Adventure docking side

Lorey2007

We were just on the same cruise last month and except for St Thomas, the AOS docked on the Port side of the ship (left side if you are on ship and facing forward). Even in St. Thomas, even though the dock wasn't physically on that side, you still had a great view of the island. We lucked out and our room was on the port side.

CB, thank you for the correction. I just assumed that it would be the same. Maybe after a number of cruises, we would feel the same facing away from the dock however we really enjoyed the views of the islands especially in Dominica where rainbows were everywhere.

Have a balcony room with same itinerary as yours. Could you see the island when you came into port each day from a balcony? I'm on the starboard side...

Hello fellow Hoosier,

We too have a cabin on the starboard side for our upcoming cruise. My Sister and BIL are traveling with us and they have a room port side, so we'll have the option of hopping from the side to side.

we were on this cruise last May, had a balcony on port side and saw all the islands in the distance if you wake up early enough and then pulling into port. its absolutely gorgeous. i would assume as the ship pulls straight in you can see from the starboard side too, then as the ship turns to docks you might lose having a view depending on the island.

we were on this cruise last May, had a balcony on port side and saw all the islands in the distance if you wake up early enough and then pulling into port. its absolutely gorgeous. i would assume as the ship pulls straight in you can see from the starboard side too, then as the ship turns to docks you might lose having a view depending on the island.

What side did you dock on when in ports starboard or port side?

I thought that I had heard in Curacao that there is only one pier that can accommodate a ship the size of Adventure as there is a bridge that prohibits the ship from going to the other pier. We were docked with the port side to the pier here.

If someone else was docked another way, correct me on this.

What side did you dock on when in ports starboard or port side?

We have always taken a Starboard side balcony cabin and had great views.

Until: We did the both itinerary weeks on the AOS in December. Almost every docking, in every port, the best views were on the Port side of the ship. :rolleyes: :D

We docked Starboard side in St. Lucia. :D

I thought that I had heard in Curacao that there is only one pier that can accommodate a ship the size of Adventure as there is a bridge that prohibits the ship from going to the other pier. We were docked with the port side to the pier here.

If someone else was docked another way, correct me on this.

Yes, the Adventure docks outside of town and not in town as the Empress used to. The AOS docked Port side in Curacao.

Hello fellow Hoosier,

We too have a cabin on the starboard side for our upcoming cruise. My Sister and BIL are traveling with us and they have a room port side, so we'll have the option of hopping from the side to side.

You're lucky to be able to hop back and forth. We're on the 4/4 AOS departure. We'll make sure we leave the ship in great shape for ya!

Archived