"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

Radio, thank you once again for a fantastic trip. I almost feel as sad as if I were leaving the ship on the way home. After all the cruises I have been on, it is the worst feeling . I always get over it by booking another trip when I get home.

Thanks for the nice comments :rolleyes:

I really hate the last day. . . I really must try a B2B one of these days. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio

;);)

Thanks Radio for the live report and the Awesome pictures looking forward to the rest of them later on this week

We will be on her this October for our first B2B cruise

Karen:)

Radio

;);)

I am with you....But on different ship and itinerary....I think doing the same thing twice would be a little boring....Just Me!

Mike

OK, Mark.....Do they call you Radio at home and does " MRS RADIO " like being called that.....Does she think your Nuts doing what you do for all of US?

On the Bermuda cruise, I am sooo interested.....one of the next cruises I want to do next year so I will be following your posts....I take it, it is an overnight port? If I can ask.....what was the final cost for posting....roughly...I would love to do on one of my cruises in the future....Not sure if I saw.....How was the CL......Crowded? Bartender? Concierge?? Good, Bad, Overwhelmed?

Thanks for the great Vacation......What room where you in and the Merry go round....what is a good time when nobody is on....I'm 51 and do not want tooo many people to see me :eek:

Thanks Again!!!!

Mike

Thanks for you wonderful pictures and commentary. This is the second virtual cruise on the Oasis, the other being by Trainman-2. I am evenmore excited about booking one on the Allure next winter (since I need a Sunday ship, rather than a Saturday one).

On another thread, wondering about what changes they may make in the Allure, someone suggested that Boardwalk be eliminated because nobody ever used it. (Of course, the change is impossible, it is much too late to make that massive a change on the Allure.

My question is, how busy is Boardwalk and then the Aqua Theatre (which I suppose doesn't really need Boardwalk for its existence?

Looking forward to the rest of the pictures and comments and maybe we'll see you on the Allure next January. (BTW, if we do that we will likely do a B2B.

Alan

Thanks Radio for taking us on this cruise with you it does seem like we are with you as you share your vacation with us. I have followed your live reports for quite awhile and always look forward to them. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Have a safe trip back and see you on the seas.

I'm soooo sad you had to get off :(

This means my Virtual Cruise if over.:mad:

Thanks for the pre-view, it was a wonderful trip!!!

Thanks to Mrs. Radio for letting you do this for all of us.

Have a Safe trip home.

I will be awaiting the rest of your pictures.:D

Thx Krickett

Capt Ryan mentioned to us at one of the parties that the Oasis (when we were on the Explorer 2/5) would be in st thomas with us the next day. when everyone got all excited he said that she would be docking in crown bay as havensight had not finished dredging for her and some kind of bouy thing. Not sure on that. I know he said he thought she would be moving later this year to havensight.

There was a problem with getting the dredging completed on time. I'm not sure of the exact date, but I thought I read that later this year the Oasis of the Seas will be berthed at her Contracted Port near Havensight.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I will provide a "Report Card" later this week. . .

Overall, I thought it was a great cruise, and a great ship.

There are a few things I would change. . .

Radio

Thank you both for the reply. I would really dislike docking at Crown Bay instead of Havensight. When I first heard where she was docking I didn't really care as I thought that I would never be booking this ship. But after reading this, and other accounts, I have to say that I am considering it.

I am very much looking forward to your "report card" Radio. And thanks for this thread.

Thanks for you wonderful pictures and commentary. This is the second virtual cruise on the Oasis, the other being by Trainman-2. I am evenmore excited about booking one on the Allure next winter (since I need a Sunday ship, rather than a Saturday one).

On another thread, wondering about what changes they may make in the Allure, someone suggested that Boardwalk be eliminated because nobody ever used it. (Of course, the change is impossible, it is much too late to make that massive a change on the Allure.

My question is, how busy is Boardwalk and then the Aqua Theatre (which I suppose doesn't really need Boardwalk for its existence?

Looking forward to the rest of the pictures and comments and maybe we'll see you on the Allure next January. (BTW, if we do that we will likely do a B2B.

Alan

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

The Boardwalk had a lot of use on my cruise. I will say however, that it never seemed crowded.

