What would you change?

mgg42

I think it would be nice to have a separate dining room for those that don't want to abide by the dress "suggestions". A dining room where cruisers could literally dress however they want. Of course the food would be the same but perhaps the interior design would be simpler. Maybe a "church basement" design with banquet tables and metal folding chairs. The table could be set with roll of white butcher wrap paper with plastic utensils, styrofoam plates and cups and a roll of paper towels on each. The wait staff could dress up in jeans, red plaid shirts with boots and a cowboy hat.

Why on the outside of the Seven Hearts area do they have table tennis tables with automatic doors leading to the outside and vice versa. Everytime somebody chases after a ball the doors open letting in a sudden gust of wind which then blows the cards or board game you are playing clean off the table. We noticed this more on our last cruise over Christmas/New Year 2008 when sailing down to the Caribbean and back from New York. The first and last couple of days were freezing cold and the shock of the cold blast more than anything else forced people away from this normally idllyic area.

1. We like a designated movie theater- some ships have them- some don't- they are good to have instead of watching movies in the huge theater.

2. Agree- get rid of bath tubs.

3. Have a minimum of upper bunks- have the sleep sofas instead. Every cabin needs a small sofa.

4. Have plenty of pools- some ships have plenty, others not enough. Every ship should have at least four pools (2 family, 2 adult)

5. We like the ships with fewer decks. Some of the ships just seem too tall.

6. Produce more smaller ships- 2,000 passenger instead of the gigantic ships. Bring back the smaller ships.

I would love a larger shower in all rooms.

I would pay anything to dine under the stars on my balcony, with a waiter tending to me and my fiance on our honeymoon.

Larger balcony table. I almost don't want to think about leaving my balcony... so make it comfortable!

Allow me to be a responsible adult and bring on (or buy on ship) a bottle of liquor. Don't make me into a little teeny-bopper trying to "sneak" stuff on. I'm not even a big drinker, but I'm disappointed I can't have a mixed drink on my balcony.

I love the idea of the promenade that goes all the way around the ship.

Great ideas, everyone! :)

Only comment I have is the idea of Archery :eek: Hope that would be in a enclosed area, would hate to be ducking flying arrows as I walk around the deck.:D

ATG, I agree totally about the light being on the inside of the bathroom. This may sound funny, but to adjust back to darkness upon leaving the bathroom at night, I close my eyes before leaving to shut the bathroom light off, then when I go out and reopen my eyes, I can find my way back to the bed.

I think it would be nice to have a separate dining room for those that don't want to abide by the dress "suggestions". A dining room where cruisers could literally dress however they want. Of course the food would be the same but perhaps the interior design would be simpler. Maybe a "church basement" design with banquet tables and metal folding chairs. The table could be set with roll of white butcher wrap paper with plastic utensils, styrofoam plates and cups and a roll of paper towels on each. The wait staff could dress up in jeans, red plaid shirts with boots and a cowboy hat.

ROTFL... too funny!! :D

I think the first part is a good idea and can be executed with taste, but really really hope you are kidding about the rest. No personal offense intended. It's also not environmentally friendly.

Hmmm...Sounds like you would like to bring back the steerage class system to make sure you're enjoyment isn't diluted by anyone that doesn't meet up with your standards.....Maybe another cruiseline would best suit your needs...Enjoy that !!! :rolleyes:

My wife and I would love it if they offered 7 day cruises to nowhere. Love the days at sea where you see nothing but water and horizon in every direction.

You beat me to this suggestion. I have often said I would love to just get on a ship for 7 days (or longer) and go out to sea. Visit NO ports, just enjoy sea days for a week. It would be less expensive for the cruise lines too as they would not have to pay any Port Taxes! Of course, it might make it a little bit more difficult because they would not be able to re-stock anything either.

Hmmm...Sounds like you would like to bring back the steerage class system to make sure you're enjoyment isn't diluted by anyone that doesn't meet up with your standards.....Maybe another cruiseline would best suit your needs...Enjoy that !!! :rolleyes:

There you go, jumping to conclusions. Maybe I want to eat in the church basement.

Not. Perhaps I should wish for a separate dining room for all those who wish to dress according to the dress "suggestions" and leave the current MDR to those who don't care. Is that better?

I think the first part is a good idea and can be executed with taste, but really really hope you are kidding about the rest. No personal offense intended. It's also not environmentally friendly.

LOL LOL !!!!..Sounds like you want to execute those that you don't think have taste...What happens when those tasteless people are the ones staying in all the "Suites" and are the new D & D+ C&A's...You can't judge a book by it's cover..certainly in todays world..;).. The enjoyment everyone gets being on a cruise should not depend on how anyone else interprets the suggested dress guidelines....Live and let live..:rolleyes:

BTW...No personal offense is intended or implied..Enjoy your next cruise :D

Here's one I would change, and I hope bringing this up doesn't make this thread go crazy.

I understand that they won't let you bring alcohol on board. But I wish RCI would institute a program like Celebrity or most of the other lines, where you can purchase a bottle to have in your room. A couple years back, we had a large family cruise on Celebrity. And I know my parents always enjoy a nightcap in their room, so as a gift, I pre-ordered a bottle of Jack Daniels and it was waiting in their room. Definitely NOT a good deal, but an awful nice option.

I agree. HAL allows you to take on a couple of bottles of liquer and beer, why not the "nation of why not"? We would have liked to have a drink on the balcony without having to pay to pay through the nose for it.

We are just off the IOS and I really liked the tub in part because the drain was so slow that ones shower became a bit of a bath! :eek:

N.

There you go, jumping to conclusions. Maybe I want to eat in the church basement.

Not. Perhaps I should wish for a separate dining room for all those who wish to dress according to the dress "suggestions" and leave the current MDR to those who don't care. Is that better?

You're confusing interpretation with an "I Don't Care Attitude"...You're welcome to eat anywhere you want..If I'm dressed up on a formal night and you're not...O.K. If you are too, then O.K...It doesn't matter and shouldn't to you either....Why is it we never hear any complaints from the guy dressed in a nice dress shirt and slacks about the Guy wearing the Tux..:confused: No need to separate anyone !!! Enjoy your next cruise..hope to see you in the MDR..:D

Things to drop:

a. the Rock Wall - once you've done it once what's the point?

Why would you do it in the first place, I can't even climb over the shower edge after partying the night away.

It is called exercise... I'm surprised you didn't suggest dropping the gym. A lot of space to be recovered there. It could be replaced with another bar.

Movies under the stars it is great to just relax out in the fresh air day or night, but night is better because of the beautiful stars you see up above get rid of the rock climbing wall, laundry is a must especially since you cannot pack heavy any more. bbq,s are great norweigan has those and they are nice. walk around promanade should be on every ship. great way to excersise after eating all that food.

Mini golf should go, agreed. We played 3 holes and were bored. Room for another Flowrider? Or at least make it a fun crazy golf.

Skeet shooting? What a beautiful idea! Easy I would have thought, just use lead free ammo.

Would love some outdoor dining.

Originally Posted by bigeagle12 viewpost.gif

my wife and i would love it if they offered 7 day cruises to nowhere. Love the days at sea where you see nothing but water and horizon in every direction.

Where do we sign?

We loved the rockclimbing wall

Here is what I want:

Smaller ships - nothing bigger than 100,000 tons

Bigger cabins

Free bottled water in the room

All CD stop telling 100 year old cruise jokes.

Get rid off Climbing wall

Reduce prices for spa

Reduce prices for pictures

Come up with some newer games

Free cappucinos after dinner

More juices choices

Pool towels by the pool - unlimited.

Archived