"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

Thanks Radio.....our vacations are all about "NO PLANNING" so there's no way I'd want to book shows before we're on the ship. How would I know what I want to do when?? LOL I'll take the chance that we can go and see a show whenever we feel like it.........LOL

The same goes for me. There is no way that I could plan when I want to go to a show before I even leave home. Maybe that is why there are so many no-shows.

Welcome home Radio.

Thanks for the vicarious cruise. If we meet on the real one (for us) in May, the first drink is on me.

Safe home.

A nice cup of Starbucks will do fine for me ! :rolleyes:

Are you sailing on May 8th also ?

Thanks for the nice comments. . . .

Bermuda is one of my favorite ports !

She has alot of charm, and is very beautiful, and very safe.

Radio

;);)

Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU from here in Middle England to Radio (and Mrs Radio) for the fantastic reports and photos this past week !!!

I shall look forward to following your "Live from Explorer" thread in May !!!

Thank you so much for sharing your Vacation with us all...

Have a Safe Journey back Home...

Thank you for all you have done! I asked this before but I know there have been so many posts, you may not have had time to read each and every one of them.

How do you sign up for the star gazing thing on the helipad??? My husband would love that. We have 97 more days til we fly down there...YEAH!!! Also, I am still wanting to know about the tram and/or how to get to that location to take a picture of the ship from St Thomas?

Thank you for all you have done! I asked this before but I know there have been so many posts, you may not have had time to read each and every one of them.

How do you sign up for the star gazing thing on the helipad??? My husband would love that. We have 97 more days til we fly down there...YEAH!!! Also, I am still wanting to know about the tram and/or how to get to that location to take a picture of the ship from St Thomas?

The Stargazing will be scheduled in your Daily Compass. . . There were 2 times it was listed (Wed 730PM and Thurs 8PM) It may have been listed previously.

When I return home I will scan each day of the Daily Compass, and review them.

We met at the Mondo Coffee Bar on Deck 5.

The Tram to Paradise Point is near Havensight Pier. (Hopefully Oasis will be docked there by the time you cruise)

I will review the pics you mentioned, and tell you were I took them.

Radio

;);)

Radio:

I have read all your live posts and once again you have outdone yourself. Truly I thank you for taking the time to think of others like myself that will be cruising in November on Oasis, and those that might have been thinking about it. Your unselfishness makes all of us out here very happy and much more informed than we would have been otherwise. Just a great big THANK YOU and cannot wait to hear about the Explorer to Bermuda as that is one that we have been looking at also. :):):)

Hi Radio,

Thank you so much for your thread on the Oasis of the Seas. I have enjoyed looking at the great pictures. Our cruise is not until Feb 2011. Being able to learn so much about this cruise ship with your posts, will really help us find our way on that ship. So glad to hear that they have Starbucks coffee onboard. I love Starbucks. I am looking forward to viewing the rest of your pictures once you have time to put them on here. Hope you and Mrs Radio had a great time on your vacation. It was so nice of you to take the time out of your vacation to post about this wonderful cruise ship.

Hello everyone. . . I made to Lake Mary, Florida at about 3PM. The traffic was not bad coming north (Up the FL Turnpike)

We left the ship at about 940AM. I usually like to leave very late. . . When I leave the ship, I always kind of joke with Security on the way out. . .When I asked them “ Am I the last one off today ?“ They suggested that there were still 72 passengers still on the ship.

I was able to get a lot of pics from several balcony Cabins and Suites on Oasis. . .I will be posting them later. I was able to get some from B2/C2/JS/GS/OS/CL/SL cabins.

We walked down the gangway and then about 50 yards to the escalator, inside Terminal 18. When we got to the Baggage Claim area, I thought we would be there a long time. There were hundreds of passengers claiming their luggage.

It went very quick though. . . There were about a dozen Customs Agents processing everyone. Mrs. Radio was very happy when they agreed to stamp her new passport. (The normally don’t offer a stamp except for Non US citizens)

All in all it was very quick. . .Walked into the terminal at 940AM, and I was in my car by 10AM. Nice. . . . Thanks RCI. . .this process was very smooth.

My hotel is very close to the AutoTrain Terminal (Sanford, FL). My train will arrive Lorton, VA on Monday, and then it is a short drive home (70 miles)

Here are a few pics from early this morning, and Debarkation. I will try to have some more pics tomorrow.

Most of the pics wont be ready until later in the week. It is much, much easier to edit and upload pics from home, than it is to process them on a ship or train.

Thanks for all of the nice comments. . . And thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Port Everglades very early this morning.

G2.JPG

We ease into our spot at Terminal 18

G6.JPG

There are not too many people up right now, but everyone will be awake very soon.

G3.JPG

The sun starts to come up, for a new day with new passengers

G7.JPG

I would love to be in here right now. . .

G16.JPG

The New passengers that board this ship today will be amazed !

G18.JPG

Here are a few more pics from Debarkation. . .

Radio

I didn’t want to see this sight of the Gangway. . .But I guess I have to leave, but I won’t say goodbye.

G20.JPG

We head down the gangway into Terminal 18.

G22.JPG

Wow, I thought that the Baggage Claim area might have been cleared out by now.

G23.JPG

The lines are moving very fast. . . The Customs Agents are good !

G24.JPG

We have a covered walkway to our car. . .

G31.JPG

My final view of Oasis of the Seas. I am sure our paths will cross again !

G32.JPG

That was amazing!!! Thank you sooo much for those amazing pictures!

I am so excited to see you will be heading to Bermuda on ExOS, as hubby and I just booked that for this coming October. Its our first cruise in 10 years, and our first RCI since 1995 on Nordic Empress. :eek: We are way overdue!!!

Glad you had a great trip!

Radio,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Oasis cruise with us. It's been a lovely trip that I look forward to experiencing myself next February/March. :)

Now that you've completed your cruise, would you mind sharing with us your favorite cruise(s) and why? Specific ships, different lines, best looking, most fun, etc. Anything goes... just interested in your thoughts. THANKS!

Michele

The Stargazing will be scheduled in your Daily Compass. . . There were 2 times it was listed (Wed 730PM and Thurs 8PM) It may have been listed previously.

When I return home I will scan each day of the Daily Compass, and review them.

We met at the Mondo Coffee Bar on Deck 5.

The Tram to Paradise Point is near Havensight Pier. (Hopefully Oasis will be docked there by the time you cruise)

I will review the pics you mentioned, and tell you were I took them.

Radio

;);)

Do you know why Oasis is currently using Crown Bay?

Capt Ryan mentioned to us at one of the parties that the Oasis (when we were on the Explorer 2/5) would be in st thomas with us the next day. when everyone got all excited he said that she would be docking in crown bay as havensight had not finished dredging for her and some kind of bouy thing. Not sure on that. I know he said he thought she would be moving later this year to havensight.

There was a problem with getting the dredging completed on time. I'm not sure of the exact date, but I thought I read that later this year the Oasis of the Seas will be berthed at her Contracted Port near Havensight.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Our many thanks Radio and Mrs Radio for sharing your vacation with us. I am sure I am not alone in wondering about your final thoughts after this trip. How does this compare to your other trips? Is the Oasis just too big?

I will provide a "Report Card" later this week. . .

Overall, I thought it was a great cruise, and a great ship.

There are a few things I would change. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived