Voyage Personalizer

alibabacruisers

I am having great difficulty putting information into my Voyage Personalizer. Good lord, it is so very frustrating for someone like me who is computer challenged to begin with. It keeps on saying I need Adobe, so I have uploaded or downloaded or whatever you do to the damn thing numerous times, but it continues to say I need more. I already have one Adobe that came on my computer, I believe--why would I need twenty? But I think I have at least that many now. QUOTE

That had me laughing so hard for about 10 minutes. Then I tried my Personalizer, even though I don't need anything for several months, and, when I clicked on Travel Summary" it said "The web site that you are trying to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the web site and the IP of your browser is on this list." Huh? I use Time Warner's Road Runner which is all over the U.S.

I tried to access my eticket again yesterday using the new improved system put in place for this very purpose. No luck, apologies, your details could not be retrieved. Rang Cunard. Very nice chap listened politely then told me that the system was working. I begged to differ. Voice-, 'Just one moment sir' in the kind of polite voice that tells you that the speaker is rolling his eyes, pulling a 'can you believe this' face at his nearest colleague and thinking 'why do I always get the dozy old sods who couldn't find their rearends with a map and a flashlight'. Five minutes of bloody Greensleeves ensue. Voice- 'Er excuse me sir but you've printed these tickets twice before'. I deny this and ask for a lawyer. Voice-, Bear with me a moment sir'. Greensleeves... Voice,- 'But sir you printed them off again at 11.08'. Me-, 'but it's only 11.10 now and I've been on the phone listening to bloody Greensleeves since 6.45. Voice, 'Err, bear with me a moment sir', Greensleeves...the 'sirs' are now being hissed through firmly gritted teeth, the eyes have rolled to such an extent he now has a strabismus. Voice,' There was definitely an attempt to print them at 11.08 sir. OH I see, wait, wait a minute sir, I think that might have been me trying to print them off'. Now I'm rolling my eyes and etc etc... Voice, 'what I 'll do for you sir (the tone tells me that this is an enormous favour above and beyond the call of Cunard) 'What I'm going to do for you sir is (fanfare of trumpets, angel choirs, dramatic roll of drums) I'm going to print them off and POST THEM TO YOU.'

Exits stage left whistling bloody Greensleeves.

I sit in my rocker alternately sobbing and singing ,

' Alas my lo-ove you do me wro-ong .......'

Senior Management hisses through gritted teeth ' will you STOP singing that bloody song'

This is not actually a question.

A Bewildered Gari.

:D:D:D

I can't access my e-tickets either. I get the message that Adobe couldn't open the file because it's either not supported or it's damaged.

They never actually ask to see your tickets at Southampton anyway. Just your passport and credit card.

I can't access my e-tickets either. I get the message that Adobe couldn't open the file because it's either not supported or it's damaged.

They never actually ask to see your tickets at Southampton anyway. Just your passport and credit card.

Well, I have figured out the problem, I think. This morning , big as Billy B Damn, there in the middle of my screen, it said that Adobe 3D is trying to open. That must be what I am missing and without it everything is being held up. I wonder if they provide the little green and red glasses.:D

True they don't, or didn't, ask for your tickets at Soton. But the pre-cruise docs which have all the info about this all new, all singing, all dancing system state quite firmly that you need to have the eticket to present at the check-in desk along with your passport, driving licence, inside leg measurement and the names of 5 members of parliament and 6 blood relatives.

Gari

That had me laughing so hard for about 10 minutes. Then I tried my Personalizer, even though I don't need anything for several months, and, when I clicked on Travel Summary" it said "The web site that you are trying to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the web site and the IP of your browser is on this list." Huh? I use Time Warner's Road Runner which is all over the U.S.

I was getting the same message - and I do have the latest Adobe on my computer. But today I got an even more amusing message: "As the voyage has already departed, we are unable to ..." Oh well, I have two months to go and a travel agent in Toronto who is a Cunard expert.

I was getting the same message - and I do have the latest Adobe on my computer. But today I got an even more amusing message: "As the voyage has already departed, we are unable to ..." Oh well, I have two months to go and a travel agent in Toronto who is a Cunard expert.

I think Cunard needs my expertise--no, I know they do!!!:D

True they don't, or didn't, ask for your tickets at Soton. But the pre-cruise docs which have all the info about this all new, all singing, all dancing system state quite firmly that you need to have the eticket to present at the check-in desk along with your passport, driving licence, inside leg measurement and the names of 5 members of parliament and 6 blood relatives.

Gari

Gari - you forgot first born son...

I gave them my estimate [not cheap, but reasonable] for a complete rewrite of the system [eliminating all Micro$oft dependancies] when I sent my complaint in.

I agree - why should we have to QA their software on our dime - Cunard should be thankful we are bringing up these problems and be generous in granting us On-board credit for our time and effort in debugging their software.

