Waterproof mascara

MaiTaiMary

Avon has a very nice washable waterproof mascara. I got a couple new ones last week on clearance. Only spent 2.99 a piece. It washes off with soap and water (or you can use make up remover) but stays on in water. Look on avon.com under their clearance or sale section.

I swear by L'Oreal Lash-Out waterproof formula. It's made by Lancome, who in a lot of experts' opinions makes the very best mascara. I love that it absolutely does not flake off, so important if you wear contact lenses. You can usually get it at Target for a up to $2 cheaper than in a drugstore or grocery store.

I recently bought Maybelline for my upcoming cruise at the end of the month. Sadly my makeup remover clothes that are suppose to remove waterproof make up don't take it off (good thing I tested at home). What do you use to remove waterproof mascara? I wear contacts, so I am worried about anything to greasy.

I use the Lancome eye makeup remover in the light blue bottle (you need to shake it to mix the ingredients). It is kind of expensive, but it is great at getting off waterproof mascara.

I take out my gas permeable contacts, take off my eye makeup with the remover on a cotton pad, then use another cotton pad with water to take off the remover and any remaining makeup.

When I use the waterproof Maybelline, which is extremely rarely, I use their makeup remover for it. Their regular oil-free remover will not touch it. I also wear contacts and have no probems with either, but then I don't remove my mascara at night. My morning shower get most of it. :)

I recently bought Maybelline for my upcoming cruise at the end of the month. Sadly my makeup remover clothes that are suppose to remove waterproof make up don't take it off (good thing I tested at home). What do you use to remove waterproof mascara? I wear contacts, so I am worried about anything to greasy.

I also use Maybelline Waterproof mascara. I use cold cream to take it off. It works very well...but it might be too greasy because of your contacts. I tried a few other make up removers and I felt like my eyes were raw by the time the mascara was off. The cold cream is a lot more gently on my skin. :)

Just a thought. I don't like waterproof mascara at all, it always causes problems with my contacts. I go to a spa and have them tint my lashes black and it looks AWESOME. It lasts for about 6 weeks or so. I'm blond, so my lashes are practically invisible but WOW when they get tinted they are amazing. I don't wear any mascara at all. Up in the am, out of the pool etc. they always look good. It costs about $25, and I only do it for vacations or cruises, not all the time. The only thing I found was that for some reason my lashes are harder to curl when they are tinted but if I heat my eyelash curler with my blow dryer first and then curl it makes all the difference.

I LOVE L'oreal Double Extend mascara. it's tube technology, so the tubes come off with soap and water. They look like little spider legs in the sink when they come off.

I have naturally black lashes, but short. This mascara makes them look long!

I am also a big fan of the Loreal Double Extend mascara but I didn't think it came in a waterproof formula? I can't see it holding up during swimming, etc. It is my favourite though.

It sounds like a product I used 20 years ago which was amazing called Effie. It wasn't labelled as waterproof because of the way it worked (covered your lashes in a rubberized material); there was not flaking nor smudging.

Kathy:)

I don't know if this is something you would consider but often times instead of using waterproof mascara which is hard to remove and often times results in lost lashes I use a clear mascara in the summer time. It gives your lashes length, volume, and curl like a regular mascara and defines their natural color a little but doesn't make a mess when you get in the water! Just something to consider!

• 3 weeks later...

I love L'oreal mascaras but I tend to rub my eyes and find that ANY mascara causes black smudges. I have been using the Double Extend Mascara Tubes for over a year and I LOVE it! While it may not stay on in the pool - at least it comes off very very clean with no black stuff running. Its like little fibres that wash right off. I think warm water takes it off though so cold may be ok and you can always re-apply super easy. I think its the raccoon look you're wanting to avoid :)

I love L'oreal mascaras but I tend to rub my eyes and find that ANY mascara causes black smudges. I have been using the Double Extend Mascara Tubes for over a year and I LOVE it! While it may not stay on in the pool - at least it comes off very very clean with no black stuff running. Its like little fibres that wash right off. I think warm water takes it off though so cold may be ok and you can always re-apply super easy. I think its the raccoon look you're wanting to avoid :)

I bought a tube last week and tried it -- no smudges! Love it.

Thanks to all for the tip.

Kathy:)

Archived