Where does Princess Port in St. Thomas

bntacruising

This will be my first cruise on Princess. I have always been on Carnival. It sounds like Princess does not dock in the same place as Carnival. I always get off the boat and go straight to the Red Hook Ferry to spend the day in St. John. Will this still be the best way to get there on my own. Wondering how far away Princess docks from Charlotte Amalie.

It is dependent upon how many other Princess (or Cunard or HA) ships are in port that day.

We docked at Crown Bay but also at WICO (downtown) due to the dock at CB already full with HA and QM2. WICO is a much better location anyway.

Need to check how many ships are in STT that day to know where you'll end up.

This will be my first cruise on Princess. I have always been on Carnival. It sounds like Princess does not dock in the same place as Carnival. I always get off the boat and go straight to the Red Hook Ferry to spend the day in St. John. Will this still be the best way to get there on my own. Wondering how far away Princess docks from Charlotte Amalie.

What ship are you on?

It is usually Crown Bay now.

Princess uses both docks. On our past two visits on the Grand we have docked at WICO.

Getting to Red Hook from Crown Bay shouldn't be a problem...it'll just take a bit longer.

What about when your ship is the only one in port that day? On our Emerald sailing at the end of this month, we are the only ship in St. Thomas. We will still be in Crown Bay?
It'll be more likely that you'll be in Crown Bay if you're the only ship in port.

Lew

Sorry I wasn't more clear. We are on the Emerald arriving @ 7 am on April 8th. How much farther to Red Hook than from Charlotte Amalie. Don't like the downtown taxi. Too much time on the small boat. I am afraid some on the trip may get sick. Red Hook is much shorter trip.

we were on the emerald 2/21 and our tour guide told us that oasis of the seas has to go to crown bay. and other ships to havensight.but you will be at crown bay. we ran into oasis in st. maarten, walking along beach back ship and you could not see any part of the emerald princess. it is huge and the pier and shops are jammed.

I was on the Ruby last Thursday in St Thomas and we docked at the WICO docks. The Emerald was also in port and docked at CB. The Emerald had arrived before the Ruby if that makes any difference. The taxi charge to Red Hook was $10 if you are interested.

Hey Bntacruising, we are on the same cruise and our cruise agent said we dock in Crown Bay. We have never docked there before, the last cruise we docked in Havensight, but the mall there is not too great. What kind of excursion do you have planned for St Thomas?

Sorry I wasn't more clear. We are on the Emerald arriving @ 7 am on April 8th. How much farther to Red Hook than from Charlotte Amalie. Don't like the downtown taxi. Too much time on the small boat. I am afraid some on the trip may get sick. Red Hook is much shorter trip.

Believe me you can make the 8am ferry from Red Hook to Cruz bay (seems like that is what you are trying to do) , with time to spare, especially if you have a group we have done it before, of course most were sick from the car ride, except for me because I lived in Tennessee so long and was use to driving around corners and mountains.

I remember getting off the ship (8 of us) walking up to a van and saying 8 to red hook and we need to make it by 8am, I asked if he could do it safely and he said yes.....we left at 7:33am and got out at red hook at 7:53 am - and I gave him an extra $20 dollar tip because we didn't have to wait until the 9am ferry.

have fun that was an interesting experience....just have everyone ready to run off the ship and have everything prepared.

Archived