Discovered another "feature" of the Princess/Cunard booking system - when records are "linked" the last record's information overwrites the info in the previous record's second passenger data.

Marketing calls it a "Feature" - programers call it a "Bug":D

This November I am doing 3 B2Bs - EBTA, two day to Cherbourg, then WBTA. Have one friend on the EB, solo to Cherbourg, another friend on the WB. Went to Voyage personaliser and had all the problems mentioned earlier. Strangest thing was the address info of the WB friend was on the EB friends address.

Same sort of thing happened last November - booked a roundtrip NYC-Caribbean voyage as a double. I later booked the TA before the Caribbean voyage as a single. My traveling companion got to NYC to check in for the voyage and there was no record of his booking even though it was the first one made. Managed to get it straightened out but it was not a pleasant experience. Been after Cunard for months trying to figure out how this happened - the problem is with the linking.

Anyone notice that the World Club numbers have the leading 01 missing from them on the Voyage Personaliser - the full number is in the World Club record.

Also, on one of my bookings, the age of my traveling companion decreased by 12 years - his WC data was correct - strange things happening in the "Wonderful World of Windows"

Yet another day and nothing has been resolved as far as I know. Today was totally frustrating, trying to get in to my Voyage Personalizer and see just what I have put on it so far. I have finished some of it and saved some for later--the stuff that is stored away someplace is the later stuff. They seem to continue to feel as though I need a different Adobe. There doesn't even seem to be a place where I can write a nasty e-mail. Soon, I will have to call like Gari did, but I will need to call the US Cunard where the music won't be as pleasant as Greensleeves, I am sure. And I will bet that the voice that I talk to knows less than Gari's voice too!

Did anyone else have any luck today?

I can't find an email address for Cunard anywhere. Very poor customer support--guess they just don't want to bother hearing from their customers. The only way to get to them without calling is their online "contact form" which seems to only go to marketing. I submitted a complaint using this method days ago, but have received no response. I keep getting the "not authorized to access" screen when trying to view my travel summary.

I keep getting the "not authorized to access" screen when trying to view my travel summary.

Me too and the little bit I can access in my personal info is a mess. My street address is now where my name should be and my husband's brother is now my husband instead of our emergency contact. :eek: I'm not sure I am who I think I am.

It appears that Cunard switched over to P&O's personalizer in order to allow for electronic ticketing (when you click "Personalizer" on the Cunard web site, it takes you to a P&O web address). I would imagine that the techs are working feverishly to iron out the bugs...at least, let's hope they are!

I can't find an email address for Cunard anywhere. Very poor customer support--guess they just don't want to bother hearing from their customers. The only way to get to them without calling is their online "contact form" which seems to only go to marketing. I submitted a complaint using this method days ago, but have received no response. I keep getting the "not authorized to access" screen when trying to view my travel summary.

According to the 'whois' record, the technical contact for cunard.com is domains@lexsynergy.com

I'm not bothering to hide their address from the spam harvesters.

Does anyone have any experience in downloading Adobe 9.3 on a

Windows 7 computer? I am beginning to wonder if it is impossible to do this. Perhaps it isn't Cunard's fault, but the fault of my computer?:)

I assume that you have an earlier version of Acrobat installed, Open it and click on Help on the top line, then look in the drop down menu for Check for Updates and it should then check and advise you whether you need to upgrade and you just click your way through it. You actually onlyneed the Reader to access the pdf file that I believe you are trying to access and if the above doesn't work or you don't have the program installed then Google "Acrobat Reader" and down load it free, it will almost self install. Any problems I will try to assist

It appears that Cunard switched over to P&O's personalizer in order to allow for electronic ticketing (when you click "Personalizer" on the Cunard web site, it takes you to a P&O web address). I would imagine that the techs are working feverishly to iron out the bugs...at least, let's hope they are!

I think they have been using the P&O web address for the personaliser for a while in the UK

I hesitate to try the P&O personaliser - they've just released a whole new website that seems very much slower than the old & the less said about their forums the better. But I do have a cruise booked, so...

Trying it now .....................

........ (still logging on) ....... Bad link:confused: ok, so let's try the actual cruise personaliser - wow, compared to the main site, that was fast :)

P&Os seems fine:D (at the moment!)

:):):)Success! Voyage Personalizer worked beautifully this morning...travel summary opened in a pdf box with full booking information plus detailed itinerary. (Don't know about the e-ticket problem as our cruise is way off still) The technicians obviously worked hard to get the bugs out of the new system. Hope you all have easy access now, too!

:):):)Success! Voyage Personalizer worked beautifully this morning...travel summary opened in a pdf box with full booking information plus detailed itinerary. (Don't know about the e-ticket problem as our cruise is way off still) The technicians obviously worked hard to get the bugs out of the new system. Hope you all have easy access now, too!

Yes! It worked for me this morning, too! I'm thrilled to be me again instead of being my street address!

Archived