"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

hi radio

jaxflygirl here..leaving on Oasis April 3. This will be our 2nd east. car.cruise, last may was eastern on Freedom. Last year we went to Megans Bay and loved it but hear that Trunk Bay, St John is even more awesome and worth the trip. Any suggestions?

Also, we went to Orient beach in St. Martin last year, did a complete island tour also went to Maho. this year wondering about going back to Orient Beach or Pineal Island.

Thanks for your advice.

Glad you are having a great time. I am enjoying your ship photos! :)

lisa

Trunk Bay over at St. Johns is absolutely beautiful, well worth the trip. We went last Nov. from our NCL Dawn trip, and rented a car for the day and drove around the island. St. John's is a very beautiful island, with beautiful beaches! Here is a picture overlookig trunk bay.

1988559180_NCLDawncruisenov09094.jpg.715feb1767f379f66be6b382d6ef1f15.jpg

Thank you for this brilliant thread Radio. It has answered so many of my questions about the Oasis, one of them being does Central Park attract any wildlife. Great to see the butterfly. Any other wildlife spotted?

I didn't think I wanted to travel to FL from the UK again for another Caribbean cruise to islands i've already been to, when there are so many other itineraries to try, but I so want to be on that ship. :rolleyes:

LOL! I'm guessing you meant astronomy? It would be creepy if they brought you out to the helipad and read you your horoscope!:D

Ooops. . .

Thats what happens when I write a post at 430AM. . . You got me :o

Ouch. . .

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . The weather feels warm, but it is still overcast. There may not be many sunbathers today.

We are planning on Ice Skating this morning, and watching the Lallapallozza Parade (sp?) Before we arrive in Nassau. We still have get on the Zip Line and Rock Wall. . .

I can only imagine the thoughts of other cruise ship passengers, as this incredible Ship arrives in Nassau today !

Here are some pics from this morning. Pics from our arrival in Nassau wil be up later today . . .

Thanks for tuning in. . . This cruise is not over until I say so ! !

Radio

The Diamond Lounge on Deck 6 FWD

F11.JPG

There is a nice view of the Royale Promenade from the Diamond Lounge

F10.JPG

Will the sun come out today. . .

F6.JPG

It looks like it might be trying. . .

F7.JPG

I see a little clearing up ahead. . .

F8.JPG

I predict that hese pools will be filled with passengers later today !

F9.JPG

Radio, I'm confused........what shows have to be booked?? I'm just used to getting tickets for the ice shows, what other shows do you have to reserve on the Oasis?

Loving your pictures!

Patty

Hairspray, the production shows, the AquaTheater show, celebrity headliners, and the Comedy Club shows require reservations, which you can make on line before you leave for your cruise, but as others have said, if you do not have reservations and there are still seats available about five minutes before showtime (which is usually the case), you will be able to see the show. :)

Radio, I'm confused........what shows have to be booked?? I'm just used to getting tickets for the ice shows, what other shows do you have to reserve on the Oasis?

Loving your pictures!

Patty

There are no shows that MUST be booked, however you can get reservations for many shows on line prior to your cruise. . . You can Pre Book Hairspray, Oasis of Dreams, the Comedy Show(s), Frozen In Time (Ice Show)and Come Fly with Me.

This can be done 90 days before your sailing. But if you forget, there is no worries. You should be able to get to any show because there are alot of no shows.

If you are unable to pre book online. You can do so onboard at the Box Office.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hello everyone. . . The weather feels warm, but it is still overcast. There may not be many sunbathers today.

We are planning on Ice Skating this morning, and watching the Lallapallozza Parade (sp?) Before we arrive in Nassau. We still have get on the Zip Line and Rock Wall. . .

I can only imagine the thoughts of other cruise ship passengers, as this incredible Ship arrives in Nassau today !

Here are some pics from this morning. Pics from our arrival in Nassau wil be up later today . . .

Thanks for tuning in. . . This cruise is not over until I say so ! !

Radio

Radio, You've been doing an outstanding job this week. I might give a try starting in two weeks but you and TrainMan will be hard acts to follow.

Is the Zip Line first come forst serve? Or, is there a way to sign up a head of time?

Radio, You've been doing an outstanding job this week. I might give a try starting in two weeks but you and TrainMan will be hard acts to follow.

Is the Zip Line first come forst serve? Or, is there a way to sign up a head of time?

