Main seating now at 5:30?

I believe the dining times vary by ship and itinerary. Monarch's early dining was at 5:45pm last month. I have read that ships in Europe have later dining times.

It probably does vary ship to ship. I double checked with RCI dining and confirmed that ours is 6 pm on the Serenade.

Does anyone know what time early dinner is on the Radiance?

Looking at our reservation information on the RCCL website ... its showing that early dining (which we have) is currently scheduled to be at 6:00 for our cruise. Jan

When I booked our next cruise for April 2011 in the Caribbean it also shows early seating to be 5:30. Think we may try the MTD on that cruise because 5:30 is too early & rushed if your coming back from port excursions.

Ships often adjust dining times to suit demand.

On certain itineraries at certain times of the year, there is a historical trend for passengers wanting to dine earlier or later.

When ships sail out of San Juan early in the season, they often have a large percentage of Puerto Rican pax who like to eat later than North Americans. So they adjust the dining hours later accordingly.

Ships that carry a high percentage of Spaniards or French pax usually start dinner a few hours later than ships that carry North Americans.

On other itineraries, with high numbers of oldsters, they have a habit of lining up for dinner at 3 or 4 pm.

The cruise lines accommodate them by opening the dining rooms earlier.

I was just reading a recent review of Freedom of the Seas and the main seating in the dining room was now at 5:30pm instead of 6pm. Is this a fleetwide change? That seems so early for dinner.

I originally signed up for early seating @ 6:00. Confirmations all said 6:00. Then RCI then changed it to 5:30. On the website it showed 5:30! :mad: I almost switched to MTD and lo and behold - it's back to 6:00. We will be on FOS March 21. Give it a bit in case they change it back.:)

Enchantment when sailing from Colon, Panama early is at 7 and I beleive late is 930. We are taking main...

They also have no restrictions on those sailings for when kids dine in Chops and the price for Chops is less on those sailings as well. (so at least 2 nights in there for me...)

I originally signed up for early seating @ 6:00. Confirmations all said 6:00. Then RCI then changed it to 5:30. On the website it showed 5:30! :mad: I almost switched to MTD and lo and behold - it's back to 6:00. We will be on FOS March 21. Give it a bit in case they change it back.:)

we're onboard FOS now ( B2B) and it was 6 PM both weeks. We were told by crew that the 5:30 the 2 weeks before we boarded was an accommodation to the unusually large number of older cruisers.

I was on FOS feb 14-21 and it was scheduled for 6:00 on our docs, then they changed it to 5:30. 5:30 sucks. Not that a half hour makes or breaks your cruise, but it really was too early. I think on this particular week it was the amount of children that made the change, and possibly the amount of 7:00 my time diners. We were finished by that time most nights...giving the staff plenty of time to get the mtd-ers out before late seating.

It was particularly upsetting the night we had to dress in formal wear for a 4:30 cocktail party.......with no water in our cabin. but thats another story! LOL

Archived