Adventure Ocean: Potty trained and almost 3

sas80

According to the ship's "rules", at whatever age you board the ship, that's the age they consider you to be for the entire cruise... You can ask when you get onboard...they may say yes...it's possible, but not guaranteed.

While your child may not be allowed to participate in AO, they WILL be allowed in the pools, since they're potty-trained!

No guarantees -- it depends a bit on the staff/supervisor, how many children are on board/using AO, etc., but it definitely can't hurt to ask -- the worst they can say is no, but depending on the overall circumstances, they might have a bit of leeway in the rules. I've heard of children being let in a bit young or old with a 'one strike' proviso (ANY problem, and they're out), but nobody I've heard of who had been given that warning had any problems through the week.

Lol, you guys know me well enough to know that I am going to tell them she is 3 :D;)

I don't even know if she is going to be potty trained at that time. We're considering a 3 week med/Ta for the fall of 2011. This is the reason I was asking about the kids club and leaving them there in an earlier thread. Seems entirely selfish of us to drag them around Europe when they would have much more fun playing on the ship. We can take them back to Europe to sight see when they are old enough to appreciate it. Plus it would give us some time to be a couple again and actually feel the romance of Europe together. Romantic moments are few and far between with 2 toddlers, me in grad school and both of us working full time jobs.

If we cant do A.O. then we would consider hiring a babysitter to watch her (or both) all day.

Anyways, if we do go I will tell you how it all works out ;)

Lol, you guys know me well enough to know that I am going to tell them she is 3 :D;)

Uh, don't mean to put a pin in your balloon but you need a birth certificate (or passport) to board so they WILL know her exact age.

Uh, don't mean to put a pin in your balloon but you need a birth certificate (or passport) to board so they WILL know her exact age.

Uh, don't mean to pull your pin out of my balloon but they absolutely do not propagate such sensitive information ALL OVER the ship. Imagine the potential for identity theft, and the liability issues it would create, if they did.

Furthermore, I can GUARANTEE you that they do NOT know how old your child is when you arrange for babysitting at guest services. I brought my inflated balloon with me and have successfully booked babysitting for my kids, well before they were one, on many occasions, by lying and saying they were, in fact, one year old. If they don't check at that point I cannot see them checking at AO. I'm not saying that I know any better for a fact, but I am saying that they absolutely do not allow the general employee population access to your personal and sensitive booking information.

But thanks for your concern ;)

I brought my inflated balloon with me and have successfully booked babysitting for my kids, well before they were one, on many occasions, by lying and saying they were, in fact, one year old.

I see another post on this thread by crusinmama06 that states no child under three in the kid's club because of the liability insurance. I wonder if this same liability problem is why there is supposed to be no babysitting under the age of one?

I see another post on this thread by crusinmama06 that states no child under three in the kid's club because of the liability insurance. I wonder if this same liability problem is why there is supposed to be no babysitting under the age of one?

Probably.

crusinmama06 is my bad influence peer pressure"

But Sas, you know if you get in there and they let you, I wanna KNOW and hear all about it!

She could get me to smoke if we were kids in high school....I wouldn't slut myself out tho, I do have boundaries, LOL

<and she walks off happily carrying her still inflated balloon> ;)

Adventure Ocean does get a list of kids that are eligible for each age group and so does the teen programs. The teen counselors check kids names and mark their seapasses. There is someone stationed at the door of Fuel checking seapasses to make sure the yound teens don't get in with the older teens and vice versa.

As to whether they will check a list to make sure your almost three year old is on it, I am not sure. The only thing RCI is consistant with is their inconsistancy in enforcing their stated policies.

Uh, don't mean to pull your pin out of my balloon but they absolutely do not propagate such sensitive information ALL OVER the ship. Imagine the potential for identity theft, and the liability issues it would create, if they did.

Furthermore, I can GUARANTEE you that they do NOT know how old your child is when you arrange for babysitting at guest services. I brought my inflated balloon with me and have successfully booked babysitting for my kids, well before they were one, on many occasions, by lying and saying they were, in fact, one year old. If they don't check at that point I cannot see them checking at AO. I'm not saying that I know any better for a fact, but I am saying that they absolutely do not allow the general employee population access to your personal and sensitive booking information.

But thanks for your concern ;)

I am sure they will know their age...since they will probably need to have your information and room number for check in and out services. Which your child and DOB will be attached to.

The babysitting is probably different than the actualy child program on the ship.

If you booked Carnival you wouldn't have this problem..lol j/k ;)

Doesn't hurt to try when you get there..they make take you child the may not..worst case they won't but you will still have a great cruise.

I am sure they will know their age...since they will probably need to have your information and room number for check in and out services. Which your child and DOB will be attached to.

The babysitting is probably different than the actualy child program on the ship.

If you booked Carnival you wouldn't have this problem..lol j/k ;)

Doesn't hurt to try when you get there..they make take you child the may not..worst case they won't but you will still have a great cruise.

And that's my philosophy. This isn't nuclear waste disposal (you know, like wearing a swim diaper into a pool), it's a kids club. We'll see, we'll see, we'll see, and we will have a great cruise regardless ;)

Probably.

crusinmama06 is my bad influence peer pressure"

She could get me to smoke if we were kids in high school....I wouldn't slut myself out tho, I do have boundaries, LOL

<and she walks off happily carrying her still inflated balloon> ;)

HAHAHAHAHA ohhhh sure blame ME :p

I know that if anyone around here can get away with it, its you SAS. I think you have broken every rule just to see if it can be done. And no folks, its not the ones like the diapers in pools rule....

Sas will email a cruise line who doesn't make baby food and say she needs a special diet because she is bringing a guest who requires a PUREED meal. :D Genius! ;)

On this one. I think it can't be done only because of that pesky list. When we go to AO, I do remember the list of kids names. They scan the list for my kids when we go. They know who belongs in which group.

So you might be outwitted by a list this time SAS. But like you said, what will it hurt? It will make a funny story later, I'm sure. :D

Archived