VIP for Carnival Miracle from NY

snowy owl

Question: How does the VIP check in work for Carnival out of the NY cruise terminal. I will be cruising on the Miracle June 16 2010.

I was just approved for VIP with all my old cruises. I had to send in picture from my Mardi Gras days. Talk about a good laugh. I was a teenager.

• 1 month later...
We were in a Cat 11 on Miracle last April out of Manhattan so we used VIP. There is a separate line when you arrive and there's also a separate check in.

What time did they let VIP start boarding?? Also do you remember which pier you sailed out of ??

Bulldog

I think it was either pier 88 or 90? I can't remember, but it was a fairly easy port to deal with. I think we boarded around 12 and we were on board right after the wedding parties. There was a totally separate room for VIP.

I think it was either pier 88 or 90? I can't remember, but it was a fairly easy port to deal with. I think we boarded around 12 and we were on board right after the wedding parties. There was a totally separate room for VIP.

Do you know what time the VIP line/room opens ??

Bulldog

We arrive around 11:15 and there were already people there. But, I couldn't tell you specifically.

Do they hand out #'s in the VIP room for boarding ?? I am trying to be first in line at the excursion desk for a cabana at HMC.. Driving to port from Ct so can be there as early as it takes..

Thanks Bulldog

Bulldog - I would plan to arrive between 10:30 and 11. Earlier than that and you're likely to run into people disembarking. Last year when we sailed on Miracle, we had to go through the security line with everyone else, then we were sent to the separate VIP line. We arrived around 11:45 and were aboard a little after noon, and we could have boarded earlier. We still had plenty of time to reserve a cabana, though.

Bulldog - I would plan to arrive between 10:30 and 11. Earlier than that and you're likely to run into people disembarking. Last year when we sailed on Miracle, we had to go through the security line with everyone else, then we were sent to the separate VIP line. We arrived around 11:45 and were aboard a little after noon, and we could have boarded earlier. We still had plenty of time to reserve a cabana, though.

Thanks Kathy for the info.. Did you drive and park at the pier?? I thought I read that there was some construction going on and something about droping off luggage then having to circle around again to get to the parking entrance..

Bulldog

Do they hand out #'s in the VIP room for boarding ?? I am trying to be first in line at the excursion desk for a cabana at HMC.. Driving to port from Ct so can be there as early as it takes..

Thanks Bulldog

No, VIP's don't get numbers as we are all in the same waiting room and are led out as a group to board. Doesn't matter if you're first or not as you're all onboard before everyone else. So, getting to the excursion desk if it's open when you board won't be a problem (we've never noticed if it's open on boarding). Boarding time has more to do with how fast the previous cruisers debark, but I think we weren't onboard til about noon and we were among the first 15 or so of the VIP group.

Thanks Kathy for the info.. Did you drive and park at the pier?? I thought I read that there was some construction going on and something about droping off luggage then having to circle around again to get to the parking entrance..

Bulldog

The construction is finished, but if you wish to drop your bags off first at the pier entrance you will still have to exit the pier complex and circle back to enter the parking lot. We just drove directly up to the parking lot, then wheeled our bags to the elevator, going down one level to the pier entrance where we gave the luggage to a porter. Sometimes you will get lucky and there will be a porter on the parking level who can take it from you right there.

Archived