Are handheld clothes steamers allowed on board?

ahornb

I know that clothes irons are a no-no, but how about a small, portable handheld steamer?
Yes, they're allowed. If they try to take it away ask for a supervisor and remind them that they sell them on board.

Yes, they're allowed. If they try to take it away ask for a supervisor and remind them that they sell them on board.

Good advice. We always take a steamer and with the exception of one time on the Serenade we have never had an issue. We had to go and claim our bag because of the steamer. I pointed out that they sell them in the gift shop and we left with our suit case and the steamer.

We have always taken a little hand held steamer....we've not had a problem.

We always use it for the dress shirts and formal stuff.

I say "try it" and then as the other poster stated, if they try to confiscate it let them know they sell them in the gift shop.

Good luck.

Tigers2425

Where can I find one to buy before we go? If I don't find one, how much do they cost on the ship?

Check Target, Walmart, etc... and they're probably within budget. Not sure of the cost onboard, but if they're priced like items such as, toothpaste, sunscreen, etc... they'll be very expensive :(

Mine is similar to this: http://www.target.com/SteamFast-Compact-Fabric-Steamer-SF-435W/dp/B000BQW7NG/ref=br_1_1?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=13427841&node=13427841&searchRank=salesrank&searchPage=1&rh=p_36%3A%240-%2424&searchSize=30&id=SteamFast%20Compact%20Fabric%20Steamer%20SF-435W I got it for about the same price at a different store.

I also have a Rowneta Steamer that is sold as a travel steamr, but I think it's too big and heavy to pack. The above little one is just fine, but do not overfill it, I noticed the first comment on the page was a warning but I think they overfilled it.

However, I pack our clothing in dry cleaner bags and packing folders and rarely have to steam anything.

Mine is similar to this: http://www.target.com/SteamFast-Compact-Fabric-Steamer-SF-435W/dp/B000BQW7NG/ref=br_1_1?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=13427841&node=13427841&searchRank=salesrank&searchPage=1&rh=p_36%3A%240-%2424&searchSize=30&id=SteamFast%20Compact%20Fabric%20Steamer%20SF-435W I got it for about the same price at a different store.

I also have a Rowneta Steamer that is sold as a travel steamr, but I think it's too big and heavy to pack. The above little one is just fine, but do not overfill it, I noticed the first comment on the page was a warning but I think they overfilled it.

However, I pack our clothing in dry cleaner bags and packing folders and rarely have to steam anything.

im wondering where can i get something similiar to this steamer is australia///this is just the perfect size and price.....

Archived