who are not 'good people' or don't believe as I do, are simply unhappy and disillusioned ~ but ultimately, the goodness of humanity will always win through!!!

Enjoy cruising guys - it's surely the most restful way to holiday!!!

Barbara

1816171501_barbaraonthedeck.jpg.4adabcc684cc41197688c66bed4c15e3.jpg

871676592_Dennisonthedeck.jpg.2569e874d9de841b32e19f62f19c42fa.jpg

If you can read the serial number on the camera, you might try to contact the manufacturer to see if it was possibly registered for warranty issues. They might have the owner on file..

The post immediately above yours is from the owner...

I've been following this from the beginning & am thrilled that the owners of the pictures have been found. We were on the QE 2 final crossing to America and it was really special. It truly is amazing how this turned out. Is there any way to access the TV broadcasts about the story? I've found the print versions, but would love to see the live ones about the story. As a final note, we are visiting friends &, as I read cruise critic as amusement, shared this story with them when I first saw it. Got back to the thread today and all of us are pleased at the outcome. Happy sailing to all. :):)

Archived