Found a camera and photos from qm2

MAUREGATO

There's a link at the top right of this page which says "watch latest edition in full"

which we'll be able to watch later

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southtoday/

Many thanks for posting the link Paul. Us folk "up 'ere in t'Midlands" cannot get "South Today", but I will look forward to watching it on line later.

Regards,

David

Or if you have Sky, select channel 984 for BBC1 South, instead of your own BBC1 region on channel 101.

Sally Taylor has just previewed tonights South Today on the 6 O'Clock National News & the story has already been trailed. :)

Thank you Paul!

Hello again,

Thanks, Paul.

My cruise experience:

COSTA RIVIERA: Mediterranean Sea : Italy / Greece , From Venice

NORWEGIAN JEWEL: Mediterranean Sea : Spain / Italy , Fron Barcelona

NORWEGIAN JADE: Norwegian Fiords and Nord Cape, From Southampton

RUBY PRINCESS: Italy / Greece / Turkey, From Venice

Next Trip: Maybe "ICELAND"

Great that BBC broadcast this story.

Chances are, somebody who sees it knows somebody... if the cameraless Cunard crossers don't see it themselves.

Looking forward to the happy outcome. :)

However, I wonder why the BBC correspondant is so sure that it was the 10 Oct. westbound crossing and not the 16 Oct. eastbound crossing.

It sounds as if they were not aware that QE2 and QM2 sailed back to the UK in tandem on 16 Oct.

If the memory card has photos of the crossing AND NYC and DC on it, then the photos were not taken on the 10 Oct. crossing as the report said, as obviously the camera would not have made it to the US to be able to photograph NYC and DC.

Since the memory card has photos taken in the US, then this couple were obviously on the 16 Oct. crossing.

Not that it really matters now, as they'll almost certainly get wind of the story..

Great news. We think we have found the lady in the photograph.

She is from South Africa, and I have sent her email address to the fisherman who found her holiday photographs on the bottom of the Atlantic ocean.

A friend of hers who lives in Oxford saw our television news item this evening and got in touch. We have arranged to speak to the lady in South Africa in the morning, and with luck we will do another story on tv tomorrow evening. Same programme, same time as today. For those who are spread around the world, try www.bbc.co.uk/southtoday

It's just wonderful when a story works out like this. So a big thank you to all of you, and in particular to Rob Lightbody who first brought it to my attention. He runs a website called theqe2story.com.

In one of life's coincidences I was at the launch of QE2 as a small child. I was on the bridge in Dubai when the foghorn was sounded for the last time, and the flag lowered. So stories like this are a particular pleasure to do.

Paul

Great that BBC broadcast this story.

However, I wonder why the BBC correspondant is so sure that it was the 10 Oct. westbound crossing and not the 16 Oct. eastbound crossing.

It sounds as if they were not aware that QE2 and QM2 sailed back to the UK in tandem on 16 Oct.

The date and time will be embedded in the picture files. Obviously we have to assume that the camera's date is correct!

Brilliant - and what a quick result - well done to the OP for persevering and everyone else on this site, your perseverance paid off.

Can't wait to see the news tomorrow and download it. Now wouldn't it be nice if Cunard could somehow jump on the bandwagon and do something to celebrate the finding of the photos. It would be great publicity for them.

I went all goosebumpy when i was watching the BBC clip and then to read about the result later on - absolutely blooming brilliant! :D

What a wonderful happening for all of us Cunard Cruise members to be witness to the discovery of the owner of the camera lost at sea.

My wife and I were on board the Queen Mary 2 for the tandem westbound crossing with the Queen Elizabeth 2 back in October 2008.

I just viewed the BBC coverage and am still amazed by what has transpired from the original post here on Cruise Critic.

Paul of BBC, thank you for taking this story from Cruse Critic to the BBC News. I was hoping however, Paul, that you would have mentioned how this all began with the Internet via Cruise Critic.

Now, if some fisherman could just find that one pound gold bullion bar that I dropped from my sheltered balcony last November 2009, while celebrating my birthday on board the QM2.

Terrence

Hello,

Paul, It's fantastic.

That explain a photo made in N.Y. or Whasington , I'm not sure, in wich ONLY APPEARS THE NAME " SOUTH AFRICA".

¡ CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE !

I'm going to contact Her ASAP.

What a guy you are, so many people wouldn't have bothered. You renew my faith in mankind. Thank you so much for caring.:)

Gail

Archived