Unused coffee card

hawkers

We have a coffee card from our Diamond Princess cruise in January. Can this be used on the Sun Princess or do different rules apply for the Sun and Dawn Princess ships? Thanks in advance!

Yes as long as they don't have the ship/date on them like the new ones do.

When did they start putting the ship/date on the coffee cards? I have one from my Jan. trip on the Grand and there is no ship/date on the card.

Debr

When did they start putting the ship/date on the coffee cards? I have one from my Jan. trip on the Grand and there is no ship/date on the card.

Debr

I didn't say they all had it......

It was mentioned by someone that just returned in the last 2 weeks.

Probably didn't help with everyone posting using them over and over.

I hope they don't date the coffee cards! Does the date imply the date of issue... or a date of expiry? Can anyone confirm this?

I didn't say they all had it...... It was mentioned by someone that just returned in the last 2 weeks.

Colo Cruiser... what do you mean by "posting using them over and over"?

Hopefully it just indicates when and where it was purchased and doesn't limit you to use on that sailing. Otherwise, you can definitely use an old card on another cruise, we always have been able to.

I hope they don't date the coffee cards! Does the date imply the date of issue... or a date of expiry? Can anyone confirm this?

Colo Cruiser... what do you mean by "posting using them over and over"?

It means it is good for the cruise you are on only.

Posters advertising the fact that the cards are used from cruise to cruise and passed on to others.

We are our own worst enemies.

I didn't say they all had it......

It was mentioned by someone that just returned in the last 2 weeks.

Do you by chance remember the post, so we can ask that person?

Debr

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1154196

Above is the recent thread that discussed the coffee card having a ship/date stamp. I am sailing on the Crown in a couple of weeks and intend to buy another card so will report on this.

Thanks for posting, always wonder why people question info like this?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1154196

Above is the recent thread that discussed the coffee card having a ship/date stamp. I am sailing on the Crown in a couple of weeks and intend to buy another card so will report on this.

Hi Carole- please report back to me on the state of the aft hot tub and Terrace Deck light bulbs, if you would. I just got the standard letter from Princess on my email to them (ie, sorry we were disappointed, your issues on the RUBY are being forwarded to the appropriate department, etc). The name of the ship (Crown) was in my letter and on every photo...I fired back that they were correcting a ship that didn't need it, and missing the ship that did. I am not hopeful that anything is being done...will be interested to hear your observations. Thanks!

On the Ruby last week, coffee card had hand written ship name and date.

I would guess this will happen on all ships soon. I really doubt Princess had intentions of selling one coffee card that could be used for years on different ships. ;)

Just off the Grand last Friday. Coffee cards did not have Ship name or date stamp.

Hi Sharon,

Plan on using my "no ship name" coffee card when I sail with you in Feb:) Are you packed:D

Debr

Actually, I was also on the Ruby cruise from 2/18 to 2/28 and think I can clarify a bit, as I spoke to the crew members working in the coffee bar about the coffee cards issue.

First, I brought on 2 cards with punches left from previous cruises. Unlike some who have posted on here, I do not reuse fully punched coffee cards to get the free coffee but, as suggested by the crew on previous ships, I will save my cards with unused punches to use on future cruises. I had no problem doing this on the Ruby.

However, when our "old" cards were used up and we bought a new one it was merely a photocopy of the traditional playing card style card and it was stamped with the ship's name and cruise dates on the back. When I asked about this I was told that this was merely because they had run out of coffee cards and had not received their new stock of cards as they were supposed to when we boarded, so they had to resort to the photocopy method. They said the stamp on the back was merely to authenticate the card to help prevent anyone from just using any random photocopy of a coffee card either on the Ruby or another ship. I was told that these photocopied cards would be usable on future cruises so long as they had unused punches remaining AND had the authenticating ship name and date stamped on the back.

Oh, and they did pick up new cards in St. Thomas (probably from the Emerald, which was in port with us.)

As always, I can't say with 100% certainty that some of us with these photocopied and stamped cards won't have some problem on future cruises if we happen to run into a crew member who is unaware of this, but the above is what I was told by the crew on the Ruby.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the clarification (I don't recall if you are Derrick or Chris). I will save my cards for next cruise.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you, but we were on the Tiami Cat together in Barbados but I didn't know it was you until after!

Judie :D

Thanks for the clarification (I don't recall if you are Derrick or Chris). I will save my cards for next cruise.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you, but we were on the Tiami Cat together in Barbados but I didn't know it was you until after!

Judie :D

Hi Judie,

Sorry we didn't meet you in person, either. The CC group was HUGE this cruise, and we kept running into new CC'ers at every turn it seemed.

We loved the Tiami Cat excursion, and Barbados. I'd like to go back there and explore the island more in the future.

Oh, and I'm Derrick. ;)

Archived