What would you change?

mgg42

You beat me to this suggestion. I have often said I would love to just get on a ship for 7 days (or longer) and go out to sea. Visit NO ports, just enjoy sea days for a week. It would be less expensive for the cruise lines too as they would not have to pay any Port Taxes! Of course, it might make it a little bit more difficult because they would not be able to re-stock anything either.

Actually, I don't believe they really re-stock the ships at most ports of call (at least for caribbean itineraries). Pretty much everything for the seven day voyages comes on at embarkation.

Not really understanding the people who really seem to dislike the rock climbing wall. I've never done it and have little interest in doing so. But it doesn't bother me. It really doesn't seem to take up a lot of space, and really doesn't interfere with anything (except maybe on Oasis, which I haven't seen yet).

I would like the light switch to be inside the bathroom instead of outside. That way when someone uses it at night, the whole room doesn't wake up.

Wow...this is one I would not have thought of but it's huge!! Thanks!

I agree with those who say KEEP the mini golf. I like it. It's often hysterical trying to play against the rocking of the ship. I've had the ball roll right back to me!

No tubs. Who takes baths? I agree who the poster who said that cabin real estate is too valuable to sacrifice to fit a bath tub. A slightly larger shower would be nice. Difficult to shave your legs when you can't even bend over!

Smaller ships, not bigger!!! Nothing larger than Voyager Class. That's PLENTY large enough. I have no interest in the larger ships. I've sailed on Freedom, and even that felt too big and crowded for me.

Outside dining for the Windjammer. I know they have it on the smaller ships. They should have it on ALL ships.

I don't care one way or the other about the rock-climbing wall, but I'd add a big pool slide. I'm 50 years old, but I absolutely LOVED the slide on Carnival. (And at Jimmy Buffet's Margarittaville!)

Add some solo cabins, like NCL just did. Make it a little easier for solo travelers.

And yes, allowing us to bring on just one bottle for use in the cabin would be nice. I understand the need to LIMIT that, to insure liquor sales on board, but one bottle??

Not really understanding the people who really seem to dislike the rock climbing wall. I've never done it and have little interest in doing so. But it doesn't bother me. It really doesn't seem to take up a lot of space, and really doesn't interfere with anything (except maybe on Oasis, which I haven't seen yet).

I agree ... if you get rid of all the fun stuff what's left to do?

The beauty of a cruise is it is fun for everyone...you can do it or not do it...it can be a taylor made vacation.

perhaps they need "fuddy duddy" ships ;):D

You are correct!!

Really!!! Interesting.

Hey Amybeth, How are you doing?

I wonder if there would be a lot of interest in this. We would love it and my sister's family too!

Would you go? (hope we are still friends after the smoking thread hahah)

Also agree about the revolving doors, they get stuck a lot!

Really!!! Interesting.

Hey Amybeth, How are you doing?

I wonder if there would be a lot of interest in this. We would love it and my sister's family too!

Would you go? (hope we are still friends after the smoking thread hahah)

Also agree about the revolving doors, they get stuck a lot!

Hey Glock! I have no memory of what you and I might have said on the millions of smoking threads on these boards, so consider us friends. :)

So...you wonder if there'd be a lot of interest in what?

A "cruise to no where"

How do I private message?

I don't think you can.

I didn't say above that I was interested in a cruise to nowhere although I will say that I would actually like that. I do love days at sea. But I don't see cruising in my near future...not working at the moment. ACK.

You can email me if you want at my screen name, at aol.

Things I would change:

Heat the pools!!!! (obviously not on summer Caribbean itineraries)

No shower curtains on any cruise ship

PLEASE stop telling us (the passengers) how hard everyone is working for us on the cruise. It's not like we just came aboard for free...we PAID them to work for us. At my job, I don't encourage our customers to clap for all the staff at my company because we are doing such a great job for them. We paid the cruise fair, you (the cruise staff) are doing the job they are being paid for. Memo to the cruise directors - stop trying to get the passengers to continually pat you and the rest of staff on the back so much.

Heat the pools!!!!

Stop selling so many things - including the high pressure sales in the spa (well, I don't care if they sell things, that's fine...just not so "loudly" and in your face)

Have at least one fresh water pool option on all non-Freedom class ships

More hot tubs on Radiance class ships

And finally, Heat the pools.

Things I would change:

Heat the pools!!!! (obviously not on summer Caribbean itineraries)

Heat the pools!!!!

And finally, Heat the pools.

lol

PLEASE stop telling us (the passengers) how hard everyone is working for us on the cruise. It's not like we just came aboard for free...we PAID them to work for us. At my job, I don't encourage our customers to clap for all the staff at my company because we are doing such a great job for them. We paid the cruise fair, you (the cruise staff) are doing the job they are being paid for. Memo to the cruise directors - stop trying to get the passengers to continually pat you and the rest of staff on the back so much.

