TV input on IOS?

Hi ,

Anyone know if there is any input jact to the TV in the stateroom aboard the IOS (we will be staying in the PR cabins) ? If yes, anyone has any success of using it? We are planning to bring a DVD player for the kids to play movie, ideally we can connect it to the TV.

Thanks

Fleetwide all inputs are disabled...Dvd players are only in GS and above..Unless you plan to use a battery pack don't bother bringing yours..Your kids will enjoy the cruise anyway, some childrens programing will be on the TV....

Just a suggestion but what about personal dvd player or a laptop with a dvd option?

Personal dvd players with between 7" to 9" screens are fairly inexpensive these days.

Just for comparison look at the prices at BestBuy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Blu-ray-DVD-Players/Portable-DVD-Players/abcat0102008.c?id=abcat0102008

The players average around $100

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies ... I have read somewhere in another thread that there is indeed input jack for the TV (Samsung?) they are just disabled and if you have your own universal remote you can program to get them activate . And that was the reason why I was asking ? Just that sometimes it would be less strained to the eyes watching 20+in vs 10" on a portable player .

I would bring the universal remote and a laptop just in case. That way if the remote doesn't work then you can use the laptop to watch the movies. Plus you have the added bonus of being able to check mail and get on the web when in port.

Hi ,

Anyone know if there is any input jact to the TV in the stateroom aboard the IOS (we will be staying in the PR cabins) ? If yes, anyone has any success of using it? We are planning to bring a DVD player for the kids to play movie, ideally we can connect it to the TV.

Thanks

If you make this work, would you please come back and post how you did it? I am bringing an X-Box on my Majesty cruise in June and plan to try the universal remote, but it sure would be nice to hear from someone else who has done it successfully!

Thanks!

Archived