Help Needed ASAP- corner cabins on M Clas

travelingmom37

I have long coveted the corner aft cabins on the M-Class Celebrity cruises. These are the big cabins with a huge wrap around verandah.

Finally snagged (holding) one I can afford but we are very concerned about the noise being directly below the sunset aft bar/outdoor eating area. Literally just below the buffet on 10.

Please let me know if yoyu have stayed in one of these corner cabins on the 9th deck. Also, is it adequate for a family w/ two teen girls.

PLEASE ADVISE ASAP, i need to choose between this and our standard one balcony and one inside cabin.

I have long coveted the corner aft cabins on the M-Class Celebrity cruises. These are the big cabins with a huge wrap around verandah.

Finally snagged (holding) one I can afford but we are very concerned about the noise being directly below the sunset aft bar/outdoor eating area. Literally just below the buffet on 10.

Please let me know if yoyu have stayed in one of these corner cabins on the 9th deck. Also, is it adequate for a family w/ two teen girls.

PLEASE ADVISE ASAP, i need to choose between this and our standard one balcony and one inside cabin.

My brother had one of those cabins (I'm assuming you are referring to a Family Verandah on Deck 9). The only thing I would do (if you have a choice) is to select the corner that is on the starboard side, as that is the non-smoking side. But my brother had the one on port side and said he didn't notice any particular problems with smoke (but they were on an Alaska cruise, in case that make sany difference).

You might expect a little bit of noise from chairs moving in the early AM. We stayed on deck 9 midship once and did hear some noise from chairs and running on the pool deck above. My comments are that it was noticable enough that we'd prefer a lower deck if all things were equal but not so bad that we'd take a pass on the room for a lesser one in a quieter location. My final comment on that is that we too are booked on a 9th floor aft, one of the CC rooms, on our upcoming cruise which we selected over a mid ship CC room on a lower floor.

As for room for two teenage girls - personally I'd prefer the two rooms (for the second bath and added privacy) to the one larger cabin unless that balcony is really important to you. Also - make sure you understand how they situate the beds. The FV cabins are large but when I've visited them I noticed that although there are two sofa beds they are opposite each other so I couldn't see how they could open both at one time. But perhaps I was missing something.

If traveling with two teenagers, I would definitely book an inside cabin for them just to gain a second bathroom and some privacy.

That slider between the two sections of the FV room provides little privacy. If the girls sleep in the FV with you, they will be walking right by the foot of your bed whenever they go to or from the bathroom or closet.

Also, if you book an inside cabin for them they will each have a comfortable bed instead of needing to sleep on a couch. (But the importance of that will vary depending on the teenager. I know some who can sleep well anywhere.)

Thank you all for your great input. We are of the same mind in regard to the bathrooms which is why we always do two cabins. There are no available inside cabins anywhere near the aft corner. It would be ideal but none exist for this sailing. Must decide by tomorrow.

Additional comments/ideas are welcome.

thanks again:D

This is my all time favorite cabin (altho I prefer the one on deck 8). You will get a little noise from chair movement early in the AM as another poster mentioned, but for me, it would be worth it for this cabin.

There are two sofa beds near the veranda door. At least one is not the standard pull out bed. It's a "flip" bed (kind of hard to explain). You have to see them to believe them. I just can't recall if they are both flip beds. But I think the area works well for two people sleeping on separate beds, even teens.

One of the things I like about this cabin for families is that there is a nice divider between the main bed and the sofa beds. Adds a bit of privacy. There is also a long hallway that is part of this cabin that makes for great storage space.

Plus, the veranda. What can I say? It's the best non-suite veranda there is. You could have the teens sleep out there if they wanted.

Best of luck with whatever you decided. If it were me, I'd take it!

We are of the same mind in regard to the bathrooms which is why we always do two cabins. There are no available inside cabins anywhere near the aft corner. It would be ideal but none exist for this sailing. Must decide by tomorrow.

Additional comments/ideas are welcome.

Just a few things to consider if booking the FV:

- Whether or not your daughters are mature, savvy and trustworthy enough to let them sleep in their own cabin if it is further away from you.

- If not, then whether or not it is worth giving up the extra cabin space, second bathroom, and some of your privacy in exchange for a bigger balcony.

- How you will feel if you sacrifice the additional cabin space and second bathroom to book all four of you into the FV, and then your daughters end up spending most of their time elsewhere on the ship with new friends instead of using your balcony.

Remember that you will have a much larger balcony only one deck above. That one runs the full width of the ship and provides even more expansive views, plus convenient access to food and beverages, The only downside to that one is that it must be shared with others. ;)

Thank you all for the sage advice. In the end, I gave up 9156 but did get the second biggest verandah, the one next to it, one floor down. Our kids are right next to us in the inside cabin ( recently opened up). The bathroom was the main issue, while I did forgo my fantasy cabin, I believe we have "the best of both worlds".:D

Archived