I never thought of this but I completely agree. "Isn't everyone around you WONDERFUL? How about a round of applause!!!"

I actually think the RCI ships, at least Freedom class, are near perfect. Here are some ides of my own and comments on other ideas.

• I heard about the WOW phones, I’d like those available on all ships.
  • Not sure I like the bath tub idea; I like the “star trek” shower doors on Voyager and Freedom class.
  • I’d like to see small lounge/waiting areas on some of the floors. Someplace where you can sit or wait while the others in your party finish getting ready.
  • In-room bar set ups from room service- booze, ice, limes, lemons, mixers. It would be nice to have a drink on the balcony w/ friends in the evening.
  • I wish there was more interesting port shopping. The row of “jewelry store, t-shirt shop, diamonds int’l, t-shirt shop, jewelry store” in each port are really boring.
  • On the shopping topic, I’d be interested in books and DVDs about the ships and the company. How they are built, sketches of early concepts, history of RCI ships. Sometimes they play DVDs like this on RC TV.
  • I’m a big fan of the Royal Promenade, I think it is the perfect solution for what to do with a deck that has no exterior view- the life boats hang on this level so any window would be obstructed. However, if they lengthened the ship a bit, break the RP in two with a “town square” in the middle that had bay windows out to the sea.
  • Someone mentioned MUTS, I would not mind if they did it at night, but I definitely don’t want to hear those TVs blaring during the day. Just my opinion.

On a more serious note for me: (and not really concerning ship design, but) enhance the itineraries like NCL does for Hawaii - pick a couple of ports to stay overnight. San Juan comes to mind for the caribbean. The European stops would be ideal for overnighters given some of the distances from port to city (Florence, Rome, etc.) This would give us a chance to experience the night life should we choose.

Since we seem to now be venturing into non-design issues, I'd change the in-your-face suite perks. I'm fine with them getting all sorts of free stuff I don't see. But telling me I have to circle the pool area for 20 minutes in the vain hope I might find an empty chair, while dozens sit vacant in the "suite guests only" section is a little offensive. Some of us are doing all we can to afford the cruise at all. Sure, I understand that people paying a lot more are entitled to more perks. But even on the airplane, they close a curtain so the rest of us don't have to watch the first class passengers eating their gourmet meal, after which they clean their hands with a warm towel while sitting in their extra wide seats with oh-so-much leg room, sipping a glass of champagne. Knowing what's there is different than having it flaunted in our faces.

When we would get back to the ship (Serenade) from our port excursions all DW kept saying was "Boy I wish I could get a milk shake or ice cream soda right now". Yeh, I know you can get soft serve and add it to the

soda they give you in the glass and make your own ice cream soda but it's messy and not the same.

Don't know if that's what's Johnny Rockets has but it would be nice if you could get shakes on all the ships.

ICE MACHINES : so that we can fill our ice bucket ourselves rather than having to call room service. We found the time we needed ice the most was during our cabin steward's break.

DRUG STORE : I know the shop sells a few bits and pieces but I would like to see a good selection of toiletry items, sun care, OTC medicines etc. I think this would be a far more useful shop than T-shirts and jewelery.

Here is what I want:

Smaller ships - nothing bigger than 100,000 tons

Bigger cabins

Free bottled water in the room

All CD stop telling 100 year old cruise jokes.

Get rid off Climbing wall

Reduce prices for spa

Reduce prices for pictures

Come up with some newer games

Free cappucinos after dinner

More juices choices

Pool towels by the pool - unlimited.

Having a Capuccino after 11am is like having a filet mignon well done ;)

Having a Capuccino after 11am is like having a filet mignon well done ;)

Agreed.

I would like poached eggs for breakfast though, surely it can't be too difficult

lol

I never thought of this but I completely agree. "Isn't everyone around you WONDERFUL? How about a round of applause!!!"

What gets me is that we are eating! Why must they interrupt the meal. I would agree get rid of all the dining room interuptions.

Today at work I am asking everyone to clap for me because I just did my job.

Someplace in the cabin to eat a meal, without having to lean over the coffee table...or hold your plate on your lap!

I agree. Maybe there could be some sort of pull-down table similar to those on the back of airline seats, but in the wall by the bed.

Why on the outside of the Seven Hearts area do they have table tennis tables with automatic doors leading to the outside and vice versa. Everytime somebody chases after a ball the doors open letting in a sudden gust of wind which then blows the cards or board game you are playing clean off the table. We noticed this more on our last cruise over Christmas/New Year 2008 when sailing down to the Caribbean and back from New York. The first and last couple of days were freezing cold and the shock of the cold blast more than anything else forced people away from this normally idllyic area.

This door was purposely not working on my Voyager of the Seas cruise in March, 2009 -- because of the cards blowing in the wind.

Archived