Zuiderdam VD Cabin ?

packedandready

I'd take any one of 'em! :) I guess I'd put 4044 as my last choice, as it looks out onto the landing area.

Do you realize they're all connecting cabins? Some people don't like having the door. And do you realize that the outer 1.5 ft of your verandah is exposed to view from above? The people at the railing in this pic are in a VD.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60199&d=1192653555

We've stayed in connecting cabins on RCCL and it wasn't a problem. I was ASSUMING it wouldn't be a problem here....am I right?

Is the extended balcony really a problem? Will we be seen if we've sitting on the balcony or just if we're standing at the railing. I thought I liked the idea of the balcony itself being a little larger, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm sooooooooooo confused about booking a cabin!!!!!!!! We want a balcony but didn't want to go any higher than a VD. With the VE's I'm dealing with the lifeboats. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG what to do, what to do???????

Is the extended balcony really a problem? Will we be seen if we've sitting on the balcony or just if we're standing at the railing. I thought I liked the idea of the balcony itself being a little larger, but now I'm not so sure.
You'll have 6 ft of verandah that is covered (which is all that the side VA/VB/VC have) where you won't be seen from above. I think a VD would be a fine cabin. On our last cruise we booked a VD guarantee but were upgraded to a VB, so I still have not stayed in one.

I'm sooooooooooo confused about booking a cabin!!!!!!!! We want a balcony but didn't want to go any higher than a VD. With the VE's I'm dealing with the lifeboats. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG what to do, what to do???????

You might also consider the VFs 5127 to 5138, which do not overlook lifeboats ... but only have a 4.5 ft deep balcony.

We had a VD aft as an upgrade once and it was one of the best balconies we've ever had. The extra room on the deck lets you stretch out a little more, especially when having a meal. Don't worry about the fact that the outside 1.5 feet are not covered--as long as you behave when standing at the rail.

We cruised in 4050 on the Zuiderdam. Loved the extra balcony room. In fact, we contemplated stealing a full-sized lounger from somewhere to use since we had room. (never were brave enough though :D)

I don't remember any trouble with noise.

Enjoy your cruise!

We cruised in 4050 on the Zuiderdam. Loved the extra balcony room. In fact, we contemplated stealing a full-sized lounger from somewhere to use since we had room. (never were brave enough though :D)
If you want a double-width balcony (18 ft) with a lounger already there, book 4164 or 4166 on the Zuiderdam or other Vistas. What looks on the deck plan like possibly a public deck between them is actually divided between the cabins. The secret is out, however, so they book early.

Hi,

We cruised aboard the Zuiderdam in December in 4129. We liked the cabin, but there is some safety equipment below the balcony (not really an obstruction, but you need to be aware of this when taking photos from the balcony). Also, this balcony lacks some privacy because a portion of it can be viewed from the balcony next door (which is angled and faces forward). Still, it was nice having the deeper balcony.

Chuck

These are the best Veranda Cabins. Our family has taken 4043, 4045, 4047 & 4049 on 3 cruises on the Zuiderdam. We book early and these are our 1st choice of cabins. They are convenient to the public rooms and the elevator is right there to take us up to the Crows Nest, Spa & Pool. But best of all these cabins have an extra 1.5 ft of depth (great if you want to catch some sun) and the plexi-glass railings. The double connecting doors are not a noise problem.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCCL - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ‘09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ’07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Crystal – Serenity ‘09

We have been in 4140 in the Zuiderdam and 4142 in the Eurodam. We love those cabins! We are booked on the Nieuw Amsterdam in Nov and we have 4168 which has the double balcony. We will not book anything but a VD in a vista or signature ship. We have always been in the aft VD's so we don't really know much of the forward VD's but I am sure they are just as good. Go for it, and happy cruising!:):)

• 5 months later...
WHERE exactly are the connecting doors in the cabins on Westerdam/Zuiderdam (Vista class)? ....opposite foot of bed? ....in place of 1 closet?

That will probably vary based on cabin category. I know where it is in the J-category on Main Deck, and presume it's in the same place in the K-cats on Main, too.

In the J- on Main the head of the bed is opposite the entry door, not in the alcove. The connecting door is on the side of the bed, by the foot of it, in the alcove area.

If you want to post your cabin category, and deck, it will help to get a better answer to your question.

WHERE exactly are the connecting doors in the cabins on Westerdam/Zuiderdam (Vista class)? ....opposite foot of bed? ....in place of 1 closet?
In the SS on the Noordam the door to the connecting cabin was in place of a closet. They did lose closet space. We were considering renting out our extra closet to Brian, who was a few doors down in one of those. If any of you have had the pleasure of sailing with Brian, you know how sharp he dresses. Those clothes need the closest space. :D

Meant to say we are in VD on Deck 4 -- 4159 4161 ( I think) on Westerdam (which is like Z). Did a search and for info on connecting balcony cabins and read several posts that said in the regular balcony the door is at foot of bed -- do hope that is correct!

Here is a link to the photos from VD 4149 with connecting door to VD 4145, which shows exactly where the connecting door is (should be same location for VD 4159 and 4161) http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/Ike_VD-4149_Bedroom-02.jpg

Joanie

Archived