I never saw a line for the Merry Go Round, and they had several Carnival type games there during sea days (ring toss, duck float tubs) for kids.

The Aquatheatre seemed to be Non functional for most of the cruise. They had Water fountain Music shows, and the Oasis of Dreams show, and several movies.

Radio

Hello everyone. . . I am starting to edit all of the 100’s of images I took from the week, and here are a few pics from my cabin. (14568)

It was a very nice cabin, and I like the way that our cabin was configured. (Bed near the balcony)

The doors opened outwards (Toward the Hallway), and our cabin stayed very cool all week.

Radio

TV and Desk Area

MC3.JPG

Sofa and Table

MC10.JPG

View from the Balcony

MC12.JPG

Closet area

MC21.JPG

Deck 14 Balcony

MC19.JPG

Deck 14 Hallway Just outside my cabin

MC22.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

Bathroom / Cat D6

MC4.JPG

Bathroom (The sink was very small)

MC5.JPG

Bathroom storage area

MC6.JPG

This Bar seems to be a foot rest in the shower.

MC25.JPG

Towel Area

MC2.JPG

My Cabin / Cat D6 14568

MC9.JPG

For taking time out of YOUR vacation to post real time along with the pics.

We are looking at the Allure now, because the OASIS looks like a great ship and I don't get a sense of you being crowded while cruising last week.

This is the most wonderful thing, this bar is a footrest for women while shaving their legs.........did Mrs. Radio not shave her legs all week?

This Bar seems to be a foot rest in the shower ?

MC25.JPG

This is the most wonderful thing, this bar is a footrest for women while shaving their legs.........did Mrs. Radio not shave her legs all week?

Ha ha. . .yes :o

Radio

;);)

Thanks for letting us relive our January Oasis cruise. Wow what a ship!!

Going on new Carnival Dream next week and will let you know how we like it.

However we are not picky and as long as we are cruising we are happy.

Nice. . . Carnival Dream is my my list for ships to sail on soon !

Have a Great Cruise ! !

Radio

;);)

>SNIP<

Hopefully, you will do a live post for Bermuda. I will be looking for it. I have been wanting to cruise to Bermuda but my husband has heard not so good things about crossing the Atlantic. We are limited to the summer months since I am a teacher or spring breaks which usually occur in late March or sometime in April.

I always do a "LIVE" Post on every cruise. Join me for my next "LIVE" from the Explorer of the Seas on May 8, 2010.

Radio

;);)

Radio, this is the first report of yours I've read. I came on here to research the Oasis, as my DDs saw a brochure I have on it - and are begging for me to take them. :)

I have to say your report and pictures were wonderful. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your trip. You really make it feel like being there, and it is a shame to see it come to an end.

Deb

Thanks Deb for the very nice comments. . . I have done many "LIVE" Reports. . . . Some of them can be viewed HERE.

Radio

Radio,

Once again you have thrilled us with your LIVE daily reviews and photos - Thanks for taking the time to allow us to tag along with you on your cruise. I've enjoyed all of your pictures and some of the prized ones are those I have not seen before or even from the angle you took them.

One question that I have is about the night stands next to the beds. Are they moveable? They seem small and I was wondering if I could switch with the one that's in the middle of the cabin as it would allow for a larger surface for a CPAP machine that I use at night. Also, is there really an outlet behind the bed?

Thanks, and have a safe trip home.

George

Radio,

Once again you have thrilled us with your LIVE daily reviews and photos - Thanks for taking the time to allow us to tag along with you on your cruise. I've enjoyed all of your pictures and some of the prized ones are those I have not seen before or even from the angle you took them.

One question that I have is about the night stands next to the beds. Are they moveable? They seem small and I was wondering if I could switch with the one that's in the middle of the cabin as it would allow for a larger surface for a CPAP machine that I use at night. Also, is there really an outlet behind the bed?

Thanks, and have a safe trip home.

George

Thanks George. . . There will be many more pics that I will upload throughout the week. Be sure to stop back for updates. . .

Yes the table can be moved, and there is an outlet behind the bed near the center of the cabin.

Radio

;);)

Radio, we followed your report every single day. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

I have seen your Liberty of the seas video about 10 times and love it. Would you be posting a video of the Oasis as well once you get home?

Archived