When Do You Start Packing For Cruise...

bencruzN

I have a really good packing list that I use, so I don't usually pack until the night before I leave. I may start putting a few small items aside a week or so ahead of time, but the bulk of it is done the day before.

I have a staging area. A board in the living room. That I start laying stuff on when I think of it or am using and say that goes in the staging area. That way everything is in the same place.

So the answer is I start about a month out.

Derfette and I didn't forget anything.

bencruzn

i am laughing so hard ''AT MYSELF''.

for my first cruise, which i booked 11 months in advance, i had things in the suitcase the week after i booked.:eek: .

yes, i admit it, i am a pathetic ''' better early than late person ''' but really--i set a record for myself that time. i was just so darn excited to go on my first cruise. on the spare bed i had a open suitcase with things in it i picked up to make sure i wouldnt forget them. and half of the things i took i did not even need. i cruise again in may and i havent even picked out my clothes to take yet. so there is some hope for me this time i hope. but shortly i will start getting the room freshner, downey wrinkle releaser and all the extra film and batteries in the bag. i dont think it is ever too early to start if you have the urge to do it. and it is so exciting to see what you have gotten and still need to get. so you better get a move on !!! you only have 2 weeks :D . have a great time.

I have a really good packing list that I use, so I don't usually pack until the night before I leave. I may start putting a few small items aside a week or so ahead of time, but the bulk of it is done the day before.

Would you mind sharing your really good packing list? :)

I dont pack my CLOTHES until the day before... toiletries all that kind of stuff.. but as soon as I make the deposit payment I start looking for stuff, lol.... I'm a HUGE cabin/door decorator so I immediately start looking out for things that would be fun and unusual to use.. Of course I always keep my eye out for a special new outfit etc...

I start packing the day I return! We now book at least one cruise every spring so I have a drawer I keep cruise stuff in. I add to it as I buy stuff. I get the suitcase out and start organizing stuff in the spare room like a month out. I don't pack my cloths till the day we leave but they are all hanging up and ready to go.

I start about 5 days before, and put them aside somewhere and not in the luggage yet. I add things daily and place them in the luggage 2 days before the cruise as I like to tidy the house up the day before the cruise and not want to deal with packing.

Formal clothing, evening gown, cocktail dress, mens suit, dress shirts and ties go in the luggage the evening before the cruise to avoid additional wrinkles and toiletries I pack a week before.

Well, we are cruising in July, and I'm already starting to shop & pack. I've got a large carryon that as I buy things (waterproof cameras, bungee cords, etc) I just throw them in there.

As for clothes, I'll probably start looking to see what I (I mean the kids) need in June, and take it from there.

I follow the "staging area" plan too, except that with five kids in the house, it has to be a REALLY self-contained area!

A laundry basket works well for me. As I shop for the cruise, run across things we need or whenever I think about it (reference the "five kids in the house" mentioned earlier!), I just drop it in the basket. Of course, clothes are a different story--but since we're in Chicago, when we cruise in the winter I'm not using my summer clothes anyway. We leave for the Victory in a week (and one day), and most of my clothes for the trip are already folded on a closet shelf! Excited?? Who, me??? :p

I do mine either the night before and try to get anything last in the morning. But it is usaully done the night before. I never forget anything. I always have extra stuff I don't need. But sometimes a couple days before or a week before.

Guest Time2gocruzn

I am embarrased to admit this, lol. I have known for a year that I am taking this cruise. From the get go I have been grabbing stuff left and right. OH this would be good for the cruise..Oh I could use this...and this....and this....

I have a cupboard that I have been tucking things away in for a year now. Just the other night I though I would take everything out and see what I have (since it is so full it won't shut anymore). I have all kinds of crap in there, many handy things things that were suggested on this board (thanks!).

As far as the clothes..I am sure I will be dragging all that out pretty soon too. Like the other poster said no matter where I put it my kids will get to it and string it all over...so it will have to be an afternoon sometime soon when I send them to grandmas.

Just under a month and a half and I am ready to pack my bags, lol. Before this thread I though I was the only one, LMBO! Ahhh glad to know I am not the only one:) :)

My last cruise was in May of last year so when summer was over I packed all the clothes and stuff that I thought I might need for my next cruise,in May,in a seperate plastic bin.As I buy new things they go into the bin. So I guess you could say I started packing in Sept for my May cruise.It just makes it easier to find everything when I get the suitcases out!

Laura

I usually start packing about 2-3 weeks before using the staging area (An entire room actually) method. With all of the suitcases out and garmet bags hanging on the doors, then I spend the enite 2-3 weeks packing. but don't mistake this for preparing for the cruise. The shopping begins several months ahead of time!

I have a standard cruise packing list. A week or two before the cruise I modify the list for the exact pieces of clothing I'm taking. Laundry is done the night before the cruise, and packing usually starts around 9 or 10pm the night before we leave.

Two years ago, we didn't start packing until around 11pm or maybe even midnight. The in-laws were picking us up at approx 3 am to goto the airport. So I didn't even go to sleep; I "rested my eyes" for about a half hour.

DH already thinks I'm absolutely bonkers, visiting cc every day (multiple times). I can't imagine what he'd think if I started packing weeks before leaving!!!

I'm another early packer. I start collecting items as soon as I book a trip. I have a special drawer for just this event. As the date approaches I check my list to make sure I have everything. A couple days before it all goes into the suitcase. Leaving in three hours to catch a plane for a Cruise on the Miracle.

Archived