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I have been doing "LIVE" Posts for many cruises. . . Some can be found HERE.

You should pre sign your Waivers on Line before you board. Your waiver status will be embedded in you Sea Pass card. Then you just sign up for an appointment time once you board.

I read that the Waivers line is long on board. . So we pre signed waivers for Ice Skating, Rock Climbing, Zip Line, and Rock Wall several weeks ago.

Radio

;);)

Debbie,

Are you sailing on Feb 12,2011 on the Oasis? If I read that right, we have a roll call going for that sailing date. Feel free to join us.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1138087

Muriel

QUOTE=debshomespun;23534849]Trunk Bay over at St. Johns is absolutely beautiful, well worth the trip. We went last Nov. from our NCL Dawn trip, and rented a car for the day and drove around the island. St. John's is a very beautiful island, with beautiful beaches! Here is a picture overlookig trunk bay.

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I have been doing "LIVE" Posts for many cruises. . . Some can be found HERE.

You should pre sign your Waivers on Line before you board. Your waiver status will be embedded in you Sea Pass card. Then you just sign up for an appointment time once you board.

I read that the Waivers line is long on board. . So we pre signed waivers for Ice Skating, Rock Climbing, Zip Line, and Rock Wall several weeks ago.

Radio

;);)

Cool! All of our waivers are already signed so that's taken care of. Where on the ship do you go to sign up for an appointments for zip line and rock climbing? I was wanting to do the sign ups as soon as we come aboard on the 27th.

Thanks.

Cool! All of our waivers are already signed so that's taken care of. Where on the ship do you go to sign up for an appointments for zip line and rock climbing? I was wanting to do the sign ups as soon as we come aboard on the 27th.

Thanks.

Just go to the Wipe Out Bar to sign up for Zip Line, and go to the Rock Wall to sign up there for climbing. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio.

Thanks for the excellent tip. I have picked up so many tips and ideas from your post. Thank you for making it smooth sailing for us all.

Muriel

Radio

;);)

Radio, were you able to find out if Starbucks or Mondo serves chai? We're most likely going to be sailing on Allure, rather than Oasis, but I imagine if one ship has chai, the other will as well.

Love your posts and your photos.

We will be on the Oasis in November and my TA called yesterday and Nassau is now the first stop instead of the last. Works great as I would rather have two sea days in a row at the end of the cruise. Can't wait!

This is the Nov. 6th sailing - not sure about other sailings of if this is a permanent change. Someone else wrote in that St. Maarten and St. Thomas will be very crowded when we are there.

Ooops. . .

Thats what happens when I write a post at 430AM. . . You got me :o

Ouch. . .

Radio

;);)

LOL - I wondered the same thing and thought hmmm...do I really want to learn about astrology. :)

Seriously though, the stargazing class sounds really interesting.

There are no shows that MUST be booked, however you can get reservations for many shows on line prior to your cruise. . . You can Pre Book Hairspray, Oasis of Dreams, the Comedy Show(s), Frozen In Time (Ice Show)and Come Fly with Me.

This can be done 90 days before your sailing. But if you forget, there is no worries. You should be able to get to any show because there are alot of no shows.

If you are unable to pre book online. You can do so onboard at the Box Office.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was on the Oasis 3 weeks ago with 5677 guests. The only show that was always at capacity was the Aqua Show....you MUST make reservations for that one. All the other shows had plenty of empty seats for any last minute people. :)

How do you sign up for the star gazing thing on the helipad??? My husband would love that. We have 98 more days til we fly down there...YEAH!!! Also, I am still wanting to know about the tram and/or how to get to that location to take a picture of the ship from St Thomas?!

How do you sign up for the star gazing thing on the helipad??? My husband would love that. We have 98 more days til we fly down there...YEAH!!! Also, I am still wanting to know about the tram and/or how to get to that location to take a picture of the ship from St Thomas?!

From where you're docked I guess you'll need to get a cab over to Paradise Point Tramway near Havensight Mall, or you could just buy the excursion from the ship.

Thanks for the live report! I love reading them, even though I'm not even booked on the Oasis! ;)

Radio

;);)

Can you pre sign the waivers for all ships or just the Oasis? We are going on the Independence in 3 weeks. Also, how did you like Emerald Beach? We are thinking of going there. Thanks in advance! :D

Mary

Archived