non frozen alcohol drinks

My wife loves the daquris and frozen drinks, but after 10 or so :p her tummy gets a little funny from all the sugar. At home, she likes Mike's Hard Lemonade.

What would you all suggest for drinks to try that still have some kick, but aren't all ice or sugar?

I have the same problems - found that a really good Grey Goose martini doesn't bother the tummy :) Plus if you want "kick", it will kick you all the way to an aft cabin :eek::p:D Enjoy!

I have the same problems - found that a really good Grey Goose martini doesn't bother the tummy :) Plus if you want "kick", it will kick you all the way to an aft cabin :eek::p:D Enjoy!

I thought you were a Bloody Mary gal? I did the Martini on our last Navigator trip--> not for me. Still more of a beer guy, though those bloody marys were quite tasty. It also made us finally decide to get a hump section balcony room too.

I can't do really sweet drinks either--instant headache. I usually do vodka, club soda (don't like tonic but that could easily be substituted here) and a splash of cranberry or OJ (or both). I also like orange flavored vodka, club soda and a twist of orange--very refreshing!

We have the same problem, so we wind up asking for Diet Coke or Sprite Zero in our Grey Goose or Ketel One after we have a couple "Drink of the Day" or anything sweet. It definitely helps with the next day sugar headache. If I'm boring enough to stick to whatever and diet soda, I usually have no hangover at all. ;)

I do think I've seen Mike's or something very similar on the ships too. But I would think that has as much sugar as a regular soda if not more.

I thought you were a Bloody Mary gal? I did the Martini on our last Navigator trip--> not for me. Still more of a beer guy, though those bloody marys were quite tasty. It also made us finally decide to get a hump section balcony room too.

Nah, that was Rick :p Bloody Mary's are for the morning & then you gotta watch 'em - acids in the tomato juice can be killer...:eek: Smart choice on the hump!:D

A Lemon Drop made with Grey Goose and fresh lemon juice could be perfect for her. Completely delicious. Other choices: Sea Breeze, Cape Cod, Mojito, Mai Tai (only if made with fresh lime juice and no so-called "mai tai mix"), Key Lime Martini, Sour Apple, a real margarita (good quality silver tequila, fresh lime, and no pre-mix), fresh juice rum punch, Gimlet, various flavored martinis.

Oh man, I sound like a real lush. Blame my sister, who looked at my "drinking habits" (wine with dinner and a mixed drink once or twice a month) and said, "You know, you really need to mix up your options; you're going to on our next vacation." Our motto on that trip (including the cruise): If a drink is blue, it must be good. And they were.

beachchick

If they actually have Mike's that would be great! They didn't last year, but maybe they do now. Otherwise the lemondrop sounds really good. I leave in 48 hours for a long weekend "girls" trip, I'll let you know when I get back:) Tootts what was it last year that we were drinking at the Quest? Those were good too.

ROTFLMAO.....

I LOVE that thinking. Have to tell DH. He will laugh.

DH was making a regular martini and I wanted a cosmo, but I ran out of triple sec. So I scrounged through my bar and found some blue curacao, which is basically the same as triple sec. So I made my cosmo with it. It looked really, really weird. The cranberry juice and the blue curacao gave it a purple tinge but as I swirled the glass it went through red, purple and blue. It was pretty. And pretty tasty too!

So the next couple of times I made cosmos....they were blue!

ROTFLMAO.....

I LOVE that thinking. Have to tell DH. He will laugh.

DH was making a regular martini and I wanted a cosmo, but I ran out of triple sec. So I scrounged through my bar and found some blue curacao, which is basically the same as triple sec. So I made my cosmo with it. It looked really, really weird. The cranberry juice and the blue curacao gave it a purple tinge but as I swirled the glass it went through red, purple and blue. It was pretty. And pretty tasty too!

So the next couple of times I made cosmos....they were blue!

Have to laugh at that one - I did the same thing a few years back when I ran out of triple sec - subbed the blue curacao and had purplish/blue cosmos:D

Quality spirits, over ice, sipped slowly. Best stuff in the world. Takes a bit of getting used to, but once you remove all the sugary mixers, you can really enjoy the underlying drink.

Here, here Crown Royal on the rocks. Less filing, taste great and you can control the buzz:)

I agree, and if she wants just a little bit of sweet, go for a Grey Goose or Absolut Citron Cosmo !!! Lots of kick...not too much "fluff" !

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back a couple of days ago from the Monarch. I was with a friend not the hubby and we drank way more than we should have' date=' I enjoyed the frozen lemonades. YUMMMMYYY!![/quote']

What was in them?

i really like bacardi razz rum. it goes well with anything (in my opinion). I'm currently drinking it with pomegranate blueberry juice and sprite zero.

it's my liquor of choice (though I'm usually a beer or wine girl). it can go with lemonade, sprite, coke, iced tea, OJ... I've never mixed a bad drink with it.

I also saw a lot of talk about mojitos. When I vacationed in Vegas last summer, I turned out having strep throat (didn't find out until I was home, but was in major pain the whole time there). Mojitos were really soothing on the throat, and very tasty as well. Pomegranate mojitos were available at some locations, and they were even better! The mint is really refreshing.

I'm not a big fru-fru drinker, those are my recommendations :)

Just got off the Grandeur and really enjoyed the "Long Beach Iced Tea" Instead of coke, they use cranberry. I also asked for a splash of peach schnapps and they always winked- and I got the peach schnapps no problem:) They aren't too overly sweet and pack a lot of punch. I don't like drinks that are too sugary at the end of the night, and this worked well on my stomach.

I want to go back...

my all time favorite drink is a rasberry kamakazie. It's vodka, triple sec, rasberry laquour, and lime. It's sweet and tart at the same time, and it's AWESOME. It can be served on the rocks or as a martini.

As someone else suggested, lemon drops are also great. Sour, with a sugar rim.

And I really like a basic gin and tonic with extra lime. I think it tastes like grapefruit juice, but some people don't see that.

Archived