How many days late can you be with final pymt?

Riley's Mom

I couldn't get in touch with My PVP on final payment day. She called me the next day and i told her I was worried I would loose my room. She said that would never happen. THey have to call you before they give your room away unless you are WAY LATE. She said the Final payment date isn't HARD and FAST, more like a guideline.

I don't know if you knew this.. but Carnival has a new feature now where they can automatically charge your credit card on the 'final payment' date. This may help you, it may not.

It was something that wasn't available for my October 09 cruise, but was available when I booked the next one back in December.

I would not rely on the board here to answer for sure - like others say, definitely call Carnival - I am sure they will work with you. I personally know of a situtation where the person was 3 days late and Carnival did indeed give away their cabin, they did not lose the cruise though. They were told that everything is laid out in the contract and they did not meet the requirements. This is truly the only time I ever heard of this happening and it was about 4 years ago. With the economy the way it is I think they work with cruisers as much as they can. So call for sure. Your TA cannot guarantee this won't happen on Carnival can.

I am going on my first ccl cruise with another couple,,thier first cruise ever. I was walking him through filling out the paperwork online (we booked online without an agent or a PVP) and we discovered he was 3 days late for his final payment. He had never gotten an email or anything. He jsut made the payment, filled out his paperwork, and we are good to go.

I am going on my first ccl cruise with another couple,,thier first cruise ever. I was walking him through filling out the paperwork online (we booked online without an agent or a PVP) and we discovered he was 3 days late for his final payment. He had never gotten an email or anything. He jsut made the payment, filled out his paperwork, and we are good to go.

Another poster said this happened to them and Carnival said they don't follow up (apparently they will no longer send emails or reminders) - that it is up to you. I just put it on my calendar and paid when due.

I know for myself, I was able to get an extension for 7 days, because I had a family emergency. My PVP told me the longest she has seen an extension done for was 10 days. My PVP did say that they like to try and reopen the rooms that have not made final payment as soon as possible since some people wait to book right after final due date for some of the best rooms are then available.

When I called, the lady on the phone said they don't give extensions per se, but they will call/e-mail you as a reminder and give you a new deadline. But, I got a feeling she didnt know what she was talking about. I paid 2 days late-wasn't an issue. I echo everyone else-I would call.

On my last 2 cruises with carnival, I waited for final payment day to pay up, and never received any sort of reminder email or call from my PVP that payment was due. Maybe he would have contacted me if I was about to lose my cabin. I didn't know there was any leeway on the final payment date.

Once we were on a combo land/cruise trip around the time that final payment was due. I had not marked it on our calendar, so I was oblivious to the date passing (which occurred a few days prior to even leaving town)! By the time we got back there was a message on our answering machine to call them. The message was left around the one week late point. By the time I called them back the final payment was approaching 3 weeks late. I was quite worried that our cabin had gone "back into the mix", but was surprised/pleased to discover that it had not been canceled. WHEW !!

YMMV

Tom

Archived